• Members

BTW- Columbian miltary are on every street corner in Columbia. Absolutely georgous stunning guys in late teens who get paid about $20/month. Unfortunately a miltary truck picks them all up and carts them off to some place that must be like heaven to a gay guy.

Also, in Medellin the squeegy boys on streets washing car windows are usually not half bad.

And in both Bogota and Medellin the hotel guys are very attractive and seem to be willing. My first regret was not hitting on the cute thing that carried my bag to my room in Bogota. I'm sure plenty have.

• Members

long-time lurker here-----I'm currently on vacation in Bogota and Medellin and thought I'd post info. Will be returning to Bogota in 2 days so will do a post on it in a few days.

I read up on both cities here and on the web and some of the info is different than my experience.

First, in Columbia there are not technically sex workers in saunas (although it is legal). They are called masseurs although the only difference is the title.

From worst to best so far:

Barbacous Sauna- There are a few internet pages making you believe this place is hot. NOT. It's tiny and has one masseur who is maybe a 3. It is right on the 57A strip but not worth it (even tho it's the cheapest).

Spartacus Sauna- Small but OK. I didn't see any masseur who was above a 4 or 5.

Club 55 Sauna- Very nice facilites and customers are almost up to Club Tobi. Unfortunately the only masseur was maybe a 5.

Club Tobi- WOW- Movie-star like customers in a very nice building. 3 Masseurs at least always on duty and while one's just a 6 or 7, the other 3 I saw in 2 days were solid 9 or 10's. "Massages" are 40K COP ($18) for a "relax" massage, 60K ($27) for a "Normal" full release erotic massage and 90K ($36) for a "Complete" no-holes-barred anything session. The $27 session usually gets a little less actual sex, more hand-jobs. As in Brazil you pay the door (admission is usually about $8). Tips personally are very rare and get a lot of appreciation.The guys working the snackbar are exceptionally good looking and often are masseurs. Open every day from 2-10pm usually.

There's a lot of bad info on the hustling scene. A couple stories elsewhere say that the block of 57A west of the cathedral is where it is. What's there on the west side is one block of Calle 57A which has a few trannies and it leads into 57 where there are 2 big pool halls and dozens of thugs who love to beat up and rob anyone who remotely looks gay. Both times I went of the west side of the cathedral I got robbed by guys threatening me if I didn't give them some money. There are a lot of drug-addicts especially on the west side- 70lb guys sleeping barefoot on the sidewalks who haven't bathed in a month. Unfortunately when awake their minds are so crazy they harrass the hell out of everyone. Medellin in those parts is a lot like bad parts of Tiajuana.

The east side of the cathedral is wonderful, hustler heaven. The block of 57A where it meets Oriental, the main street, is full of gay bars, hustlers, lesbians, gays, and a $15 sex hotel.Most nights 2-3 dozen hustlers at a time.The bars mostly have roll-up door fronts and the people spread into the sidewalks and street. I met the bartender at Andres Carbon and used the sex hotel to get into the routine. There are several guys who certainly rank up with the best, 7 or 8's, but also a lot of 4's. Sex in a sex hotel isn't very pleasing or fulfilling but I was hesitant to bring guys to my hotel. The rates are between 50COP ($19) and 100 COP ($39).

The gay sex area is Chandeleria and it's hard to find a decent hotel there. I stayed at the Gran Hotel which is on 54th and Oriental, a couple short blocks from everything. It overlooks the gay hustling area in the rear and Club 55 sauna is directly behind the hotel. It's about $40/nt and is a 14-story older hotel which is kept up nicely. I didn't try to bring anyone in. The other hotels in the center are awful.

Most of the "nice" hotels are in Estadio or Poblanbo, which are over 3 miles out and yellow street cabs are not super safe in Columbia for tourists. English is non-existent.

I didn't have much luck with PlanetRomeo or with Manhunt in Medellin, but Grindr lights up like a Christmas tree with "Prepaygos" sex workers. If I thought half of them looked anything like the photos.....wow. Just wow. Set your location to Medellin and see what these guys look like !

Bogota is a much more modern city but my first 3 days were spare pickings. I go back for 2 more and will report.

What a caring and splendid report.

I have always wanted to visit Medellin. However, I heard so many bad things about the place. Instead, I chose to continue visiting Brazil, Argentina and other South America countries, rather than Medellin or any other city in Colombia.

Prior to my visiting Brazil, I had heard bad things about the supposed dangers in Brazil that ended up not being true.

Brazil, could be dangerous if I were not cautious. In my many trips to Brazil, I have never experienced anything bad except a minor incident of someone picking my pocket and stealing my cell phone from my pocket while I was on the Metro. That is so minor that I consider it less than nothing.

Based on your report, it seems that a prudent person could have a good time in Medellin provided normal caution were practiced.

Thank you very much for your report and for the information.

I look forward to your next report.

• Members

The reason I went is because Avianca had a $400 r/t special from the east coast. It's just a 5-hour non-stop from DC to Bogota and Avianca is a wonderful airline with the best economy class I've ever seen. American flies non-stop to Medellin from Miami and it's a 3-hour flight. Be warned that the Medellin airport is some 25 miles from town over mountains and a taxi is 70K COP ($28). Save some air-sickness meds for the twisting 2-lane road trip with an insane driver. However there is an airport bus I'll use going back that's much cheaper and hopefully slower.

In comparison SP and Rio are 13 hour non-stops from DC, more expensive, and require visas. ( I love both tho !).

Flights between Bogota and Medellin are usually about $175 r/t every hour and take an hour. Avianca is vastly preferred over LAN. Forget the bus. Bogota is 2 miles high and Medellin is 1 mile high and the mountain roads between them are so twisting that it takes the bus 18 hours to go the 120 miles.

Bogota is a little cooler than Medellin and may require a light jacket at night but Medellin is warm all day and night. Both cities get several rain showers every day. Bogota is a great sight-seeing spot with the incredible Inca Gold Museum that displays some $5 billion of ancient Inca gold artwork from 3000 years ago. The world's greatest living artist, Fernando Botero, is from Medellin but Bogota has the huge Botero Museum, next to the Gold Museum.

Medellin is the center of the coffee trade (although it's hard to get a decent cup of coffee here that doesn't taste like instant). It's also the center of the flower industry where most of the cut flowers we buy in the US come from. Bogota has 8 million people in the city, same as New York, and is a regional financial center with a large middle-class and many 50-story skyscrapers. The gay neighborhood of Bogota is called Chaperniro and extends from about Calle 50 to Calle 75. One of the largest gay nightclubs in the world is Theatron on 58th and the NYT calls Bogota a new gay mecca. read...thousands of middle class gay clones. Coke and pot are both legal and super cheap. Most of the world's cocaine starts out 100% pure in Columbia for less that we pay for pot.

The reason I went is because Avianca had a $400 r/t special from the east coast. It's just a 5-hour non-stop from DC to Bogota and Avianca is a wonderful airline with the best economy class I've ever seen. American flies non-stop to Medellin from Miami and it's a 3-hour flight. Be warned that the Medellin airport is some 25 miles from town over mountains and a taxi is 70K COP ($28). Save some air-sickness meds for the twisting 2-lane road trip with an insane driver. However there is an airport bus I'll use going back that's much cheaper and hopefully slower.

Flights between Bogota and Medellin are usually about $175 r/t every hour and take an hour. Avianca is vastly preferred over LAN. Forget the bus. Bogota is 2 miles high and Medellin is 1 mile high and the mountain roads between them are so twisting that it takes the bus 18 hours to go the 120 miles.

Bogota is a little cooler than Medellin and may require a light jacket at night but Medellin is warm all day and night. Both cities get several rain showers every day. Bogota is a great sight-seeing spot with the incredible Inca Gold Museum that displays some $5 billion of ancient Inca gold artwork from 3000 years ago. The world's greatest living artist, Fernando Botero, is from Medellin but Bogota has the huge Botero Museum, next to the Gold Museum.

Medellin is the center of the coffee trade (although it's hard to get a decent cup of coffee here that doesn't taste like instant). It's also the center of the flower industry where most of the cut flowers we buy in the US come from. Bogota has 8 million people in the city, same as New York, and is a regional financial center with a large middle-class and several 50-story skyscrapers. The gay neighborhood of Bogota is called Chaperniro and extends from about Calle 50 to Calle 75. One of the largest gay nightclubs in the world is Theatron on 58th and the NYT calls Bogota a new gay mecca. read...thousands of middle class gay clones. Coke and pot are both legal and super cheap. Most of the world's coke starts out 100% pure in Columbia for less that we pay for pot.

• Members

Medellin is the center of the coffee trade (although it's hard to get a decent cup of coffee here that doesn't taste like instant). It's also the center of the flower industry where most of the cut flowers we buy in the US come from. Bogota has 8 million people in the city, same as New York, and is a regional financial center with a large middle-class and several 50-story skyscrapers. The gay neighborhood of Bogota is called Chaperniro and extends from about Calle 50 to Calle 75. One of the largest gay nightclubs in the world is Theatron on 58th and the NYT calls Bogota a new gay mecca. read...thousands of middle class gay clones. Coke and pot are both legal and super cheap. Most of the world's coke starts out 100% pure in Columbia for less that we pay for pot.

Prior to your going to Medellin, how did you do your research?

Did you have a friend guide you along the way? Are you adventurous?

I have never seen a guide book or a web site on Medellin that discusses the gay scenes except a mere mention of its existence.

Then, again, if one were to look for a web site for details on Brazilian saunas, none exist. True, the well known Brazilian saunas have web sites but nowhere on the web site does it advertise garotos (hustlers). You either have to go there in person or read a site similar to this site to know or learn about the garotos.

Did you travel alone?

Is your current trip the first time you were in Colombia?

Do you feel at all threatened other than the caution you expressed in your first post?

I suspect that many forum members here find your information exceedingly interesting.

Like I wrote, thank you very much and I look forward to seeing additional posts from you.

-

Guest tomcal

Thank You! you give us a really good idea of what the hustler/rentboy situation is there! For a first time poster, great job!!

• Members

This was my first time in Columbia and I did my research just googleing. I didn't have a guide although I'm sure one would have been better. When you google certain terms the usual sites don't offer much except lists of places- some out-dated. The Gay Guia Columbia, which is very good on Bogota, is almost empty on Medellin. A site called Gay Gringo has the review of Barbcolus Sauna and Club Tobi that implies BS is great while Tobi is just for posseurs with no "masseurs"----wrong. A site called Columbia Express has a story on the best (and worst) of gay Medellin which is otherwise a great story but is the one that said Calle 57A west of the cathedral is where the prepagos are---that's why I went there and got robbed twice. In fact 57A east of the catherdal, where the prepaygo bars are, is the intersection of Medellin's main street Oriental so it's completely safe. Funny how one little mistake like that can make such a difference in safety.

Researching, most of the many saunas have websites and list their rates, including for massage. One in Bogota, which I'll go to, actually has photos of it's masseurs.

The universal slang for garotos in Columbia is "Prepaygos", which is technically the term for prepaid telephone service. A variation on rentboy. Thankfully Grindr at least isn't hip to that slang yet.

• Members

Do you feel at all threatened other than the caution you expressed in your first post?

I suspect that many forum members here find your information exceedingly interesting.

Like I wrote, thank you very much and I look forward to seeing additional posts from you.

I, too, want to thank you for your most helpful report. After seeing the fabulous guys on "Flirt for Free" who have always stated that they were from Colombia when I asked them from where do they hail, this has been one place which has always piqued my interest. Also, another poster has written some good reports after he'd visited, too, but he speaks Spanish. Do you speak any Espanol and are perhaps fluent. I know you mentioned about the taxi drivers.

I await your pending addition once you travel and enjoy Bogota. Again, thanks man!

• Members

The guys on F4F, CB, C4 etc are all from Medellin and Cali. The hottest are from Cali. (believe me I asked!) None from Bogota.

I don't speak any Spanish. I leave to go back to Bogota for 2 more days in the morning and if anyone has any suggestions there I'd appreciate them. My first couple days there were fruitless.

Evidently Delta is starting daily non-stop service to Medellin and Cartagenia from Atlanta. They already have flights to Bogota. An open-jaw would be good to see both Medellin & Bogota or Cartagenia as one-ways between them are only @ $85.

"Most of the "nice" hotels are in Estadio or Poblanbo, which are over 3 miles out and yellow street cabs are not super safe in Columbia for tourists. English is non-existant."

First, thanks for all of the great information. On the comment on the cabs, is it just that they potentially will overcharge you or other issues?

• Members

and Medellin is no more dangerous than other places on the wrong side of town. If I had known to stay on the right side of the cathedral it wouldn't have happened. And all that happened both times is drunk thugs grabbed me and threatened me and I had to give them a couple dollars to leave me alone. I was scared they were going to assault me and steal my money. It could have been much worse in other cities.

I always carry a roll of 5-8 50 COP bills with 10's rolled around them in my pocket, 4 or 5 extra 50's hidden under the insole of my shoes, a photocopy of my passport, and never carry my wallet or cellphone. (On the way back from Club Tobi I'm carrying a lot less money).

• Members

Left Medellin this morning via a yellow cab the hotel called for me with a driver they know well. He charged less than the white cab I had taken in. In Bogota I was approached by a white cab wanting $20 for the short trip but instead got in the line for yellow cabs and had a fine ride for $10. Then later in Bogota I flagged another yellow cab and had a fine ride for less than half what white cabs cost.

I now realize it's the white cabs that are less professional and the airports and hotels make money off them and try to scare tourists from using yellow cabs.

Bogota is still not panning out but I'll post tomorrow. Babylon Sauna's website has photo galleries of their 3 masseurs......they open at 3pm.

I love Medellín and Tobi, and especially Adrián. Great body, sweetest guy! But last time I met this really handsome young customer, who happened to like older men ... Something very common in Colombia. I have always rented or stayed in hotels near the estadio or at the fancy El Poblado, going to the (ugly) Centro to visit Tobi ... Or FERCHO Masajes, a kind of male whorehouse (boys are really nice) near Oriental Ave. I had never any troubles with regular cabs, but I certainly avoid the Centro by night... Have a nice stay in Colombia!!

• Members

chaterbate. u search for kedman_10. he's on now. several of the guys are on from Medellin in sex shows. amazing guys.

Thanks for the information.

I just Googled chaterbate and went to a link that resulted from the search - they want $350.00 U.S. to buy tokens - can that be correct?

Is it worth that kind of money? How long will $350 last when submitting tokens?

I never heard of the company or service.

• Members

Thanks for the information.

I just Googled chaterbate and went to a link that resulted from the search - they want $350.00 U.S. to buy tokens - can that be correct?

Is it worth that kind of money? How long will $350 last when submitting tokens?

I never heard of the company or service.

That would only be for cash. I use a virtual credit card number from Citi with them and using a cc you only have to buy like $20 of tokens. But you can watch the shows for free anyway without buying any tokens. There's quite a few Medellin and Cali guys on there who are incredibly hot and do sex shows as duos and triples. The same rooms are usually also on Flirt4Free and Cam4 and other sites. There's another great one on now from Medellin- Dastan_Yesevi.

• Members

That would only be for cash. I use a virtual credit card number from Citi with them and using a cc you only have to buy like $20 of tokens. But you can watch the shows for free anyway without buying any tokens. There's quite a few Medellin and Cali guys on there who are incredibly hot and do sex shows as duos and triples. The same rooms are usually also on Flirt4Free and Cam4 and other sites. There's another great one on now from Medellin- Dastan_Yesevi.

I could not find the area on the web page to actually access or view any of the shows. All I see is a listing of some of the models. All of the areas on the site are shaded out where normally one would click to navigate a site. In short, I merely view the site's home page without the ability to visit any other pages of the site.

Do you recall the web address to access the site? Maybe the address I got from Google is incorrect.

With respect to virtual credit card numbers or disposable card numbers, are you not concerned using these numbers in Colombia?

With the warnings associated with these confidential "throw away" numbers is that you use an IP address that is trusted. Do you trust the internet in Colombia? You wrote that you use a throw away (virtual) from Citi. Doesn't Citi require you to sign on to their site when you use the virtual card to buy the tokens?

Below is a little information and caution concerning these type cards:

"The process of obtaining virtual numbers varies with the card issuer.

Every issuer has its own system for handing out disposable numbers. Some may give you a couple of options.

Some tie disposable numbers to their online banking services and may require that you register for online banking to be able to use disposable numbers. Others may have you log into their site when you need a virtual number. Still others may give you the option of downloading a program that will pop up when you're checking out online and ask if you want a virtual number.

Whatever version you use, be certain that you're dealing with the site you intend, and not a phishing site. Use your own bookmark or type in the address yourself (and double-check your spelling).

What you don't want to do: Click on a link that you receive in an email. Since the whole point of virtual numbers is keeping your credit card numbers out of the hands of bad guys, you need to be extra careful that the site you're visiting to get those numbers is legit."

Guest callipygian
How long will $350 last when submitting tokens?

That all depends upon your level of infatuation and personal will power. ;)