Lucky

Reba McIntire Comeback

• Members

Reba once replaced Bernadette Peters in the Broadway musical Annie get Your Gun. What had been a lackluster show suddenly thrived with the endearing and talented McIntire. I then watched a multitude of episodes of the sitcom, Reba, where she played a divorced Houston housewife raising children while continually encountering her ex and his new wife. The very cute Steve Howey played her comedic son-in-law. Over the years his body went from tall and skinny to quite hunky, but as he aged he put on weigh and began to look like a young Al Gore. I still have the show on my Roku Hulu Plus.

All of which is to say that I am a Reba fan. And now, she may have a new sitcom coming! The Huffington Post reports that the Hollywood Reporter reports the following:

Reba McEntire is making a comeback.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, ABC has ordered "Malibu Country," a sitcom pilot written by and starring the country music legend. The show, if picked up, would follow McEntire as a woman who moves her children away from her cheating husband in Nashville and seeks to revive her singing career in the very different climes of Malibu.

"Malibu Country" would also mark McEntire's first full-time foray into TV since her show "Reba" ended in 2007. That show ran for six seasons on The WB and The CW networks. McEntire has since made appearances in the short-lived series "Better With You" and "Working Class."

Guest lurkerspeaks

speaking of Steve Howey.. here is how he appeared back on the old Reba show...

md.jpg

and here is how he appears now on the Showtime series, Shameless....

Steve%20Howey%20Naked%20in%20Shameless.preview.jpg

Speaking of Reba, there was a twitter rumor yesterday that she either had died or was deathly ill. But of course it was all false. I will never figure out why people start stuff like that. It's like it is some social experiment or something.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I met Steve Howey one night...the guy is HUGE! (TOWERED above me...& I'm 5'9"!!)....

Nice guy.

You met him or you MET him???? I know, I know.. discretion always...LOL

• Members

Reba McEntire is making a comeback.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, ABC has ordered "Malibu Country," a sitcom pilot written by and starring the country music legend. The show, if picked up, would follow McEntire as a woman who moves her children away from her cheating husband in Nashville and seeks to revive her singing career in the very different climes of Malibu.

"Malibu Country" would also mark McEntire's first full-time foray into TV since her show "Reba" ended in 2007. That show ran for six seasons on The WB and The CW networks. McEntire has since made appearances in the short-lived series "Better With You" and "Working Class."

This will make my 76 year old mother extremely happy. And me too because maybe I won't have to watch so many Reba reruns on whatever cable channel she constantly seems to find them on when I visit her.