Guest parisrio2000

Why Doesn't the USA Appreciate Latin Men More?

Guest parisrio2000

I'm not from the US but visiting now and it's very strange to me that the US celebrates and is even weirdly obsessed with the sexuality of black men, but not of Latin men. I've been with both, and for me there's frankly no comparison, Latin and Brazilian guys in particular have a sexiness and sultry heat that blacks simply don't have, in Brazil it's called "tesao."

It's something that Brazilian (and some other) Latin guys (morenos, some brancos) share, but not really found in black guys (even in Brazil) who have a different style of having sex that is to me more contrived and lacking in passion.

Historically the stereotype has been about the "Latin lover" so it's strange to me that people have forgotten this. Instead in the US they celebrate black men as somehow sexy, which I really don't see. Why don't Americans realize the the (well-founded) historicaly stereotype about Latin lover? (full disclosure, I'm not myself Latin, French doesn't really count :P )

Could this be because a lot of the Latinos in the US are indios/mestizos from southern Mexico, and not Spanish-Portuguese/mixed types, so people associate Latino with people who look like they're 5'0 day laborers or whatever, and not with Latin Lotharios?

For your time,

936full-francisco-lachowski.jpg

FBnQytY.jpg

Your observation seems to me somewhat descriptive of media and advertising imaging of straight sexuality in the U.S., but not much to do with male same-sex representation or reality.

It would be very interesting if you could identify the sources from which you draw these impressions.

• Members

AS-

Does your post mean you want the names and phone numbers of the black guys parisrio2000 has seen? :smile:

The Latin guys, for sure. :smile:

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

"...it's very strange to me that the US celebrates and is even weirdly obsessed with the sexuality of black men, but not of Latin men."

News to me. When was the last celebration we held of black male sexuality? I could get the concession on black dildos and make a fortune.

• Members

I'm not from the US but visiting now and it's very strange to me that the US celebrates and is even weirdly obsessed with the sexuality of black men, but not of Latin men. I've been with both, and for me there's frankly no comparison, Latin and Brazilian guys in particular have a sexiness and sultry heat that blacks simply don't have, in Brazil it's called "tesao."

It's something that Brazilian (and some other) Latin guys (morenos, some brancos) share, but not really found in black guys (even in Brazil) who have a different style of having sex that is to me more contrived and lacking in passion.

Historically the stereotype has been about the "Latin lover" so it's strange to me that people have forgotten this. Instead in the US they celebrate black men as somehow sexy, which I really don't see. Why don't Americans realize the the (well-founded) historicaly stereotype about Latin lover? (full disclosure, I'm not myself Latin, French doesn't really count :P )

IMO your impressions seem to me to be rooted more in the wider American cultural sterotypes -- the straight community. Since the days of slavery the concept of the sexual prowess of the mandigo has inflamed the white male ideas of black malehood and flamed the fantasies of the fairer sex. This has survived in some sense, more or less, to present day.

The idea of that latin lover was built in the forties and fifties with screenstars: Jose Ferrer, Ricky Ricardo, Cesar Romero, Ricardo Montalban and others. Again, the appeal was to the women, while nonlatin males tolerated the fantasies, those who did not resent it. That still exists today with the likes of Mario Lopez, Enrique Iglesias, William Levy and others.

To distill it down to the very essence, mandigos represent torrid sex and latinos romantic lovers. The mandingo model is male driven by resentment and fear of comparison while the latino model is driven by female fantasies.

As for the gay community, I have no idea what fanned the flames in the 40s and fifties but I suspect it was much the same as today, big dicks and insatiable bottoms. There does exist a streak of racial prejudice in the gay community much like the straight community.

As for your distinction of latin men by geography, reports of the sexual prowess of Brazilians is often reported on this site as well as others, probably all sites that deal with the subject of sexual prowess. But the fact is that most contact with latinos in this country break down by coast with Cubans and Puerto Ricans on the East Coast and Mexicanos on the West Coast. The other nationalities make up a much smaller portion of the mix.

This is all my opinion, of course, based on my limited observations. I wish I had more first hand experience with latinos all around. :yes:

Guest parisrio2000

IMO your impressions seem to me to be rooted more in the wider American cultural sterotypes -- the straight community. Since the days of slavery the concept of the sexual prowess of the mandigo has inflamed the white male ideas of black malehood and flamed the fantasies of the fairer sex. This has survived in some sense, more or less, to present day.

The idea of that latin lover was built in the forties and fifties with screenstars: Jose Ferrer, Ricky Ricardo, Cesar Romero, Ricardo Montalban and others. Again, the appeal was to the women, while nonlatin males tolerated the fantasies, those who did not resent it. That still exists today with the likes of Mario Lopez, Enrique Iglesias, William Levy and others.

To distill it down to the very essence, mandigos represent torrid sex and latinos romantic lovers. The mandingo model is male driven by resentment and fear of comparison while the latino model is driven by female fantasies.

As for the gay community, I have no idea what fanned the flames in the 40s and fifties but I suspect it was much the same as today, big dicks and insatiable bottoms. There does exist a streak of racial prejudice in the gay community much like the straight community.

As for your distinction of latin men by geography, reports of the sexual prowess of Brazilians is often reported on this site as well as others, probably all sites that deal with the subject of sexual prowess. But the fact is that most contact with latinos in this country break down by coast with Cubans and Puerto Ricans on the East Coast and Mexicanos on the West Coast. The other nationalities make up a much smaller portion of the mix.

This is all my opinion, of course, based on my limited observations. I wish I had more first hand experience with latinos all around. :yes:

Tampa there may be something to what you say, but actually I think it's the other way around. The Latin lover stereotype is very old: Don Juan, Casanova, Lothario, etc.; and it's old because it's true. I don't think women really distinguish between romantic love and torrid passion, that's kind of a goody-goody cliche that some men like to believe about women, or that women themselves push for self-interested reasons. But the best way to make a woman love you is to fuck her brains out, and if women have fantasies about Latin lovers, as you say, it's not because they're bringing home flowers or a paycheck. Conversely, black men, it is true, have rightly always been seen as highly sexual and very impulsive (it's even in the Arabian Nights), but that doesn't equal great lover. And in my experience, though it's limited in this space, this difference holds true, I mean black guys are very horny and think a lot of themselves sexually, but they're really not very sexually potent, and their masculinity is a lot more brittle and an "act" than what you find among Latin men.

If you look at *reality* in the US, what I'm saying is true in the sense that most interracial marriages and interracial births when it comes to white women at least are with Latin men, far more than you find with black men. But the media portrays something totally different and doesn't seem to appreciate Latin sexuality. I actually think it's the opposite of what you're saying, it's the media itself pushing this myth of the black lover, and it's a pretty recent phenomenon, but doesn't really correspond to reality. And, more to my surprise, entirely suppresses the truth about the sexiness and torrid passion of the famous "Latin lover." I think you may be right though that the reason for this is found in the strangeness of American race relations, and, unfortunately, I think this distortion in the media is pushed by other white people with very cynical motives.

Anyway I will post on this thread from time to time pictures of hot Latin men! I see that the pic of Franciso Lachowski above isn't working. Here's one of MMA star Ricardo Arona,

zh2uV71.jpg

I've been with two Brazilian guys who look like this :D