TotallyOz

Firecat's Most Loved Restaurant in on this List of Best Samba in Rio

Having been to Rio on multiple occasions, I have to say, I love venturing out into the wild unknown. One of my favorite places is the Rio Scenarium. It is such a cool place where you can dance and eat and relax in the midst of antiques and clocks and sofas from years gone by. The place is charming and on one visit, my friend from the USA told me it was his favorite place on earth!

Check out this list of fun places to see when in Rio!

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/14/travel/rio-lapa/index.html?hpt=hp_c6

Guest Paragon

Oz, the headline left me scratching my head. I am inferring that our poster firecat has a list of his favorite Rio restaurants, and this is on it. Dancing among antiques is not so unusual in Palm Springs. You can even eat lunch with them!

• Members

Having been to Rio on multiple occasions, I have to say, I love venturing out into the wild unknown. One of my favorite places is the Rio Scenarium. It is such a cool place where you can dance and eat and relax in the midst of antiques and clocks and sofas from years gone by. The place is charming and on one visit, my friend from the USA told me it was his favorite place on earth!

Check out this list of fun places to see when in Rio!

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/05/14/travel/rio-lapa/index.html?hpt=hp_c6

I love Lapa. ...was introduced to it in 2002 but since that time until 2011 have never encountered these presumably fantastic places. I hope to return to 'The Marvelous City' after the Olympics in 2016. Hope these places are still rockin'-- and I hope the prices for everything associated with them have not escalated too much!

• Members

Oz is just making a funny. My young friend and I called it the no food restaurant but you still pay. You pay an entry fee then you climb 3 flights of stairs. Order the food and an hour later you still have nothing.

If OZ did a guide book on restaurants around the world, you would definitely know which ones not to attend.

On the same trip he took us to one of the most expensive buffets in RIO. A Seafood extravaganza supposedly.

I am a big fan of seafood and I love FISH. Not one fish was available ( I am not kidding) Lots of shellfish but no fish and for the price I could have 4 Sauna Boys.

OZ is a Connoisseur of Boys but beware of any Restaurant recommendations.!!!

Firecat, I am shocked and appalled at your post! I thought for sure this place was your favorite restaurant of all time. You have talked about it for years. I just can't believe you didn't fall in love with it instantly! I am bemuddled, befuddled and bewildered!

Guest lurkerspeaks

If OZ did a guide book on restaurants around the world, you would definitely know which ones not to attend

On the same trip he took us to one of the most expensive buffets in RIO. A Seafood extravaganza supposedly.

I am a big fan of seafood and I love FISH. Not one fish was available ( I am not kidding) Lots of shellfish but no fish and for the price I could have 4 Sauna Boys.

OZ is a Connoisseur of Boys but beware of any Restaurant recommendations.!!

Are you referring to Manaus (or something like that) that is located in Leme? I went there one time. It was good, but definitely not worth the price...

• Members

Firecat, I am shocked and appalled at your post! I thought for sure this place was your favorite restaurant of all time. You have talked about it for years. I just can't believe you didn't fall in love with it instantly! I am bemuddled, befuddled and bewildered!

HaHaHa.

I know you must have recommended 1 good restaurant, I just can't think of it.

• Members

If OZ did a guide book on restaurants around the world, you would definitely know which ones not to attend

OZ is a Connoisseur of Boys but beware of any Restaurant recommendations.!!

Are you referring to Manaus (or something like that) that is located in Leme? I went there one time. It was good, but definitely not worth the price...

Sorry Lurker. I forgot the name immediately after paying the bill.

Marius. ^_^ But, don't talk to Firecat about it. It was horrible as well. LOL

A few thousand disagree with him on that:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/marius-rio-de-janeiro-2

• Members

They should advertise it as a Shell Fish Buffet. Ridiculous to call it seafood. Fish are those things that swim in the water and don't lay in shells on the bottom.

Like I said no fish , none and I can name plenty of restaurants all over the world that survive on reputation but are not very good.

This restaurant serves no fish at a Seafood Buffet and the price is ridiculous and for someone who thinks McD is gourmet food , I am surprised you would ever lighten your wallet by that amount of money.

Must have been a waiter you were chasing!!! HeHe He

I can't believe you are using Yelp . Anyone can place those reviews and Yelp is famous for allowing multiple entries by employees of the restaurants.

• Members

For those not sure what "Crustaceos" are?

Crustaceans (Crustacea) form a very large group of arthropods, usually treated as a subphylum, which includes such familiar animals as crabs, lobsters, crayfish, shrimp, krill and barnacles. The 67,000 described species range in size from Stygotantulus stocki at 0.1 mm (0.004 in), to the Japanese spider crab with a leg span of up to 3.8 m (12.5 ft) and a mass of 20 kg (44 lb). Like other arthropods, crustaceans have an exoskeleton, which they moult to grow. Pretty positive this leaves out salmon, tuna, sea bass and hake.