ihpguy

117 this past Tuesday night

• Members

The comparisons between 117 and Meio Mundo couldn't be more different.

Tuesday afternoon about 5:30PM when I walked into 117 was so different than the previous day at MM. There was an energy. Excitement. Versus the glass door that has the bottom which scrapes the floor in the vestibule, the staff at the entrance are buzzing open the door which swings in effortlessly. Nice fragrance. Clean smelling. Versus unfortunate odors. Nice and bright against dingy. Things just look spiffier. The guys are more well-kept. Certainly more muscular. Not lazing around. Plumbing that works. Higher prices. But just a bit more. A classier operation versus penny-pinching which is quite normal for many Cariocas. Three shower heads with hot water ar 117(besides bathrooms in all of the suites) versus maybe 1 or 2 at MM.

In a post on my other thread, I goofed up on the programming. Supposedly, Wednesday nights at 117 they now have a very good weekly show hosted by Lorna Washington that is becoming popular. With the deaths of Kayke Sabatella and Rosa Bombom, Lorna has garnered more attention. Or so I've been told.

The guys are all very professional at 117. A Brasilian friend has described Meio Mundo as the port of entry to the guys looking to enter the "profession" and then it is either the "trampoline" effect of upwards and onwards to 117 or back north to the vast array of suburbs that comprise the Baixada Fluminese. From Volta Redonda though Nova Iguacu and Caxias and then eastward to Mage and Sao Goncalo, there really is a never-ending supply of the beautiful and available. At MM, the guys are more down-to-earth/easier and definitely less-complicated. By the time most are ensconced at 117 for a bit, they have developed their "shtick" as it were.

I had an interesting conversation with the older of the two brothers from Niteroi. I have been with the younger and never made it with the older. Tuesday the older was more willing to be completo but then I ran into a fun newer guy who I just clicked with, So who knows, maybe the next time I'lll finally visit a suite upstairs or in the basement with him.

By the way, the lower bar seems to have been closed up and the tables and chairs moved upstairs. Two new vinyl benches have been purchased and those wild chaises(with leapord print fabric?) have been sent to furniture heaven. Or perhaps Monik's private playroom after a refurbishment. They were oh-so trashy. I loved to watch Pablo reclining on one of them and beat his meat. Delicious.