Guest Paragon

First Annual Boytoy Meeting in Bangkok

Guest Paragon

The logistics of arranging such a meeting would be enormous, but having a group of like-minded fellow boytoyians get together could be enormous fun. We have the guys who know so much abut Thailand who could help you get started or just gain your bearings,

So why not think about it? Perhaps In January of 2015, or an earlier date to take advantage of the drop in tourism. It's a long flight, but not necessarily an expensive destination.

So maybe Oz could put a package together, and give us all a first hand look at this rising democracy.

I've a list of 14 possible guides for you!

http://modelsocietyintl.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/pdn-thailands-man-of-the-year-2013-17-finalists/

Guest PasadenaCA

Oz, how many guys would be enough to make planning worthwhile?

Sounds like a request for a punch line!

My experience is four is the minimum. People go in and out of phase when it comes to enjoying the company of another. Four seems to work.

Guest Paragon

I used Expedia to check fares from Los Angeles to Bangkok, leaving on January 8th and returning on the 19th. The lowest fare is $856, which means if you got a consolidator ticket, it would be even lower. This is a 20 hour trip on Asiana Airlines, which is about as short as trips to Bangkok get.

I figured choosing the 8th would get us past the holiday fares. United is $1019 for the same dates, and no, I did not check the Asiana flight to see if tax was included.

So, if the flight is $1000, or $50 per hour, then you get a hotel for $75, that's $750. Food in Thailand would cost less than the food you buy here, so food is not a factor. If you off five bar boys, expect to pay $350 with the off fee*. About $2000 for the whole trip.

*subject to approval from Ms Guy.

• Members

I love the idea. January is not possible for me as I have other commitments. How about July? That is not high season and the cost is much lower than the rest of the year for hotels and everything else.

...but July is hot, hot, hot in Thailand. As you know the best time to go 'weather-wise" is December thru March. I've been there during both times and definitely am partial to the four months that I posted.

...did something like this in Riio with a group of almost 30 men in 2003. TomCal, Trilingual, and another guy were in charge. It worked. ...wonderful, wonderful event which I shall always remember. ...can't do this because I'm already booked to go to Cuba in February/March 2015.

[This is a wonderful idea if the interests and commitment are there and if it's well-organized by at least two individuals.]

Guest Paragon

My first visit to Bangkok was in July, 1987. It was so hot that I swore I'd never come back in July. I'm strictly a December or January visitor. Plus, it rains a lot in July. talk about humid!

Guest Paragon

Truthfully, I would probably go to Bangkok in July if enough guys were going, but it's awfully late to be planning for this July.

Yeah, with the coup and all, I would plan for this June either. To date, still not CNN or BBC on the TV stations here. I did see some protesters out a few days back but they are not in big groups. It will be interesting to see what happens but you are right, not enough time for this July.

As for the time of the year, unless you want to spend 24/7 at the beach, the time of year does not matter. July is rainy season and the rates are lower and the boys are hungrier. :smile: I detest Dec and Jan in Thailand as the crowds are big and the prices are the highest all year. Yes, still a bargain but it depends on where you stay. The hotel in Hua Hin I stayed in last December was over 250 per night. For that, I could be in many places.

Guest Paragon

I agree, Michael Totally Oz, except that the crowds also come when the weather is best, and I hate humidity.

I could have sworn that post was by Michael! ^_^

• Members

Interesting idea but certainly would take some time to plan. I would think October( mid to late) is a likely time. Coming out of rainy season and not so hot. Easier to book rooms at better rates. Boys are same price all year.

Important considerations would be . Bangkok for culture and Fuck Shows and Massages but more expensive.

Pattaya for a never ending supply of boys at lower rates but certainly the tendency is more to Twink then Beef.

Only 90 minutes between the 2 cities so easy to do both.

There are better places for beaches such as Phuket and Hua Hin but the supply of Bars and Boys is much more limited..

In Pattaya you can get fairly nice rooms for under $50 and in Bangkok under $75 but $100 gets you what you would $300 or more for in Brazil, anywhere in Europe and NYC etc.

In Pattaya boys for short time are in the $30 range and all night for $50. If you get the boy from the Bar add a bar fine of $10-$13.

So many boys on Gayromeo, Jack'd , Grinder you can have a boy in your room 24 hours a day.

Bangkok boys start at $50 short time up to $70. Overnights are harder to get in BKK .. Boys are a little more professional. but figure on $100 for any good looking ones.

Bangkok has a much better selection of massage parlors then Pattaya and some really wonderful Tourist things if you can fit it in between SEX.

Happy to help with planning. I will be there Oct 1-26.

You can read my extensive posts in December with photos on: http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/9365-xmas-in-thailand/

Guest Paragon

No one is suggesting a Boytoy sex tour of Thailand. We would be going to meet our fellow posters in an interesting locale that is loaded with fascinating tourist sites, beaches, great food, and friendly people. Since so many of our posters know Thailand well, this would be the opportunity for a beginner to take advantage of that knowledge. No one denies that a hot nightlife is part of Thailand's appeal, but the Boytoy gathering is centered around meeting new and old friends, and the night life something optional depending on the participant's interest in meeting exotic men over 18 who can show you more of Thailand than any of us can. No doubt some will find that appealing.

• Members

After 40-50 trips, maybe I am somewhat jaded. But the name of this site is Boytoy and certainly its focus is on SEX.

Certainly there are many wonderful things to see in Thailand but I think the first time Gay Visitor will be very interested in the Sex Component. People who have visited can see the balance but I know very few first time Gay Visitors whose main focus was not SEX , just as the same is true in Brazil.

As always it is more fun to do the hunting with new or old friends but I venture to say the hunting for boys will be the most important thing for first time visitors.

Based on previous posts I and others have made on this board about Thailand , there has not been that much interest and a trip like this could increase interest , just like OZ's and Tomcals reports have done for Brazil>

Guest Paragon

There is no need to characterize it as a sex tour. The government doesn't like those. Thailand has so much to offer besides sex. This isn't to say that a first time traveler might be like a kid in a candy store, but he would also find plenty of reasons to go back another time and see more of Thailand's art, architecture, culture, scenery and etc. I know I did, and I have met many straight people who just love coming back to Thailand over and over. And why not? It's a great place.

But, firecat, I made the suggestion in the hopes that great fun could be had with a group from Boytoy, and also the experience that so many Boytoy members such as you have in Thailand. It's an opportunity to take advantage of that experience.

Guest epigonos

I might be interested but two important factors would influence my decision:

1.) I'm one of those people who plan trips W-A-Y in advance. I'm fully booked for this summer, fall and winter. Spring 2015, however, looks good to me.

2.) As it is well known around here twinks do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR ME. One of our Thailand aficianados would have to guarantee me that hard, bodybuilding muscle would be available as both eye candy and bed companions.

Guest Paragon

Well, they are, Epigonos. The Tawan Bar is known for its muscle hunks. Now whether you would find them attractive is another story, as this varies so much with the individual. It has been said that at Tawan you cannot get both muscle and a handsome face, but I can guarantee you that that is not true. I have several times had both. If my scanner worked, I'd show you.