TampaYankee

The most popular new vehicle in each state?

• Members

Car companies prefer to have a manufacturing presence in any market in which they have large sales. That serves as a natural, automatic hedge against currency fluctuations. In the US, almost all of the important foreign owned plants are located in the South, so...not so strange that many southerners drive foreign brands, after all.

Further, the Japanese in particular decided in the late '70s to invest heavily in US production facilities to counter intense political pressure on Congress to put up barriers to what seemed then like a never ending flood of Japanese imports. A Tennessee senator with thousands of highly paid Toyota employees building cars in his state was judged more likely to resist protectionist legislation.

====

Loved your pair of gifs, MsAnn. :thumbsup:

• Members

I have bought a new car every few years for a very long time. For some reason, perhaps boredom, perhaps seeking "new thrills", I have never repeated make. Once or twice I have tried but "dealer loyalty" seems to have a different definition than "customer loyalty", therefore when they did not want my repeat business I was happy to go elsewhere. Most of the time I went elsewhere without going back even just to check.

This kind of extended into aviation or perhaps was perpetuated by aviation. I found during my early career, I was in a different make and model of aircraft virtually every flight. When people have asked me over the years what is my favorite aircraft, my answer has always been, yes.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Car companies prefer to have a manufacturing presence in any market in which they have large sales. That serves as a natural, automatic hedge against currency fluctuations. In the US, almost all of the important foreign owned plants are located in the South, so...not so strange that many southerners drive foreign brands, after all.

Further, the Japanese in particular decided in the late '70s to invest heavily in US production facilities to counter intense political pressure on Congress to put up barriers to what seemed then like a never ending flood of Japanese imports. A Tennessee senator with thousands of highly paid Toyota employees building cars in his state was judged more likely to resist protectionist legislation.

====

Loved your pair of gifs, MsAnn. :thumbsup:

rnlimo.jpg

Buy American

redneck1.jpg