TotallyOz

Char Grilled Wild Salmon with Apple Avocado Pico De Gallo

Char Grilled Wild Salmon with Apple Avocado Pico De Gallo

on Sweet Warmed Cole Slaw with Lime Citronette

(Serves 4)

Ingredients:

4 pieces 4 oz. salmon

1 cup cole slaw (recipe below)

1/4 cup apple avocado pico de gallo (recipe below)

Lime citronette (recipe below)

Directions:

Char grill salmon.

Place on 1 cup warmed slaw.

Top with ¼ cup apple avocado pico de gallo.

Drizzled with 2 Tbsp. lime citronette.

Sweet Warmed Cole Slaw Ingredients:

3 cup shredded green cabbage

1/2 cup shredded carrot

1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

1 Tbsp. agave

Directions:

Mix apple cider vinegar and agave well.

Mix with cabbage and carrot.

Heat to order in sauté pan.

Apple Avocado Pico De Gallo Ingredients:

½ cup apples, diced small

½ cup avocados, diced small

¼ cup red bell pepper, diced small

1 tsp. lime juice

1 tsp. chopped mint

Directions:

Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate.

Lime Citronette Ingredients:

2 Tbsp. lime juice

¼ cup fresh spinach

1 tsp. agave

¼ cup canola oil

2 Tbsp. pure olive oil

Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Puree first three items.

Slowly add oils to emulsify.

http://www.redmountainresort.com/blog?=newsletter_081011_DA

• Members

Mmmmmm... chargrilled salmon. I'll take my avocado straight please with just a bit of lime juice salt and pepper. I'll take the apple for desert -- stuffed with brandy soaked raisins and cinnamon with a hint of allspice, all wrapped in a pie crust blanket and baked for 40 mins and served with a dollop of lightly sweetened creme fresh. Did I wander too far from the menu? :mellow:

Sorry to be a pain in the ass. I hate customers that do that. Really. I would never do that in a restaurant.

I never quite accepted mixing sweet fruits in savory dishes. My palate finds it disorienting. For the same reason I'm not a big fan of cinnamon or mint in meat dishes. My palate tells me that I should be experiencing baked pastries or pies or candy of some sort. Some expectations I've yet to outgrow from childhood. :baby:

• Members

I'm not a huge fan of fresh salmon but this recipe is on tap for the weekend. The combination of sweet and tangy sounds perfect. Have you tried all the recipes you are posting? Thanks and keep up furnishing me with menus so I don't have to do the work.

I'm not a huge fan of fresh salmon but this recipe is on tap for the weekend. The combination of sweet and tangy sounds perfect. Have you tried all the recipes you are posting? Thanks and keep up furnishing me with menus so I don't have to do the work.

Yes, I have. This recipe was from a Spa I go to in Utah. I love the place. Check out their site. It is am amazing week get away right at the foot of Snow Canyon.

• Members

I never liked fish when I was young except tuna salad. On occasion I did eat fried freshwater pan fish and catfish caught by the family and some saltwater caught fish too. I did grow up in Florida afterall. But it was never a favorite. I never eat fish bought at a supermarket or fish market if I could find a hot dog or slice of chopped ham. I NEVER ate fish as an adult.

That all changed in my 40's on my first trip to Seattle. I an a sucker for smoked foods. I smelled that alderwood smoked salmon which coaxed me take a chance. It was the second fish that ever tasted like a meat product to me. It did taste a bit fishy around the edges but that smoked aroma and meaty texture got me past that. The first fish I ever had that gave me a sense of eating tasty 'meat' was saltwater snook, a real delicacy IMO. Alas, it is game fish and legally only available when caught by licensed individuals for private use under strict catch limits. :(

Eventually, that opened the door for me to eating a few other mild flavored white fish.

I never could eat canned salmon. Not only was it fishy but the bones were gross. :o

File under Different Strokes. ^_^