AdamSmith

Missing avatar on mobile site

Any idea why my avatar doesn't display on the mobile version of the site? Most other posters' avatars show up when I view the forums on the mobile version of the site, but not mine. It does display if I toggle over to Full version of the site on my phone (iPhone).

BTW, management's use of forum software that offers a mobile-display default is very nice. Quick to navigate, easy to read on a small screen. Maybe worth observing (no malice! Just fact) that the Other Forum does not, far as I can tell, have this option. Making it deucedly hard for these aging eyeballs to read on a phone.

What is pictured in your avatar?

I must have tried about 20 pictures for a new avatar, each a jpeg image, only to be told each time that I cannot link to that type of image. I gave up.

JPEG stored on a public web site, a screen grab (I assume) of a scene from '2001.' As I said, you can see it on the 'full version' of this site when viewed on either PC or cell phone, just not on the 'mobile' version of the Forum, which is the (very convenient, easy-to-read-on-cellphone) default view for my iPhone. I ask because, again, many others' avatars do show up on the mobile version.