TotallyOz

What are you Favorite NEW TV Shows?

I have been watching a few and I find The Goldberg's just too funny. It sort of reminds me of a fucked up Wonder Years. But, so far, I have really enjoyed each episode.

I have also been enjoying Atlantis, a BBC show similar to Merlin but with different story and stars. So far, so good.

Any others I need to be watching?

I like Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.; The Tomorrow People (premieres tonight but I've already seen it); The Originals; The Blacklist. I know I will like Dracula on NBC when it starts in two weeks. I didn't like any of the comedies. I can't figure out where all the talented writers went. But they are all awful. The only one I watch now is The Big Bang Theory. I'm also loving SCANDAL even more now than ever before.

AWFUL: Sleepy Hollow, Ironside, all new comedies, Hostages, Lucky 7 (cancelled already), Betrayal (surely will be cancelled)

I'm looking forward to "Almost Human" and "Dracula" which have not yet premiered yet.

Yes. I saw The Goldbergs. My mother taught me if I had nothing good to say about something I shouldn't say anything at all. So I won't say anything at all.

Yes. I saw The Goldbergs. My mother taught me if I had nothing good to say about something I shouldn't say anything at all. So I won't say anything at all.

LOL really? I mean, I agree with what your mom said totally. But, did you watch it only 1 time or the first 3 episodes? I didn't like it the first one but after 3, I find it very good.

I'm really disappointed in the second season of "Revolution". The writers are all over the place and I'm losing interest in each episode more and more. So we'll see how tonight's episode goes.

I'm looking forward to the season premiere of ARROW tonight. I'm also loving SVU this year. I like CSI and Nashville even more this year than last. I also love Revenge this year with the hot new brother added to the cast.

LOL really? I mean, I agree with what your mom said totally. But, did you watch it only 1 time or the first 3 episodes? I didn't like it the first one but after 3, I find it very good.

I only watched the first episode and I hated it. Maybe I should give it another chance. But I have so many other things to watch. But in general I have hated every single sitcom this year. I'm even tired of Modern Family. I think that every scene is overdone in Modern Family. Where are the good writers for sitcoms?

• Members

I can't figure out where all the talented writers went.

Where are the good writers for sitcoms?

Wouldn't surprise me if it's budgets. When there were only a few networks audiences were larger. These days a show may have a fraction of the audience and less money for writers.

If these folks are right, good writing requires good rewriting and, in the push to get a show out the door as cheaply as possible, rewriting may be one of the luxuries that gets dropped even if they hire good writers.

More than a half, maybe as much as two-thirds of my life as a writer is rewriting. I wouldn't say I have a talent that's special. It strikes me that I have an unusual kind of stamina.
- John Irving
I work very hard on the writing, writing and rewriting and trying to weed out the lumber.
- David McCullough
There is no great writing, only great rewriting.
- Justice Brandeis

I'd also suspect that today's audience may be less aware of good writing. There doesn't seem to be much of a focus on it in many schools.

I've tried watching some of the current popular shows and usually can't get through more than a couple of minutes. Even 30 Rock, which I gave a bunch of chances because I so admire Tina Fey, left me wishing she'd had some good partners and maybe some more time.

I'm sure I should give these shows more of a chance and no doubt I've missed out on some good ones, much to my own detriment.

chord-overstreet-vman-magazine-04.jpg

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my my ... Where do you guys find time and energy to watch all these TV shows and still able to post here everyday... I was low in energy even in my teens too so I find it more challenging these days to do a lot in one day.. I guess you guys just skim through these TV shows and do not watch them completely? Anyways, I rarely watch TV and just read recaps of some shows online.. If a recap of a show is interesting I find it on youtube and watch a little bit. Recently, I watched a gay story line in 90201.. Teddy is so cute and hot.... But the story line is not so great but they have a lot of cute guys in the series.. ^_^

So life is just the nonsense you have to put up with between episodes of "American Horror Story: Coven". This series is incredibly different and unique. I love the teenage witch that can kill boys with her vagina.

And Kathy Bates and Jessica Lange are brilliant. Just give them the Emmy's now!!

• Members

Yeah... favorite...

Blacklist is watchable... love Spader of course, can't stand the girl who doesn't know shit about her own life. And the (admittedly good looking) blond agent who's just there to be an obstuctive ass whenever possible... eck.

Agents of Shield... Want to like it. But I can't stand "Generic Action Stdud", and the elite hacker chick who never touches a computer is really starting to grate. Hmm, the scientist are too... can we just have Colson and Ming-Na?

Ironside, wow. Hated that they didn't find a paraplegic actor. But it's god-awful regardless. "Let's mount the camera to the wheelchair every 3rd shot for no good reason!" ENHANCE, oh, look, we can see the ATM card in his waistband (who the fuck tucks one there?) and read the name of the bank down the street... it's my nominee for least favorite, of what I've watched...

Tomorrow People... they're pretty at least. Sadly they all kept their shirt on in the premier episode... thought this was CW?!

• Members

I have been watching a few and I find The Goldberg's just too funny. It sort of reminds me of a fucked up Wonder Years. But, so far, I have really enjoyed each episode.

I have also been enjoying Atlantis, a BBC show similar to Merlin but with different story and stars. So far, so good.

Any others I need to be watching?

What chanel?

• Members

The Blacklist is the winner for me, Hostages the loser. I'll stick with Sleepy Hollow for now although I thought I would hate it before hand. S.H.I.E.L.D and Tomorrow People will bring me back for further sampling. Ironside is a :yawn:. You can have my seat for all of the comedies. Nothing else seems worth the effort of comment. I'm moving more and more to Amazon Prime and a little bit of Netflix in addition to my Blu-Ray library.

• Members

OK. Has no one else fallen in love with the Goldbergs?

The last Goldberg I saw was Molly Goldberg who uttered the memorable line in her show to one of the other characters: "Throw an eye in the soup." asking to please check a simmering pot of soup on the stove. Circa 1960. Not sure why I recall this but I do have vidid recall of her standing in the kitchen in a yellow and flowery kitchen smock. :D