Guest MikeGeorg

Universe Boys Pattaya

Guest MikeGeorg

I stay today the first time at the new "Pub and Dance Bar" >> UNIVERSE BOYS<<

at SOI 17, Opposite from the Bellmarine Apartment.

There are 15 Dancer on stage with a really good dance performance.

The prices are 150Baht for every drink, the" off fee" are 500Baht for the dancers.

I really enjoy this new fantastic place with amazing boys/mens.

Mike

Location: 500m after 3rd RD on the right side - Soi 17 between Sai 3 and Thepprasit Rd.

Guest buaseng
Sounds expensive. 150B for a drink is high in my opinion and the 500B off fee is well....high high.

Have to agree. Probably going to be another five minute wonder!

How any sane businessman can think of opening a new bar in the current climate of decreasing (gay) visitors and rising costs for a night's entertainment (and in the low season as well) is beyond me. He needs his head testing.

Have to agree. Probably going to be another five minute wonder!

How any sane businessman can think of opening a new bar in the current climate of decreasing (gay) visitors and rising costs for a night's entertainment (and in the low season as well) is beyond me. He needs his head testing.

MikeGeorg have been on all the gay forums trying to promote the place , he's probably the owner.

Well good luck , maybe I'll check it out but 150 Baht is just too much for a beer unless you have a great show there.

Well good luck , maybe I'll check it out but 150 Baht is just too much for a beer unless you have a great show there.

In fairness, I have no idea whether MikeGeorg is involved with the place or not. I have a feeling the 150 baht per drink does not apply to beer, but someone will let us know soon enough.

Guest MikeGeorg
MikeGeorg have been on all the gay forums trying to promote the place , he's probably the owner.

yedo i am not involved at any gay business in thailand or special in patttaya.

are gaybutton or gaythailand involved at any places there talk about or make a review?

all what i do was to inform the users of the forums, that there are a new pub, thats all.

btw. i life at suksabai villa and i drive everyday at soi 17 thats why i see the new pub

but i know and i learn in 2 years here in pattaya, its better to say nothing, so its was my default that i make a posting here or at other boards.

but i know and i learn in 2 years here in pattaya, its better to say nothing, so its was my default that i make a posting here or at other boards.

No Mike, it is not better to say nothing. I think it is better to keep others informed when you find something nice to share. People always question the intentions of new people. Don't worry about it.

BTW: I have met Mike and he seems like a very nice man. If he were running a new business, I don't think he would be out having fun every night in other bars. :) So, I don't really think he is the owner of the bar.

As for me and Gaybutton, we do not own any places either. Although, I did review the Marriott a while back and I may have some stock in it. Sorry, I should have disclosed. :)

Mike, just keep posting and having a good time. Don't let anyone tell you different. :)

Mike, just keep posting and having a good time. Don't let anyone tell you different.

I agree. Even if MikeGeorg was the owner, so what? I encourage gay venue owners to post about their places here. It makes people aware of their businesses and gives people a direct connection if they have any questions or concerns. What's wrong with gay venue owners posting and advertising their places of business, as long as they don't overdo it?

MikeGeorg says he was simply trying to inform people about a venue that nobody has posted about. I see no reason to doubt him.

Guest gwm4sian
I have not been able to find this place. Anyone know good directions to get there?

Starting from the Jomtien area, travel along Thappraya Road to Pattaya until you come to the overpass. At the overpass, turn right down third road. Carry on until the first set of traffic lights, turn right. (There is a 7-11 on the corner) Carry on down that road and it is on the right. It seems like quite a way down that road, just past Tigglebitties.

There are undoubtedley other ways to get there, but that should be easy to follow.

Guest buckeroo2

150 baht does not seem unreasonable for a beer if there are offable dancing guys - I think last year I paid 210 baht for a bottle of Singha at Dynamite Boy bar - never went back - so I do not know what they charge now. I am assuming that dancing boys means go-go boys and not boys in a show - but if they are charging a 500 baht off fee may be they are dancers from a show. I do not know of any Boyztown area go-go bars that charges less than this price for a beer- I think most places charge 180-200 baht for a beer - of course, this is in an out of the way location which will surely limit its customer base. BTW, I saw one of those pick up truck floats advertising Universe Boys pub and restaurant on Second Rd near Royal Garden today - I wondered where this place was - now I know

Guest gwm4sian

Paid them a visit this evening. Shallow stage on 3 sides of the room, loud high energy music with a strong beat, and around 15 guys dancing their way round. Short time dancing on the spot, then one place left, and so on.

Most of the dancers were as high energy as the music, definitely no laid back go go shuffle here.

Absolutely no doubt that the boys were over the legal age, some by maybe quite a way. Most of the boys looked like hardworking Issaan farm boys, bit rough and ready, but no six-packs. Dressed mainly in jeans, no shirts. I reckoned out of the 15 or so, only 2 were actually gay, judging by the eye contact and body language. Only one that I would describe as cute.

Beer 150, did not check the off fee.

Only a few other customers in there (this was around 11pm) , all Thai and mixed men/women.

Some of the boys were really very active and pumping to the music - I would worry about their later performance in bed if they have been dancing all night.

All in all, a pleasant place if you like loud fast music and energetic dancers.

I went with my partner to Universe Boys the day after it opened. We went in out of curiosity and it was about 10:30 pm. The door man parked the car and once inside soon realised that it is really a late night club like Dudes and X-ray. So if it gets going it will get going about 1 am.

We were the only customers and the dancers were dancing very energetically. gwm4sian described it well. We chatted to one of the dancers and bought him a drink for 250 Baht which included his tip of 100 baht for sitting with us.

The boys were generally very good looking and probably with an average age of 25. I think the owner might be Chinese. The manager on the night we were there was definitely Chinese. I think the off-fee is 500 Baht but I did not enquire. As an aside if you like to visit new clubs and see great energy catch this one while you can because I think its location will be its downfall.

I was there tonight. I was told by the doormen it was a gogo bar. When I went inside, I was told they were getting ready and would be out in 5 min. I had a drink. After 10 minutes I asked where they were and was told it would be 10:30. It was only 9:30 at that time. I paid my 150 baht for a water and left.

The place is NOT a gogo bar. It is more of a disco. It is clean and well done. If it had high energy, I am sure it would be a blast but as the ONLY one in the bar, I did not enjoy my own company so much as to have another drink alone.

I was told by the doormen it was a gogo bar. When I went inside, I was told they were getting ready and would be out in 5 min.

It appears you were deliberately lied to just to get you inside. 150 baht for a water! I almost always support gay venues, but if that's the way they operate, I think I'll give this place a deliberate skip.

Nice profit , I would never ask for water in a go go bar , you know they will charge you the same for any drinks.

But I would be very upset if they lie to me about a show , not good for business if you want to survive.

I give this place 6 months before we see closed doors.

I only drink water or diet soda in a bar. I don't drink alcohol. So, I have limited options.

I was quite disappointed with them lying to me about the boys on stage and yes, it was a scam to get me to buy a drink. I have yet to see the need to do this as it means I won't go back and spend more money there.

Here is their latest flyer. Nice attention getter for sure. It also says Pub and Restaurant. I guess it was not meant as a gogo bar after all.

Personally, I don't intend to find out. It's one thing when they shout out, "Have Boy. Sexy Boy. Have New Boy." That, I can understand. But when they tell someone that a go-go show is going to start in just a few minutes, and then you discover that is a flat out lie, that's one venue that just lost any support I would have given, at least until they change their tactics. If business is so bad that they have to resort to conning people into entering and buying a drink, then that's a venue I can do without.

I'm going to bring up the subject of doormen and touts, most of whom will say just about anything at all to get you to go inside. Some even block your path and/or grab your arm and try to pull you in. When they do that my response is to stop dead in my tracks and tell them to get out of my way or icily tell them to take their hands off me. That usually works.

Two bar peeves of mine are the touts and pushy mama-sans. In all the years I've come to Thailand on holidays and have lived here, I have yet to understand the necessity for either, especially the overly aggressive ones. Both are on my "I Don't Get It" list because all they ever inspire me to do is go somewhere else.