axiom2001

CUBA via of FLORIDA!!!!!!!

• Members

Yesterday I booked an authorized tour to Havana [Habana] next February/March and had made plans to fly from San Francisco to Cancun then take the charter Cuban flight to Havana. Well, today when I spoke to an agent at the company which is based in Canada [Vancouver], I was told that I would NOT have to travel via Cancun but could take this charter from Fort Lauderdale, Miami, or Tampa, Florida. Damn, you should have seen the lights rise in my study.

I plan to go to my beginning destination and stay a few days. While there I'd plan to have lots of fun prior to meeting those hot Cubanos. Cancun has little action from what I've read and researched, so I'll do one of the cities in Florida before going 90 additional miles via jet.

Men, I share this as an FYI since folks still think it's illegal to travel to this island country. For Americans we have to travel with an organized tour, but if you do not mind going on your own, via a company out of Canada and flying from Cancun or Mexico City, this can be done, too. Just don't have your passport stamped if you do it this way!

*http:www.out-adventuretravel.com is a gay owned and run company which has trips to Cuba, but you travel there via a Mexican city.

• Members

Still some care must be exercised. Groups from here and there---OK. Individual travel from various, be careful. This is what I glean from the above.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Yesterday I booked an authorized tour to Havana [Habana] next February/March and had made plans to fly from San Francisco to Cancun then take the charter Cuban flight to Havana. Well, today when I spoke to an agent at the company which is based in Canada [Vancouver], I was told that I would NOT have to travel via Cancun but could take this charter from Fort Lauderdale, Miami, or Tampa, Florida. Damn, you should have seen the lights rise in my study.

I plan to go to my beginning destination and stay a few days. While there I'd plan to have lots of fun prior to meeting those hot Cubanos. Cancun has little action from what I've read and researched, so I'll do one of the cities in Florida before going 90 additional miles via jet.

Men, I share this as an FYI since folks still think it's illegal to travel to this island country. For Americans we have to travel with an organized tour, but if you do not mind going on your own, via a company out of Canada and flying from Cancun or Mexico City, this can be done, too. Just don't have your passport stamped if you do it this way!

*http:www.out-adventuretravel.com is a gay owned and run company which has trips to Cuba, but you travel there via a Mexican city.

The site for gay tours to Cuba is: http://www.out-adventures.com.

• Members

Americans can only travel to Cuba on an "authorized people-to-people" tour. That friggin' 50+ year, senseless embargo inhibits our doing this island/country independently! This is foul! The embargo should be lifted immediately! It's truly hurting the Cubans very badly! {I've done my research and have kept abreast of this situation through viable sources!}

• Members

I am willing to suppose that most younger Americans have no opinion about the embargo. However, the Cubans who have escaped Castro and are living in Southern Florida seem to have a very strong, vehement opinion about Castro led Cuba. And, they are a large and formidable voting bloc. Even though the last few US administrations have put out "feelers" about reducing the embargo (and in fact have to some limited extent) there are still rumblings and repercussions from the ex-Cubans whenever this topic is presented.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I am willing to suppose that most younger Americans have no opinion about the embargo. However, the Cubans who have escaped Castro and are living in Southern Florida seem to have a very strong, vehement opinion about Castro led Cuba. And, they are a large and formidable voting bloc. Even though the last few US administrations have put out "feelers" about reducing the embargo (and in fact have to some limited extent) there are still rumblings and repercussions from the ex-Cubans whenever this topic is presented.

Best regards,

RA1

...a very succinct and profound assessment! I support what you presented here!