Guest lurkerspeaks

Some prayers and well wishes needed please

Guest lurkerspeaks

I met a great person many years ago from the old Hooboy site. We met for the first time in Montreal back around 2006 or so. Since then, we have had many fun trips to Montreal and Rio together. We share many of the same interests and make great travel partners. Even though we live in different parts of the country and are very different people, we have become best of friends. We are even close in age (both in early 50's).

We talk on facebook all the time, even though we don't see each other in "real time" very often.

I was just talking with him and he told me that he has been seeing a lot of doctors lately (4 in fact) and it appears he might have bone cancer. He has an appointment with yet another doctor soon. He told me that if he does have cancer, he will not seek treatment for it. He is going to quit his job and have the best year of his life. He will go out banging..

Needless to say, this has my heart breaking. I am not a religious person, but if any of you are, please say a prayer that this is just a big scare and not really the "big C"..

Lurker

• Members

My sincere prayer for myself is for acceptance but that does not mean that I do not wish for whatever others may desire. I had a great aunt who took one treatment for cancer and said, no more. The family accepted her wishes and she lived out her remaining days without very much discomfort and virtually none from treatments. Therefore I can appreciate and understand this person's wishes and personally wish him well.

However, there are medical advances everyday now and I am hoping that if the diagnosis is the worst, he will at least become acquainted with the best advice being offered for treatment. After that, if he wants to cruise around the world, have fun.

Best regards,

RA1