RA1

Why are "quotes" not appearing in reply posts?

• Members

I notice several quoted previous posts with underlying comments have a blank square where the first post should appear. This happened to a reply I made today also.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest NCBored

I notice several quoted previous posts with underlying comments have a blank square where the first post should appear. This happened to a reply I made today also.

Best regards,

RA1

Testing...

Testing...

Follow-on testing...

P.S. I am making this edit after initially posting -- failed here too.

Odd thing is, when I open up my post to make this edit, the text reappears inside the quote box. Doubtless it will vanish again when I "Save Changes".

P.P.S. Just noticed that this bug is universal -- even in PAST posts, the text inside the previous-post-quote-box is now invisible.

One more finding -- when I am viewing a post that contains a quote from a prior post, even though the text inside the quote box is invisible, I can sweep my cursor across it with left mouse key depressed, and the formerly invisible text then shows up in the highlight thus created.

• Members

What they said.

Plus I'm using firefox or foxfire or whatever the fuck it's called.

See... Change is Bad.

But then I already told you that.

Several times.

----

Anyways, I blame Oz. How many times do I have to tell him: you shouldn't select your programmers by how cute their asses are,

Well, not ALL of them.

Guest NCBored

One more finding -- when I am viewing a post that contains a quote from a prior post, even though the text inside the quote box is invisible, I can sweep my cursor across it with left mouse key depressed, and the formerly invisible text then shows up in the highlight thus created.

So, maybe the text is there but you can't see it because it's the same color as the background?

• Members

So, maybe the text is there but you can't see it because it's the same color as the background?

I think the text is there, it is the same color as the background. You can see it if you highlight it.

Guest NCBored

I could see the quoted text earlier but now I can't - looking at the same posts! And it IS there, just invisible against the background.

Actually, if I tilt my laptop screen back at just the right angle, I CAN make out the text, but it's white against that light grey(?) background.

Guest NCBored

I think this has been fixed. Please check and let me know. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Testing....

Update: I can see the quoted text in this reply after it posted. :D

The earlier quotes remain unchanged, but I didn't expect the fix to be retroactive.

Thanks!