Suckrates

The American Idol 13 Dish it Up

• Members

Well first nite for the Idol 13, and for me the clear front runner is Jessica sanchez, although I do love Erika Van Pelt as well...

Was hoping to swoon to over colton, but although he is nice eye candy, not a fan of his music...

Joshua was also good, but I felt bad for Jermey, who JLo is clearly routing for but just didnt cut the mustard last nite....

Back to Jessica however, her rendition of Whitneys "I Will Always Love You was beautiful and Flawless. It even made me forget Whitneys version, a testament to Jessicas talent. You Go Gurl....

Guest EXPAT

Jeremy and Shannon should be in the bottom two tonight for the sing off. Then JLo will save Jeremy who loves him for some reason. I also agree that Jessica Sanchez is the one to beat. She took a huge risk to sing Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You". But she nailed it. It was beautiful.

I also liked Erika Van Pelt as well. I also like Deandre. He is probably the most commercial actually. I'm not a fan of Colton. He is like an Adam Lambert wanna be or a cheap knock off with no real vocal ability at all.

Guest EXPAT

oh good. I was worried that JLo would insist on saving him. Well it is just now starting here on the West Coast. So I'll see it in 57 minutes if I know Ryan's delay tactics. . .

• Members

oh good. I was worried that JLo would insist on saving him. Well it is just now starting here on the West Coast. So I'll see it in 57 minutes if I know Ryan's delay tactics. . .

Honestly, Shannon was worse than Jermey, but he didnt have a pop star image. He was more that kid with an OK voice that sings in the garage....

• Members

BTW - I really enjoyed DeAndre's performance this week, primarily because he didnt use his hair as a prop, or sing in the screechy falsetto voice. He owned the song and performed it well, seemed at ease on the stage. Reminded me Bruno Mars in the performance sense. 2 Thumbs Up

Guest EXPAT

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/13/10675824-jermaine-jones-disqualified-from-american-idol

Jermaine Jones, the gentle giant has been eliminated from Idol and will no longer be on the show because he failed to disclose several "multiple crimes".

This is usually in the cycle when they have a double elimination anyway so maybe they will only have one elimination this week down to the top 10 anyway. Or will they bring someone back?

Guest EXPAT

I was totally unimpressed with everyone tonight. Joshua was pretty good but the rest not so much. I agree Heejun was definitely at the bottom.

Guest EXPAT

The problem is that only teenage girls are voting and they vote for the boys. Teenage boys no longer think its cool to watch this aging show. So I suspect the girls will go one by one yet again.

• Members

The problem is that only teenage girls are voting and they vote for the boys. Teenage boys no longer think its cool to watch this aging show. So I suspect the girls will go one by one yet again.

Point taken, but somehow I cant see even teenage girls being impressed with Heejun.. He's no cutie-patootie like Bieber. However, there are miliions of Asian teenage girls whom I suspect are keeping him going.?

• Members

OK, so Wed 3/21 was Billy Joel nite. WHY ???? OK, so he's some fucking muscial icon, but his songs are hardly relevant on todays music scene. If they are looking for the hottest music pop-star, WHY Billy Joel ?

Plus, none of the performances really blew me away. None of the contestants are CONSISTENTLY good !. They have their moments, but honestly only Colton has STAR POWER... And Heejun is REALLY starting to bug me. Its not American Goofball, boot that asshole.... :pirate:

Guest EXPAT

Spoiler Alert (in case you didn't' see the Idol elimination last night).

EVP or Erica Van Pelt was booted off the show last night. Heejun should have been the one that went home. He is just awful and certainly not respectful of the process either based on what we saw this week.

If you follow the website "votefortheworst.com" you'll see they are supporting Heejun to get people to vote for their view of who the worst contestant might be and Heejun is their current choice.

I have to say that I'm not really excited by any of the contestants this year. I wasn't excited about any of them last year either. They all seem too generic to me. I thought maybe Colton might be it but his voice is way too weak. He's trying to be an Adam Lambert type performer but he doesn't have the chops to do it.

post-105999-0-03738200-1332512642.jpg

• Members

I was SCREAMING at the TV when they announced HeeJerk was saved. Guess the asian population DOES rule?

The guy is just a Clown, not to mention he cant sing. Is there an Asian quota fr these shows ? Thats the only reason I can think for him being chosen. I am a long time AI fan, and have been to the tour concert every year except for the year Taylor Hicks won, and Lee Dewyze. Those were also 2 lacklustre seasons. I WwONT go this year either becuase noone is really reving my motor. Too soon to even call a winner, its so up and down.

Guest EXPAT

Stevie Nicks to mentor 'American Idol' contestants this week

• If anyone falls this coming week on American Idol, Stevie Nicks will be there to help. The Fleetwood Mac singer/songwriter and solo artist is mentoring the nine finalists of the hit Fox singing competition, according to AI executive producer Nigel Lythgoe, who yesterday tweeted a photo of himself with Nicks while confirming the news. As part of this week’s theme, contestants will select songs from their personal idols. The show’s mentor-in-residence (and Interscope Geffen A&M chairman) Jimmy Iovine has strong ties to Nicks, of course; they were once romantically linked, and he produced her first three solo albums in the 1980s.

• Members

Although Nicks is an icon, like many of the mentors on the show, they are "Past their Prime" and not relevant on todays music scene. How's about some FRESH blood Nigel ??? These old foggies are bringing the show down..

Guest EXPAT

Or at least not grabbing a younger demographic. Those of us in our 40's and 50's are watching because we like these old foggies. But what about Nicki Minaj as a mentor; or Katy Perry as a mentor; or Justin Bieber (god help us) as a mentor?

• Members

Or at least not grabbing a younger demographic. Those of us in our 40's and 50's are watching because we like these old foggies. But what about Nicki Minaj as a mentor; or Katy Perry as a mentor; or Justin Bieber (god help us) as a mentor?

Point taken EX, so lets just agree perhaps there should be some "Balance"....j