paulsf

Back in Bangkok

Guest Captainmick

Thanks for the interesting and informative report. Love the picture of your young friend cuddling his pillow on the Qatar Airways flight. Can you please provide the name of the hotel you stayed in as I will be in Hanoi this Autumn?

Beautiful reports. You seem to be relaxing and enjoying the trip a great deal. I did love the photo of the boy sleeping in business class. He fit right in. I know what a big difference you have made in his life.

Do you have things you have missed on this trip that you plan to get done on your last week or two?

We spent all our time in Hanoi, in the city. Next trip I would like to see the surrounding area a bit. My friend wants to go to Halong Bay for a few days. That will probably happen. Better to do more towards summer. It looks beautiful

In Thailand I still would like to get to Chang Mai. Then maybe Cambodia.

A lot still depends on getting my bad leg fixed and more pain free mobility. It's just frustrating to not be able to walk more than a few blocks.

I've been happy with the time I spent in Bangkok, but the trip to Hanoi got me wanting more again.

I head home next Tuesday after two months here. I need to get back and see what's going on before I set dates for return.

Probably a couple of weeks in Sept and some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.