mvan1

Lagoa - Monday night marketing plan

• Members

For several years, it was customary to find Lagoa busy mainly on Wednesday and Friday night. However, I learned this morning that the owner of Lagoa had decided on a plan to increase business on Monday nights.

As part of the plan, the owner reduced the entrance fee for clients from a high of R$65 to R$35. The price depends on the mode of payment. For example, if a credit card is used, a client pays the highest entrance fee. If cash is the mode of payment, the client pays the lower entrance fee.

As Tomcal pointed out in a different thread, 98% of the sauna customers are Brazilians. It is the Brazilians that fill the saunas, not the foreign tourists. Therefore, in theory, the lower entrance fee plan for Monday nights (bringing in more clients) should be a success.

To many Brazilians, the difference in the lower cash fee is a strong incentive to visit the sauna. The R$35 cash entrance fee is valid only on Monday night. This promotion has gone on for a short while and I was told that Monday night at Lagoa is, little-by-little, transforming into a busier night than some other busy nights.

The main key to making Monday night a busy night is for word to get out to the garotos. If the garotos learn that Monday at Lagoa is loaded with clients, garotos will flock there, hopefully in large numbers. If there is not a major increase in garoto attendance, the Monday night R$35 plan will fail. We will see.

I will again go to Lagoa tonight. Not so much for the lower entrance fee but to maybe find Leandro again. He is quite a memorable hunk.

I will update this thread after I experience Lagoa tonight.

A friend of mine who was in Thailand told me he ran into the owner of Lagoa in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he picked up some marketing ideas! :-)

• Members

The discount on Mondays (cash X crédit cards) is around at Lagoa for about a year, since the last time I was there, although I believe at the time there were a couple of other nights as well, but even if is restricted to Mondays, is a smart way to energize an usual dead night. Suggestion to all sauna owners: Give free entrance to boys that manage to get 3 or more customers the last time they were working, the most attractive boys would be around more often and so would customers!

• Members

Meio Mundo as very busy last night but many of the guys were in a "one and done" mode. I think it had to do with the fact that today is a state holiday to the Patron Saint of Rio de Janiero - Sao Sebastiao and in actuality, the center of the city was much emptier than normal, it had the feel of a Saturday and not a normal working day. Many people here are making it into a four-day holiday.

• Members

A friend of mine who was in Thailand told me he ran into the owner of Lagoa in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he picked up some marketing ideas! :-)

I knew that Rodolfo (the current 100% owner) went to Thailand for vacation.

Clients ( and some garotos) who knew Rodolfo had gone to Thailand were left bewildered. This is because it is a known fact that Rodolfo likes only guys with HUGE cocks. Anything short of huge, he rejects. In Thailand, it is my understanding that the guys are generally modestly equipped (penis wise) compared to some Brazilians. Therefore, can it be that Rodolfo went to Thailand for a vacation away from sex?

As evidence of Rodofo's partiality for HUGE ones, there are a few garotos that work at Lagoa who do not have to pay the customary garoto entrance fee, provided that they occasionally have a session with Rodolfo (at a reduced price, of course).

Maybe I am incorrect in my assumption that the guys in Thailand are not comparable in size to Brazilians?

-

• Members

The discount on Mondays (cash X crédit cards) is around at Lagoa for about a year, since the last time I was there, although I believe at the time there were a couple of other nights as well, but even if is restricted to Mondays, is a smart way to energize an usual dead night. Suggestion to all sauna owners: Give free entrance to boys that manage to get 3 or more customers the last time they were working, the most attractive boys would be around more often and so would customers!

I was not aware that the promotion was also offered about a year ago. I only heard of it yesterday morning.

When Edgard (the now deceased former majority owner) was working at the sauna, he initiated various promotions to bring customers to Lagoa. The Monday only - R$35 cash promotion supposedly is the idea of Rodolfo, the successor owner.

• Members

I was not aware that the promotion was also offered about a year ago. I only heard of it yesterday morning.

When Edgard (the now deceased former majority owner) was working at the sauna, he initiated various promotions to bring customers to Lagoa. The Monday only - R$35 cash promotion supposedly is the idea of Rodolfo, the successor owner.

• Members

I'm positive that about a year ago they had signs on the entrance mentioning the R$ 35,00 thing, and was not only on Mondays, however I canno't guarantee it was a year'round promotion, or just during certain slow periods, if you or someonelse is going to Lagoa at this time it would be relevant to double check on this since a lot of people would be tempted on a nearly 50% discount.

Regarding the big cock freebie, in the past when Lagoa was a partnership, the benefit also applied to pretty boys (by the way, I was not aware Edgard had passed). Maybe the new sole owner is more strict (and hungry!).

• Members

I'm positive that about a year ago they had signs on the entrance mentioning the R$ 35,00 thing, and was not only on Mondays, however I canno't guarantee it was a year'round promotion, or just during certain slow periods, if you or someonelse is going to Lagoa at this time it would be relevant to double check on this since a lot of people would be tempted on a nearly 50% discount.

Regarding the big cock freebie, in the past when Lagoa was a partnership, the benefit also applied to pretty boys (by the way, I was not aware Edgard had passed). Maybe the new sole owner is more strict (and hungry!).

I have been visiting Lagoa for many years. I do not doubt that you saw a sign on the entrance (or over the check in area) that announced promotions. I rarely went to Lagoa other than on Wednesday and Friday. Therefore, promotions offered on days that I was not there, escaped me.

Yesterday was the first time I got entrance to Lagoa for R$35.

Another thing, considering that I have visited Lagoa so often, I rarely pay attention to advertisements posted on the walls, although the R$35 promotion is on a wooden plaque hanging at the back wall of the check in area.

• Members

For several years, it was customary to find Lagoa busy mainly on Wednesday and Friday night. However, I learned this morning that the owner of Lagoa had decided on a plan to increase business on Monday nights.

As part of the plan, the owner reduced the entrance fee for clients from a high of R$65 to R$35. The price depends on the mode of payment. For example, if a credit card is used, a client pays the highest entrance fee. If cash is the mode of payment, the client pays the lower entrance fee.

snip snip - - - -

The main key to making Monday night a busy night is for word to get out to the garotos. If the garotos learn that Monday at Lagoa is loaded with clients, garotos will flock there, hopefully in large numbers. If there is not a major increase in garoto attendance, the Monday night R$35 plan will fail. We will see.

I will again go to Lagoa tonight. Not so much for the lower entrance fee but to maybe find Leandro again. He is quite a memorable hunk.

I will update this thread after I experience Lagoa tonight.

In theory, the R$35 promotion is a good idea. Notice, I said "in theory" because last night was a flop. The R$35 did not bring in lots of clients and garotos.

I doubt there were more than 10 garotos and maybe 12 clients during the two hours I endured being at Lagoa last night.

Most of the garotos were garotos that I have seen at Lagoa for several years. A couple had migrated from sauna Fragata.

All but one were either over weight and/or out of shape. I became nearly speechless after one garoto who was at least fifty pounds over weight walked up to me and abruptly asked if I wanted a "brincadeira" him. There had been no prior conversation - he merely waddled over and asked. I politely declined. This guy should reassess his role at Lagoa and consider being a client rather than a garoto.

In fairness to the failure of last night's R$35 promotion, the weather in Sao Paulo has been very hot and uncomfortable. With the

lack of air conditioning at Lagoa, it is understandable why clients and garotos did not leap at the discounted entrance fee and visit Lagoa last night.

In short, I doubt that I will be opting in for any promotions from Lagoa now nor at any time in the future.

Traditionally, and as I have said many times, Wednesday and Friday are the best nights to visit Lagoa. I will be sticking to that schedule for future visits.

Of course, it is possible to have a good time on days other than Wednesday and Friday. We all know that it only takes one (or more) to have a good experience.

-

• Members

No wonder it has been miserable in the Sao Paulo saunas where there is no air conditioning Look at the weather - Yikes

The dates are shown in small numbers -

Actual Temp 94° Lo 71°
Hist. Avg. 80° Lo 60°
Actual Temp 94° Lo 73°
Hist. Avg. 80° Lo 60°
Yesterday 19
Actual Temp 94° Lo 72°
Hist. Avg. 80° Lo 60°
Tonight 20
A t-storm late this evening
Lo 70°
Hist. Avg. 80° Lo 60°

Keep in mind that Lagoa has different prices other nights as well based on whether you pay in cash or use a credit card. The initial bill they show you will have the higher credit card price, so if you are paying in cash, be sure and make sure you get the discounted rate that they are offering. It will be posted on the wall behind the front desk. For example, this past weekend it was 60 realis if you paid using a credit card and 50 realis if you paid in cash.

• Members

Keep in mind that Lagoa has different prices other nights as well based on whether you pay in cash or use a credit card. The initial bill they show you will have the higher credit card price, so if you are paying in cash, be sure and make sure you get the discounted rate that they are offering. It will be posted on the wall behind the front desk. For example, this past weekend it was 60 realis if you paid using a credit card and 50 realis if you paid in cash.

-

You are correct about some other nights having a special price for admission if the customers' bill is paid in cash or debit card versus being charged to a credit card.

I generally go to Lagoa only on Wednesday and Friday nights and did not pay attention to a possible discount on admission during other days of the week.

However, Monday remains the only day when a customer is admitted for R$35 provided the bill is paid with cash or debit card.

The discount applies only to admission, not to incidentals such as rental of a room, food and/or beverages.

Factoring in the discount, solely on the admission price, the discount is rather small when compared to what many overall bills become after a night at Lagoa. Considering the size of some bills, the discount on only the admission price is "much a do about nothing" (almost).

Again, the lowest amount I ever paid to Lagoa was R$35 on Monday when the place was nearly empty.

Incidentally, Lagoa was good again last night in that there were lots of clients and garotos.

Additionally, the awful two-week humidity and heat wave that has plagued Sao Paulo with temperatures about 14 degrees higher than normal (for this time of year) has finally subsided.