TotallyOz

Life of Pi

"A young man who survives a disaster at sea is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery. While cast away, he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor ... a fearsome Bengal tiger.

Based on the best-selling novel by Yann Martel, is a magical adventure story centering on Pi Patel, the precocious son of a zoo keeper. Dwellers in Pondicherry, India, the family decides to move to Canada, hitching a ride on a huge freighter. After a shipwreck, Pi finds himself adrift in the Pacific Ocean on a 26-foot lifeboat with a zebra, a hyena, an orangutan and a 450-pound Bengal tiger named Richard Parker, all fighting for survival."

Having taken my two guys tonight to see this, I was in love with the beauty of the movie. It was magical and I just adored the movie. The cinematography is amazing. The characters are easy to fall into their story. I was happy to see Gérard Depardieu in the movie as I have not seen him in too much recently and I have great memories of him in earlier films.

I am a big fan of Ang Lee and have been waiting for this movie to come to Thailand. My sister saw it a few weeks back and told me to be sure to see it. I am so glad I did.

There is also large chunks of the movie where dialogue is not needed and thus the boys were very interested in the movie as well. They both said they liked it but they did ask lots of questions afterwards.

I thought the lead character, Suraj Sharma did a great job. I also loved seeing some familiar scenes from India and Montreal.

The movie is just great. Go and see it if you have a chance.