Guest lurkerspeaks

A second hand update...

Guest lurkerspeaks

I just received word from a friend of mine who is in Rio...basically saying he is having a good time.

To quote him, "Pointe has two feet in the grave. 117 is only busy on Tues and Fridays. Meio Mundo is the place to be,

• Members

Yes, muito obrigado, Lurker. These updates are always welcome, and in terms of Meio Mundo, after two other saunas died, of the three left, my choices have been (1) Meio Mundo (2) Club 117. After two disappointing times at Point 202 in 2008, I stopped going!

Didn't go in 2010 or 2011!!!!!

• Members

After two disappointing times at Point 202 in 2008, I stopped going!

Didn't go in 2010 or 2011!!!!!

Confused!

You said you stopped going in 2008 - Then, in the next sentence, you said you didn't go in 2010 and 2011. Isn't 2008 prior to 2010 and 2011?

Very strange and confusing.

Regardless of the above contradiction, I agree that Pointe 202 is not a place I would go again or recommend. There are too many muscle type steroid garotos who are available at Pointe 202 and the bills are often padded with bogus charges.

It is my experience (and the experience of several of my friends who used to go to Pointe 202, the billings are often padded with spurious and unauthoried charges. Food is added to the bill even though the customer does not order any food or authorize it. Drinks are added to the bill even though the customer did not authorize the drinks. Another thing that is done (but not as often as the bogus drinks and food) is the room charges. I, and a few friends, might not use a room while at Pointe 202 but a room charge appeared on the bill despite no room being used.

Many foreigners are not sufficiently proficient in Portuguese to challenge the bogus charges and often the charges get paid simply because the customer does not know the language enough to have the bogus charges removed.

The above two reasons (steroid pumped guys and padded bills) are why I and friends no longer vist Pointe 202. I am surprised that the place is still in business.

-

• Members

I think axiom means he did not go to Point 202 during his 2010 and 2011 trips to Rio.

I agree. However, he first said he stopped going to Pointe in 2008. Why mention 2010 and 2011 if he last went there in 2008?

I think you are correct in interpreting what he wrote but it is rather a strange way to say you stopped visiting a place in 2008.

• Members

One is unable to interpret the untargeted hostility in your post. Could you elaborate?

Hositility? Where in the world did that come from?

Now, I am more confused by your post than I was before I read the contradictory post of the other member.

If I told someone I had not visited a place since 2008 then I immediately said that I also had not visited the place in 2010 and 2011, I believe that most people would be confused or think that something was amiss with such a statement.

Sorry if you read something into my post that was not there.

• Members

One is unable to interpret the untargeted hostility in your post. Could you elaborate?

After I made my response to your unusual post, a friend called me and stated that perhaps your use of the word "hostility" refers to my dislike of Pointe 202.

That is a possibility I had not considered.

If that is what you mean, I direct my opinion (not hostility) at the part owner at Pointe 202 referred to as "Junior" because he is the reason the place changed for the negatively. Hostility is quite a strong word. The author of this post said his friend referred to Points as "Pointe has two feet in the grave." I do not regard that hostile. I regard that informative.

About ten years ago, Pointe 202 was a fun place, in my opinion. However, over the years, the place changed negatively. Among other things, the bills got padded and many of the garotos became overly muscled due to steroid use.

So, if you want to interject hostility because I offered my opinion about why I do not visit Pointe 202 anymore, than so be it.

If you want to interject hostility into my confusion over someone saying they no longer visit a place since 2008 but then the same person wrote that they also did not visit in subsequent years, again, so be it.

Are you the "hall monitor" for posts? If so, please let me know.

-

Guest lurkerspeaks

I take it to mean that Axiom did go to Pointe in 2008. Then on subsequent visits to Rio during 2010 and 2011, he did not visit the Pointe. Kinda redundant, but just overstating his point..

• Members

I think axiom means he did not go to Point 202 during his 2010 and 2011 trips to Rio.

Adam, thanks! You correctly read and interpreted what I wrote! I don't know why the other individual was baffled! But "it's all good!" I am one who chooses not to quibble over minor issues.