Guest FourAces

McDonalds To Roll Out 3 New Quarter Pounders

Guest FourAces

The company, based in Oak Brook, Ill., says the new burgers will replace its meatier Angus Third Pounders, which were among the most expensive items on its menu at around $4 to $5. The Quarter Pounders will come in two of the same varieties as the Angus burgers — Bacon and Cheese and Deluxe. The third option will be Habanero Ranch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/mcdonalds-adding-3-new-quarter-pounders-as-it-phases-out-third-pound-angus-burgers/2013/05/13/059c1986-bbe7-11e2-b537-ab47f0325f7c_story.html

Also has anybody tried their new wraps. I checked out the chicken and bacon wrap and thought it was pretty good. A nice change if you are burned out on burgers.

post-100094-0-30461600-1368473271_thumb.

• Members

I last ate something in McDonald's in about 1992. No present plans to do otherwise.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest FourAces

I last ate something in McDonald's in about 1992. No present plans to do otherwise.

Best regards,

RA1

Funny I am thinking how can someone who lives in the US not eat at McDonalds at least once or twice a year. I eat there once a day :( Anyway, after I made this post I was speaking with a relative, about the new fare, and she mentioned she had not eaten at McDonalds in about the same time frame as you RA1 WOW :o

Guest Hoover42

I have a small order of McD fries, and two regular cheeseburgers once or twice a year...usually at 3 or 4 am in the morning after I've been drinking all night. ^_^

• Members

There is a story that goes with not eating fast food. Between 5 and 25 years old I probably ate as many cheeseburgers as anyone but they were all "custom" made. My family was in the restaurant equipment business and such as Dairy Queen only had one location in the Memphis area because my family said why pay a franchise fee when we will show you how to run the business and provide all the details and equipment for the price of selling the equipment.

When McDonald's first came to Memphis in 1959 we all thought the products were awful. The hamburgers tasted like cardboard, the milk shakes actually tasted hot, etc. The fries and soft drinks were about the only edible things they offered. A gentleman by the name of Sol Kaplan borrowed money from his folks, his wife's folks and anyone else he could put the bite on to buy the area franchise. He lived behind the first store and would walk through a hedge to get to the back door and check on things (often).

We thought this was a disaster in the making. I don't have to mention how silly we were. Drive-ins like this and fast food were about to explode and Memphis was no different. I believe Mr. Kaplan has passed on now but he made a lot of money, opened many stores in the area and eventually sold out and retired.

I probably have already eaten enough what turned into fast food many years ago to last any two people a life time. This plus traveling and eating on the road for many, many more years has turned me off to eating out most anywhere unless it is at the request of another. Then I enjoy the visit more than the food. Otherwise, I cook for myself at home and if in one place more than one day I also get a room with a kitchen and cook there also. I enjoy cooking.

I can enjoy a nice meal out periodically with friends but I don't crave it. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

One more new quarter pounder and I can replace the wheels on my car. :P

Never been much for the quarter pounders. There bargains were always the Double Cheese before they wised up. Now the best deal remains their value menu replacement for the Double Cheese -- has only one slice of cheese, not two, which suits me quite well as their cheese product sucks. Truthfully, I check out of Micky D's during the pink slime scandal.

I used to love BK's Whooper and Jr. until... they swapped out the open flame brazier for the replacement cookers that were going to service their rib offerings. Now they are gone but the old open flame is still gone too. Their burgers taste like steamed cardboard now. I kept hoping they would revert, aware of the lousy product they have now. But no, so I dropped them a long while back.

That leaves Wendy's in my area. Their burgers taste like burgers but they want an arm and a leg for specialty burgers. That's ok. One can eat fine off the value menu. The meat is the same, cooked the same and two will do me along with a value fry which I don't need anyway -- a tasty heart-clogging fast-food meal for $3.50 or thereabouts.

Guest FourAces

I like Wendy's one dollar value menu.. :smile: They are cheap

and filling..

I like there $1.00 menu also but my problem is I order about $15.00 worth of food :P

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Four Aces.. Well the portion of Wendy's one dollar value meal is actually small.. Let's see if I get a lot, I get one quarter size burger, one small French fries, 5 piece nuggets, a cup of chili.. I don't get soft drinks and sometimes get ice cream.. About six dollars.. If If I get their specialty tea then it will probably round up to 10 dollars.. It adds up... I like to cook when I'm not eating out.. I will cook a nice meal if you happen to be in NC.. I hope you like Salmon, I cook those well... I like people eating what I cook... so you won't leave hungry my friend..

I like there $1.00 menu also but my problem is I order about $15.00 worth of food :P