Guest MRSBUCKET

Sunee Plaza Raids

Guest MRSBUCKET

Tonight at around 11 p.m. Police from Bangkok, Chonburi & Pattaya sealed all exits from Sunee Plaza.

All staff were taken from all Bars for drugs tests.

Business in Sunee Plaza suffers again.

Anyone have any further news about this ?

Last night a friend and I took a little tour of Sunee Plaza. Several of our friends like to hang out at the Corner Bar and we were on our way there to catch up with them at about 9:00 PM. As we passed one bar, someone told us a raid is expected at about 10:00 PM. In other words, Sunee Plaza was tipped off. When we caught up with our friends at Corner Bar, they also told us a raid is expected at about 10:00 PM. At about 9:40, that's when we began to see the under-age boys starting to make their exit from Sunee Plaza.

A few minutes later I wanted to leave. I had no desire to be around when a raid occurs. Naturally, just my luck, my car was parked just outside of Sunee Plaza. Guess who discovered he had a flat tire! My friend called his own boyfriend, who has a tire pump. While we were waiting for him to arrive, we cooled our heels at the Po Pot restaurant. Sure enough, at about 10:20 the police started arriving . . . in droves. Pickup truck after pickup truck, loaded with police officers, entered Sunee Plaza. A large number of individual officers also arrived on motorcycles. We saw them block off Sunee Plaza. Any under-age boys or boys on drugs were now trapped. From what I understand, the police drug-tested and checked ID's of every single boy in Sunee Plaza, whether they were working in a bar or not.

I have a feeling, though, the police didn't reel in too many boys considering that just about everybody in Sunee Plaza knew the raid was coming, at least an hour and a half in advance. The bars had plenty of time to get rid of their under-age boys and I'm sure the boys on drugs had plenty of time to escape as well.

Once I had the tire in decent shape I wasn't about to hang around to watch the rest of it, but any boys who ended up caught in the net would have to be either deaf or total idiots. Everyone knew this raid was coming.

Now, why would I be thinking that there just may be someone in the police department who gets paid to tip off the bar scene when a raid, especially a major raid, is about to occur?

Guest MRSBUCKET
For more information....

See this thread of postings on Sawatdee Forum:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum...ght-t12508.html .

TJ

Many people are unable to access the Sawatdee site, of which I am one. It locks when you open the front page for me.

I am informed the Boyz Town was also raided last night.

THe Boys & Staff of all Bars in Sunee were rounded up and taken to the catre of the Plaza for testing.

If was a long haul and the Bars where the Boys proved positve had their licences taken away. Not sure if they wil be returned or for how much.

Please to report that Topman was 100% clear and will be open again tonight.

Sorry to anyone that wanted to see the show last night but it had to be cancelled due to the staff having to go and piss in bottles.

Many people are unable to access the Sawatdee site

There are also threads about this on the Gay Ting&Tong message board (see http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic1740.html ) and the Baht-Stop message board (see http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2563 ).

I took a look at the threads on Sawatdee, Baht-Stop, and Gay Ting&Tong. I had no problem getting in. There really isn't any information on the Sawatdee thread that isn't also posted here, Baht-Stop, and Gay Ting&Tong.

Guest travelerjim

Pattaya People reports 11 drug tests positive/16 NO ID card

Pattaya People Newspaper reports on riday night raid!

Police Raid Night Entertainment Venues

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...;IdArticle=7139 .

"A group of police officers were ordered to go around Pattaya to make strict inspections of entertainment venues in the night of Friday 17th August

The first area that the team decided to go to was the famous Soi Sunee, in South Pattaya, where many reports have come through to the police that in some bars there are illegal activities going on; some venues allow under aged children in, which is against the law.

From an inspection of 200 people in Soi Sunee, the police found that 184 had their identification cards on them and 16 people did not carry their ID cards, also 11 people’s urine tests proved positive that they had just taken drugs. They were all taken to the police station and charged accordingly.

News stories placed on this website are short versions. If you would like the full story, please read the Pattaya People Weekly newspaper."

TJ

The following appears in the PATTAYA CITY NEWS (click link for photos: http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_18_08_50_3.htm ):

_____

South Pattaya Bars Checked by Bangkok and Local Police Despite Calls for Leniency in these Low Season Months

On Friday Night, Police and District Officials made checks on bars located in the South Pattaya area. Checks on licenses, explicit shows and employees were made.

We begin at Soi Sunee Plaza in South Pattaya where Banglamung District Licensing Officials accompanied by Police Colonel Sutin, the Superintendent of Pattaya Police and a group of Officers inspected many bars. Almost 100 people were checked to ensure they were carrying their ID Cards and if they had recently consumed met-amphetamine. License checks were also made on many of the bars. At the end of the exercise, 20 people were arrested after failing urine tests. There were no licensing irregularities found.

We also joined a group of Police Officers from the Children and Women’s Division from Bangkok who inspected a number of bars on Walking Street led by Police Colonel Norasak, Deputy Commander of the Unit and Police Colonel Worapong, Commander of the Eastern Region. The group was checking mainly the Go-Go bars for explicit shows and performers who were showing too much skin. No arrests were made, however the officers did lodge complaints to a number of Bar Managers regarding performers who were seen to be wearing costumes which revealed too much of their bodies.

We spoke with a number of bar owners located on Walking Street and around South Pattaya who mentioned that in these low season months they are finding it hard to attract customers and would like authorities to allow a certain amount of leeway regarding activities inside the bars, however this bar inspection seems to suggest that the Police will not allow any forms of explicit shows and even require performers to cover-up more than before, which could have an adverse affect on Tourism here in Pattaya if this apparent crackdown continues.