Gaybutton

Here We Go Again - Another Pedophile Arrest

The following appears in PATTAYA ONE (that's the new name for 'Pattaya City News'):

for photos, see: http://www.pattayaone.net/news_18_06_51_2.html

_____

English Man Arrested and Accused of Conducting Lewd Acts with a 12 Year Old Boy

On Wednesday Afternoon, a team of officers led by Police Colonel Nopadon, the Superintendent of Pattaya Police arrested an English National based on an arrest warrant detailing allegations of conducting lewd acts with a minor dating back to December 2007. Mr. Malcolm Edward Falkirk aged 50 from England was arrested at his house in Soi 10 off the Thappraya Road and taken to Pattaya Police Station.

He was joined by his Lawyer who was given details of the case. The warrant stated that the suspect met the boy aged only 12 at a bar in Soi Sunee Plaza, South Pattaya. It is then alleged that he took the boy back to his house and engaged in lewd acts with him.

Mr. Falkirk denies all allegations of conducting lewd acts with a minor and will now hope to prove his innocence in Court over the coming months.

I have seen this gentleman around Pattaya for a long time. What I don't get is this. According to the article he took an under legal age boy FROM A BAR. The bar is still doing business and not closed. I can't imagine a boy who works at a bar, going to the police station and reporting that he is working at a bar illegally and having sex for pay. So this leads me back to what I posted earlier on another site a few weeks ago (which was removed because they don't want underage talk). Which is this:

I received an email from someone who has left Thailand after he was tipped off that a bar owner in Sunee is giving CCTV tapes of customers that attend his bar which is well know for almost exclusively having under legal age boys. In other words he is snitching on his own customers to save his own skin. The person who emailed me this left because he heard he was on "the list".

So if you have ever attended this bar you MAY be on "the list" also. The best advice I think is to only frequent bars that you are sure does not have under legal age boys working there. Apparently it does not matter if you off them or not. I am not being a "chicken little". I am taking my own advice and after that it is "up to you".

I know some really kind hearted guys that give small money to the young street kids in Sunee. But have decided this may lead to a problem since some under cover police will see it and say that money was being paid. Corruption abounds. BE CAREFUL!

What I don't get is this. According to the article he took an under legal age boy FROM A BAR.

Actually, that's not what the article says. The article says, "the suspect met the boy aged only 12 at a bar . . ." For all we know, he could have been sitting at a beer bar and the boy approached him from the street. Nothing in the article says the boy was actually working in a bar at all.

Also, this is the second time the idea that a bar owner is giving CCTV tapes to the police has been mentioned. Just because you received an Email doesn't make it so. I know of absolutely no evidence that any bar owners are doing any such thing. None of the people I know, people who live in Pattaya and go to the bars every day, know anything about this. If a bar owner ever gets involved in something like that, sooner or later the public would find out and he would be out of business that very day. If you have any evidence that such a thing is actually going on, beyond receiving an Email, I'd like to know what it is.

Unless your friend is privy to something that the rest of us neither know nor can find out, then he is, to put it as kindly as possible, mistaken. I also know of no arrests resulting from CCTV tapes from any of the bars.

I do not disagree with Gaybutton on this issue. I think there should be some proof of this going on. But, I do know for a fact that many of the bars have the CCV cameras installed and that they do save the recordings. It is not hearsay or gossip.

What they do with it? I do not know.

I will assume they use the tapes to protect themselves should any thing happen in the bar or there are any misunderstandings. But, I do find the recording and viewing of customers repulsive. I heard that even one bar had a camera in bathroom but it was used to make sure there were not drugs being sold. I do not know this for fact but was told by a VERY reliable source.

What they do with it? I do not know.

Guest gwm4sian

This reported arrest seems to me to be significantly different to previous ones.

In earlier reported arrests the suspect was found in flagrante along with the boy. This one seems to be a result of activities carried out last year, which, if no other evidence is on offer, opens the gateway to a legal he said/she said type argument.

Will be interesting to watch this case develop, if we have the chance. We could all of us be at risk of someone making the same allegations against us.

I am not trying to debate this. I was only giving a warning from what I know. I said I was following my advice and those that want to ignore it or poo-poo it, fine. It is no gain to me.

Gaybutton is usually right on things so those that want to take his advice have good history to do so.

However the person that wrote to me left very quickly after a police friend told him. He has investments here in Pattaya and left those. But maybe the guy is wrong, but he is not returning.

I have no direct evidence. So there it is. It really is not any of my business. I only posted because it appeared to me that what my friend wrote to me several weeks ago was coming true. But it could just be mere coincidence that all of this has happened in the last few weeks.

It is also fine with me if the moderators feel that lack of evidence on my part should be a reason to delete this thread.

It is also fine with me if the moderators feel that lack of evidence on my part should be a reason to delete this thread.

We have all sounded in on our opinions. Others are welcome to take the advice or not. Up to them. No need for the thread to be closed because we have different opinions of the situation.

Guest luvthai

This case will indeed be interesting. This gentleman speaks fluent thai so has an edge over other farangs. Also this guy knows the ins and outs of the law very well as he has rewritten several law books. I do not know this guy very well but I do know he has over the years paid tution and has put many thru college that would not have normally gone on in their education. This arrest makes no sense to me as it is indeed a case of he said /she said. Sadly tho what ever the outcome he may well be deported as this seems to be what happens now. Lets hope itw just a matter of being caught up in a which hunt by mistake.

Guest freeyourmind

I do not post on this board any longer because of a certain moderator, but I am making an exception today because I care about our gay community.

The other boards (for whatever reason) are not allowing or are restricting comments on CCTV in the bars and other places.

If you think for one second that a bar owner wouldn't / couldn't be pressured and or bribed into allowing the BIB to not only view but make copies of the video tapes taken inside and outside the bars, you really need to remove those glasses you are wearing.

Don't think for one nano second that you have an expectation of privacy in Thailand or any public place especially a beer bar.....and especially a go-go bar......especially a.....never mind.

Some of you are all up in arms demanding proof and wagging your fingers at the current situation at hand.....

But do you really think the BiB or whatever NGO is apparently working with the BIB are going to play by the rules here in LOS?

Do you really think they are going to inform you of the type of investigation techniques used?

Not a snowballs chance in any Jomtiem beach chair.

The only rules they play by are their rules.

And speaking of Jomtiem Beach, do you think those cameras are only being used to catch venders selling their pork fried rice without a health permit?

I do not know why all this is happening.

I do not know if there are people watching us just because (we are so sexy)

But I do know I am careful not to jay walk or speed on my motorcycle.....Or do any other type of unlawful activity now-a-days.

Gentleman.......... Be careful out there until this .....shall we say.......blows over.

I do not post on this board any longer because of a certain moderator

I wonder who that could be . . . .

Oh well, I'm glad you made an exception today. What you are writing is opinion and not a fact, although it certainly can't hurt anything to behave as if it is a fact. I don't know what the bar owners are doing with their CCTVs. Do you know why I don't know? Because they haven't told me. So, I can only guess. Have they told you? Unless they have, then you too are only guessing. I'll be happy to change my opinion to concur with yours, and others who share your opinion, the moment someone is actually arrested or even questioned as a result of CCTV in bars. To my knowledge, so far nobody has, and all of this 'scary stuff' is nothing but nonsense and bullshit that people are simply making up.

So, as long as you have it in for a "certain moderator," I might as well give you good reason. Ready?

If you think for one second that a bar owner wouldn't / couldn't be pressured and or bribed into allowing the BIB to not only view but make copies of the video tapes taken inside and outside the bars, you really need to remove those glasses you are wearing.

Show me any evidence whatsoever that any such thing is going on. Tell me about any incident in which someone was arrested, questioned, or harassed in any way as a result of those videos. As soon as you do, I'll be the first one to remove those glasses.

But do you really think the BiB or whatever NGO is apparently working with the BIB are going to play by the rules here in LOS?

Yes, I really think so. I know of nothing that has taken place that even suggests that anything sinister is taking place or that anyone has been a victim of a police or government sponsored set-up. Again, show me even the slightest shred of evidence that they are not "playing by the rules." What rules would you say are being violated?

Do you really think they are going to inform you of the type of investigation techniques used?

No. Why should they?

I do not know why all this is happening

All what is happening? I don't know of anything that is happening. What is it that you suppose is happening? What is it that you have any evidence of that is happening, beyond your personal paranoia? Paranoia and guessing does not constitute evidence.

As far as I know the pressure is on to arrest the pedophiles. I can't speak for others, but personally I'm all for it.

Based on everything about which I am aware, you don't have to worry about CCTV or anything else as long as the boy is at least 18 years old. Do you disagree?

Anyway, SMILE - You're on Candid Camera . . .

As for the latest arrest, further details are in today's PATTAYA DAILY NEWS:

See http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000006349 for photos.

_____

PATTAYA POLICE ARREST BRITEX-LECTURER FOR UNDERAGE GAY SEX

An ex-university lecturer from England was arrested in Pattaya on June 18, 2008, for having gay sex with an underage boy. Police held an arrest warrant to arrest the man at home, and despite his staunch denials of either being gay or luring anyone for underage sex, the man was taken into custody.

On June 18, 2008, at 11am, Pol.Col.Nopadol Wongnom, Director of the Interpol Crime Suppression Centre and a police team went to arrest Mr. Malcolm Edward Falkins (68), a British citizen, at his residence in Tapraya Road, Pattaya, being charged with obscene behaviour towards a child under 15 years of age.

Apparently, on the previous afternoon, the parents of the young boy, under the alias of Jack (12), had filed a complaint that, at the end of December 2007, their son had been lured into a Sunee Plaza bar toilet, South Pattaya, by Mr. Malcolm to perform an obscene act.

The authorities had been keeping a close watch on the accused for many months and discovered that Mr. Malcolm was in the habit of luring young boys either to a hotel or his home to have what they suspected was underage sex. The authorities finally notified the police of their suspicions and asked the court to issue an arrest warrant.

When arrested, Mr. Malcolm testified that he was an ex-private lecture at a UK university. He declared he was retired and had been living in Pattaya for 4 years and could speak fluent Thai. He denied that he was gay or had ever lured young boys for obscene purposes and would testify to that effect in court. Police, however, having strong evidence to the contrary, detained the suspect for further investigation according to the law.

This case will indeed be interesting. This gentleman speaks fluent thai so has an edge over other farangs. Also this guy knows the ins and outs of the law very well as he has rewritten several law books.

I suppose so. I would think someone like him would know better than to be luring 12 year old boys for sex. For his sake, I hope the accusation is false.

I question the parents. I'd like to understand what these parents are doing by letting a 12 year old kid out at hours when he could even be in Sunee Plaza, letting farang lure him into toilets. It's heartwarming to see that these parents have such concern for their child and are making sure they know where he is at night and what he is doing.

I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the story, but I'm wondering how it came to the attention of these parents in the first place. What did the kid do, go to the parents the next morning and say, "Guess what I did last night."?

PattayaMale, I just noticed on the Sawatdee board that you wrote a post saying that we deleted a post or thread or whatever on this forum. Would you mind telling me what was deleted? Did I misinterpret something?

As far as I know, no posts have been deleted for months and we have not deleted any post you have written. Where is that accusation coming from and why would you post that on another forum rather than bringing it to our attention?

I think a retraction or at least a clarification, written by you, is due to us on that Sawatdee thread.

Guest skeet45

I think Gaybutton you need to read his post over there again.

What i belive he is saying is to come here and read about it.

They are not allowed to post over there about this subject.

It was a thread on Sawatdee that was deleted not here.

I think you read it worng :o:D

I think Gaybutton you need to read his post over there again.

What i belive he is saying is to come here and read about it.

They are not allowed to post over there about this subject.

It was a thread on Sawatdee that was deleted not here.

I think you read it worng :o:D

Thank you. If I misinterpreted your post, PattayaMale, my apologies. I still would appreciate it, though, if you would make it clear that nobody on this web site deleted anything. If I misunderstood, others did too.

skeet45 has it right. Sawatdee Board has a rule about not posting about under legal age. To the best of my knowledge, post on GayThailand does not and this is why I made the post on this site.

Gaybutton, I know the wine is good at Cherry's but be careful you don't drink too much of it before reading or replying to posts :D

Also, you have made your point that you think I am over reacting to the email sent by my friend. I understand your view. No problem. You may be right. Let's let it play out and see. This whole thing, even if true, is not a problem to me and those that do not off under legal age......I hope

Gaybutton, I know the wine is good at Cherry's but be careful you don't drink too much of it before reading or replying to posts

Considering that I rarely drink at all, have another look at your own post and see for yourself why I interpreted it the way I did. I would appreciate it if you would clarify that the posts on that subject are not deleted on the Gay Thailand board, but on the Sawatdee board.

I'm probably a little over sensitive, but with the consistent accusations that I frivolously delete posts, I'd appreciate a clarification.

This case will indeed be interesting. This gentleman speaks fluent thai so has an edge over other farangs. Also this guy knows the ins and outs of the law very well as he has rewritten several law books. I do not know this guy very well but I do know he has over the years paid tution and has put many thru college that would not have normally gone on in their education. This arrest makes no sense to me as it is indeed a case of he said /she said. Sadly tho what ever the outcome he may well be deported as this seems to be what happens now. Lets hope itw just a matter of being caught up in a which hunt by mistake.

(Edited by Admin)

luvthai, the kids are in Sunee because there is a demand. If the peds leave or get arrested and deported then there will be less demand and Thailand will be a better place. I think pattayamale is paranoid about cameras but I wish there was some truth in it and the police would use them as evidence.

Considering that I rarely drink at all, have another look at your own post and see for yourself why I interpreted it the way I did. I would appreciate it if you would clarify that the posts on that subject are not deleted on the Gay Thailand board, but on the Sawatdee board.

I'm probably a little over sensitive, but with the consistent accusations that I frivolously delete posts, I'd appreciate a clarification.

GB,

See if my post on SGT is ok in your mind now. I have edited it. If you are not satisfied please tell me exactly what to write to make the post clearer and I will cut and paste it to the SGT site of my post.

I thought you had a better sense of humor re: drinking wine at Cherry's. I was not accusing you of drinking to much....I was trying to be humorous...some good nature kidding....is this like male PMS?? :wub:

re: drinking wine at Cherry's. I was not accusing you of drinking to much....I was trying to be humorous...some good nature kidding...

Well, thanks to the two of you, I have decided to start drinking myself. I am a virgin drinker. What should I start with? Remember, I need to take it easy in the beginning as Smiles will tell you, I have a bad metabolism and need to properly watch my calories. So, with the drinking suggestions, please take into consideration the amount of bang for the buck. Gin and Tonic?

GT,

You might want to start with red wine. It is claimed to be good for your heart and circulatory system. Since it is made from grapes I think it counts as one of the recommended five fruit a day servings. Just stay away from "sour grapes" wine. It tends to hasten a loss of sense of humor.

I thought you had a better sense of humor re: drinking wine at Cherry's.

"Better" sense of humor? Not better, just different from yours. Obviously I do not share your concept of humor. Thanks for clarifying your post. That part did indeed bring a smile to my face. I'll celebrate with a glass of red wine vinegar.

Now that we've got that over with, maybe nobody will mind if we get back to the subject of the thread.

Guest luvthai

Payless a better handle for you would be Clueless. I am not sure how you figure I am a regular at Duc's when I am in thailand once a year for a 3 or 4 week period. At best I drop by for a soda twice a week as I do at all the bars. If I am a regular anywhere it is the large Cornor Bar across from Euroboys. You seem to have a persoanl conflict going on with Mr. Malcolm which you have carried over to this forum. I barely know the guy and can hardly be counted as a friend. I do know of several guys he has put thru college (not kindergarden) and they seem very loyal to him. I am also aware of the reasons the boys are on the street and most of them are there because thier parents cannot feed them so have turned them out. I guess it would be better for them to turn to drugs or mugging or worse to feed themselves. By the way how many have you put thru school? Its always easy to take a high road. I am NOT sympathetic to the pedos but I am concerned for the welfare of the kids. I have donated quite a bit to different agencies in hopes someone can come up with a better way.

Guest laurence

I have only seen drunk Australians and Brits (no offense guys) at Ducs and never a hint of underage but then I am not a vigilante of Sunnee.

Guest GaySacGuy
The authorities had been keeping a close watch on the accused for many months and discovered that Mr. Malcolm was in the habit of luring young boys either to a hotel or his home to have what they suspected was underage sex. The authorities finally notified the police of their suspicions and asked the court to issue an arrest warrant.

My question is who are "The authorities" that "finally notified the police"??? There may be more to this than meets the eye!! <_<

Some of these posts are getting very close to personal attacks. I have already received complaints. I haven't eliminated any posts . . . yet. I hope I will not be forced to do so.

Gentlemen, please confine yourselves to stating your thoughts and opinions about this issue without resorting to personal attacks. If you disagree with someone, fine, but let's please keep the attacks out of it, ok? I really don't want to have to start locking threads, deleting posts, or placing people on moderated mode, but I will if I have to. I think most people who read this board know that when I am forced to put on my moderator hat, and then people call my bluff, they quickly find out I wasn't bluffing.