dapitt

Pek - Guide in Bangkok

Guest ToyFan

He's had his pic(s) and address of his (Nicely done, serious.) guide-site\info on Sticky Rice and a few other gay sites for a long time. I've been thinking of contacting him\ask questions and maybe give him a try, like a day, and take it from there. I want to see some of those places Thai say, 'Farang go, farang not come back.'

Anyway, tour-bus sightseeing is just not my thing. I used a guide before who used, at least some, public transport. It has the advantage of not having to find parking and tuk-tuks can be faster (manouver easier) than cars, less time standing in grid-lock. Depending on where you'd like to go; using the skytrain & subway can make sense and is part of the adventure of seeing Bangkok. My guide knew his way around, short cuts, back way(s) in, shopping bargains and bargaining, good places to eat not on-the-tourist-track. After my first two trips we'd just meet for dinner or a club-crawl. Then he graduated and dropped out of sight. I miss him.

FYI:

The tours offered here seem reasonable. I've seen half-day (Keystone Cop.) Bangkok tour-bus tours (Hotel) travel agents advertise @ 1,400 - 1,500 baht.

http://www.city-discovery.com/thailand/ban...eeing-tours.php

I agree. Tour bus sightseeing is just not my thing either. I much prefer spending time with a local who can show me the small interesting sites that are inaccessible to large tour groups, while still having the flexibility to see the larger, more crowded sites on our own schedule and freedom. And, I agree with you about the public transport. I think there may be some advantages there.

I've scheduled some tours with Ben of "Ben's Taxi and Tours" in Chiang Mai during my next visit to LOS and was hoping to find someone similar in Bangkok. I've written Pek and have had a nicely worded reply. He has a cost of 1500 baht for a day of work (plus expenses, of course). I am in hopes that someone who has booked with him will be able to post to recommend his service.

And, thanks for the link. I appreciate it.