TotallyOz

Best New Shows for Spring and Summer

There are a lot of fall TV shows that ended their run and of course others now have taken their turn at tying to win support for their network. There are some really interesting shows out there.

Fargo - this is just amazing. I love it. I have not laughed so much in years. Billy Bob Thornton does a remarkable job. I remember him from the first movie I saw of him Slingblade. Like it, in Fargo his performance is spot on. He is a great actor. There are lots of other great characters in this show as well.

Orphan Black - OK, I am late to the game on this as it started last year but I really enjoy it this go around and can't wait to see each episode.

Black Box - which I thought was going to be an airplane movie but it is a very interesting take on bipolar disorder and people with neurological issues. It is also really interesting.

Do you have others I need to see?

• Members

You don't have any TV shows I need to see and I don't have any TV shows you need to see, so, let's just kiss and go our merry, separate ways. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

I'm not a fan of Fargo. I didn't care for the movie and it's just too quirky for me. I do love Orphan Black. And Black Box has already been cancelled so I'm not going to bother.

I'm going to watch "Halt and Catch Fire" on AMC. It's another early 80's period piece that is taking the place of "Mad Men". It starts tonight.

I'm also interested in TNT's "The Last Ship". I also can't wait for FX's "The Strain". Both of these start later in the month or early July.

I will also continue watching "Under The Dome". I'm also interested in the new Halle Barre show called "Extant".

I saw Halt and Catch Fire premiere and thought it was going to be good.

I didn't know Black Box was cancelled. That sucks. I hate to get into a movie that is cancelled. I was just getting into the alien movie Starlovers or something when I heard the cancellation and I just stopped watching. Most shows don't end well as they get surprised when they are cancelled.

I got to watch a couple of episodes of Orphan Black while in Bangkok last month, and really liked it. Now I have to go back and watch season one before I watch the rest of season two. Graceland starts it's second season next week. Can be a bit violent but I really got into it. Even though it's based in Los Angeles, it's filmed here in Miami.

Guest PasadenaCA

I watched the pilot and have also recorded the next episode of "Undateable." It holds some promise, but you have to watch the first 15 minutes or so for the flight response to abate. Pilots aren't that reliable: the pilot episodes of Seinfeld and Cheers weren't great; Frasier was much better. I think this one holds some promise. I'm going to see who wrote it, which might give some clues to its viability.

• Members

I always watch the pilot, especially if he is young and cute. And, you are correct, pilots are not always reliable. OTOH, having an actor who has "played" pilots before might not work. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

Guest EXPAT

Vulture reports that the next season of Big Brother will be broadcast in HD. Big Brotheris such a complicated show to film, switching from SD to HD took three years to complete, a process that had to take breaks when it came time to airing new seasons. Big Brother is the last prime time show on the broadcast networks to still air in SD.

I'm still uncertain why anyone watches this drivel but I guess some do. . .

I am not and remain not a fan of any reality TV.