2lz2p

90 day address reporting - my recent experience

I went to Pattaya Immigration on the 13th to give them my 90 day address report (form TM47). I had the original and a copy of my latest CAT invoice receipt for ADSL service with me. The lady at the desk took my report, did the usual stamping and detaching of the bottom portion for stapling in my passport. She also was stapling an additional slip of paper to the bottom portion of the form before stapling it into my passport. At this point she had not asked for any documentation. I then asked if she wanted to see any documentation, showing her my original CAT bill and offering the copy. She said yes, took the photocopy after having me sign it and told me to "bring the same thing next time."

So, it appears that currently, they are accepting the 90 day reports without requiring documentation, but will require it the next time and thereafter (the additional slip of paper said as much and noted that a house register, or contract of rent, water bill, electircity bill, or "the bill is other, etc")

Also, this particular report was 90 days from my last re-entry into Thailand on May 15th. There is a thread on one of the other forums indicating some folks were fined (Bangkok Immigration I think) for reporting 90 days after entering instead of 90 days from their reporting date as shown on their last TM47 form stapled in their passport. Sounds to me as if they ran across some new untrained staff as the Thai Immigration Website notes that reentering Thailand starts the count at day 1 - see immigration website Scroll down and read the Notes at the bottom of the page. Also, if you would like to download the TM47 or other Immigration forms, you can do so at Immigraton forms

There is a thread on one of the other forums indicating some folks were fined (Bangkok Immigration I think) for reporting 90 days after entering instead of 90 days from their reporting date as shown on their last TM47 form stapled in their passport.

That particular immigration office, Suan Phlu in Bangkok, has been the subject of complaints several times on various boards. If you have not read the latest incident, the one to which 2lz2p refers, click the following link.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum...ent-t15593.html

That post was written by TrongpaiExpat. I know him personally and I feel completely secure in saying you can believe the incident happened exactly as he said it did.

It seems as if different immigration offices set their own policies. I have no idea whether there is any recourse if an immigration office is dead wrong. What I do know is I would avoid that particular immigration office whenever possible.