TotallyOz

Joke for the Day: Add more if you want

Princess Diana and the Queen are driving down the lane when their car is forced off the road by masked thieves. "Out of the car and hand over your jewels."

After the thieves rob them and steal their car, Diana begins to put her earrings, necklace, and rings back on.

"Wherever did you hide those?" demanded the Queen.

"Where do you think?" asked Diana.

"Pity Margaret wasn't here," said the Queen. "We could have saved the Bentley."

-- Joan Rivers

• Members

I was curious about how and why Bentley surpassed Rolls as a luxury car. Turns out to be a contest between BMW and Volkswagen which apparently VW has won. ^_^

I had a notion to buy Rolls stock when it went to $6 many years ago during bankruptcy. My opinion was the "intrinsic" value was much more than that. Before I could place my order the stock went to $10 and I lost my nerve.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest callipygian

Since hijacking a thread is forboden, elsewhere, I'm taking license to change that here.

Apology of the day and not joking around:

post-127928-0-75352400-1415235659_thumb.

I'm working on it all. And, RA1, I'm honestly, and deeply sorry you unfairly became a target of my work in progress, which I hope will someday be a better me. You deserved not only better - you deserved none of it at all.

Guest callipygian

I simply hate people who choose to correct other people's heart filled expression between forboden and verboten.

What could possibly be the difference?

as usual, I failed to provide a smiley face.

Guest zipperzone

I was curious about how and why Bentley surpassed Rolls as a luxury car.

RA1

I don't think its a case of Bentley surpassing Rolls. Both are extremely luxurious but many people feel that a Rolls is "over the top", too showy, and for that reason they prefer a Bentley. Says just about the same thing but in a less ostentatious way. Also a Rolls is more apt to be driven by a chauffeur whereas the Bentley is usually owner driven.

• Members

Joke on Linkletter's relentlessly upbeat, energetic radio then TV show 'House Party.'

artlinkletter392676.jpg

Iconic 'Kids Say the Darnedest Things' was one of its recurring segments. Etc.

Oh....

Sorry I asked.

Not in the least. Education is the duty of all. :D

Thought you might at base :lol: enjoy the sly recoloration of key letters: A D T = adenosine triphosphate, critical to the cell's Krebs cycle whereby energy is released.

=> amphetamine => :hyper: as the emoji would have it.

I simply hate people who choose to correct other people's heart filled expression between forboden and verboten.

Ye ryght werthie olde wyrde!

And also the Sarazines bryngen forthe no pigges, nor thei eten no swynes flessche: for thei seye, it is brother to man, and it was forboden be the olde lawe: and thei holden hem alle accursed that eten there of.

The Voyages and Travels of Sir John Mandeville

Sarazines bryngen forthe no pigges, nor thei eten no swynes flessche: for thei seye, it is brother to man, and it was forboden be the olde lawe: and thei holden hem alle accursed that eten there of.

The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques and Discoveries of the English Nation

And thei seye, that wee synne dedly, in etynge of bestes, that weren forboden in the Old

The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques and Discoveries of the English Nation

In this is forboden all spousebreche [with] bodely dede or goostly/& all wylfull polucõns or prouokynge to [the] same.

A Ryght Profytable Treatyse Compendiously Drawen Out Of Many and Dyvers Wrytynges Of Holy Men

In this is not only forboden the dede doyng but also the desyre & wyll of herte.

A Ryght Profytable Treatyse Compendiously Drawen Out Of Many and Dyvers Wrytynges Of Holy Men

In which is forboden all heresyes/forsweryng of all mysmenyng/vnworshyp of god/tak [yn] ge his name î vayn & other.

And fals freres forboden · the fayre ladis chaumbres; 16

Early English Meals and Manners

And thei seye, that wee synne dedly, in etynge of bestes, that weren forboden in the Old Testament, and of the olde lawe; as swyn, hares, and othere bestes, that chewen not here code.

The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques and Discoveries of the English Nation — Volume 08 Asia, Part I

where, if we are lucky, we shall meet some Canterbury Tails. :smile:

“Speak, sweete bird, I know not where thou art.”

This Nicholas anon let fly a fart,

As great as it had been a thunder dent*; *peal, clap

That with the stroke he was well nigh y-blent*; *blinded

But he was ready with his iron hot,

And Nicholas amid the erse he smote.

Off went the skin an handbreadth all about.

The hote culter burned so his tout*, *breech

That for the smart he weened* he would die; *thought

As he were wood*, for woe he gan to cry, *mad

“Help! water, water, help for Godde’s heart!”