Guest lurkerspeaks

American Idol

• Members

OK, so NO surprise that WGWG (white guy with guitar) Phillip Phillips took home the Idol tiara beating out mY pick Jessica Sanchez who was just consistently Fab thru the entire competition..

Is it just me, or didnt Phillip seem detached, bored, uninterested thru the entire competition, except for his Exit tears ??

Wheres the enthusiasm boy ???? His Debut song, for me LACKLUSTER !

A few other notes about the Finale show:

Reba - a botoxed country belter

Fantasia - Morticia Adams on Steroids

Neil Diamond - a shell of his former self, talking thru his grestest hit

Steven Tyler - Tyrannasauraus Rex in a flowing caftan

Jennifer Lopez - A fat assed, aging Hip hop Diva trying too hard

Joshua Ledet - his usual Church screaming thru Every song (But I LOVE Josh, you go Girl !)

John Fogarty - WHO ????

Jordin Sparks - WHY did she ever win ???

The remaining Top 10 contestants - embarrasing, even fan favorite Colton disappointed. They were ALL weak !

Now, we come to Jennifer Holiday, clearly STEALING the show with her classic "And I'm telling You"... Jessica held her own with Jennifer and proved HERE, she SHOULD HAVE won ! I'm still swooning over this performance.....

All in all - a disappointing season. As we watch Phillip now fade into oblivion like previous guitar strumming male winners Kris Allen and Lee Dewyse, we can only hope to see Jessica soar to great heights like Jennifer Hudson. And Joshua, he will be stripping at Hunkamania in Paramus NJ, and screaming while doing so. AMEN !

I look forward to NEXT season. It has to be better than this year ?

Guest EXPAT

I still can't get over this performance between Jennifer Holliday and Jessica Sanchez. If that doesn't tell you that Phillip will disappear almost as quickly as he ran down into his families arms, I don't know what will.

Here are some amazing gif's accumulated of this amazing performance last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWxDVvwzRH4

post-105999-0-38909400-1337868047.gif

post-105999-0-87135900-1337868060.gif

post-105999-0-49985000-1337868078.gif

post-105999-0-48259200-1337868093.gif

post-105999-0-79550900-1337868109.gif

post-105999-0-59947100-1337868126.jpg

Guest EXPAT

While their TV ratings may be way down from last year (30% drop), their social networking records are huge:

via Fox Press Release:

Last night’s Season 11 finale

generated more than

1 MILLION social comments --

the MOST of any

broadcast or cable TV show telecast

this season!

In Addition, American Idol Surpassed

5.9 MILLION Social Comments Overall This Season

(Most social comments for a full season of a TV series ever!)

Audition cities and dates for American Idol Season 12 include

Los Angeles, CA, on Thursday, June 7; San Antonio, TX, on Thursday, June 14;

Charlotte, NC, on Tuesday, June 19; Newark, NJ, on Saturday, June 23;

Chicago, IL, on Thursday, July 12; and Oklahoma City, OK, on Friday, July 20.

Additional details will be announced on www.americanidol.com.

SOCIAL TV DATA SOURCE: Bluefin Labs (www.bluefinlabs.com)

OFFICIAL SHOW WEBSITE: www.americanidol.com

OFFICIAL American Idol TWITTER: @American Idol &Join the Discussion:#AmericanIdol

OFFICIAL SHOW FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/americanidol

• Members

I enjoyed this season but admit to watching it less when the Lion King left the show. :smile:

I was rooting for Joshua the whole time. I think he is special and will do well in the business.

I was a Josh fan as well, but his downfall was that Mantasia turned EVERY song into a spiritual Gospel number with over the top screamin and wailin. If you noticed, when he was required to sing "normal", he wasnt that impressive... These little things matter !

Guest EXPAT

Do you remember Stefano Langone from season 10? He's the hottie that most of the gay community wanted to get into the finals but he didn't quite make it. Well he has his first single out now and it is really good. Here is the video for it and a couple of pictures to remind you who he is.

post-105999-0-59181900-1337969729.jpg

post-105999-0-50120400-1337969735.jpg

• Members

I LOVED him and always thought he was a hottie....

On the plus side, he's still cute, has a pleasant enough voice and could probably go far with the right management and songs.

I also think its cool he gave cameos to his former Idol castmates in his video (did ya notice ?)

On the negative side, we get it, he's on a Roll. the song was Lame.

Whats up with the shag rug on his chin ????

Guest EXPAT

Here is Jennifer Holliday in 1982 30 years ago singing this wonderful song. Some websites were reporting that she now has MS which may explain some of the facial contortions that she did during the song.

Guest EXPAT

American Idol winner Phillip Phillips is reportedly giving his new Ford Fusion to his parents, preferring to keep his old 2001 Ford Ranger. At least he kept the brand consistent.

And even though his winning song "Home" has been #1 on iTunes for 6 days (today it's #3) he says that he's glad people like it but that's not the type of song he would record. He said it is too pop and he won't do songs like that. Good luck with that on your first CD. He won't have much choice what he does on his first American Idol paid for CD. . .

• Members

American Idol winner Phillip Phillips is reportedly giving his new Ford Fusion to his parents, preferring to keep his old 2001 Ford Ranger. At least he kept the brand consistent.

And even though his winning song "Home" has been #1 on iTunes for 6 days (today it's #3) he says that he's glad people like it but that's not the type of song he would record. He said it is too pop and he won't do songs like that. Good luck with that on your first CD. He won't have much choice what he does on his first American Idol paid for CD. . .

AND with that attitude, his career will end VERY fast. You cant be a DIVA right out of the gate....