JackR

Amsterdam

Hi All
I might be heading to Amsterdam next month for business and I was wondering if anyone had any info about the scene here? I couldn't find much. From what I heard, this place was great in the eighties / nineties - I never got to experience this - but now everyone is saying that all the old bars have been closed, and that the place is finished. I believe boysclub21 is still open, but the few reviews for this place have been poor. Does anyone know if there is anywhere young hustlers still operate? - eastern european / romanian / turks? Or is it only online? Any info would be appreciated. Even if you would prefer to pm.

Thanks

• Members

Sadly, my last foray into Amsterdam's nightlife was back in the days of the now defunct Blue Boy/Why Not? clubs.

224899-Why_Not_BarBlue_Boy_Club_Amsterda

If you don't get any better tips, here's a list of bars in the gay area. I'd suggest popping in for a pop and asking one of the locals. I've always found the Dutch to be friendly, multilingual, and helpful.

Best of luck!

• Members

Hi hi, the rentboy's im the Netherlands all went to the internet.

The biggest website is www.boys4u.nl. You can change the language to English and most adds are in English also!

Have a good time in the Kingdom of the Netherlands :smile:

This website doesn't work; I placed http://www.boys4u.nias well as com after .ni, and it still did not work!

Guest duiven74

You are better to search on gayromeo.com for Amsterdam as you don't need pay member subscription for contact details. The boys club 21 is a good place of late but expensive

Guest liljohnny

I'm really starting to plan my trip now. Berlin, Mardid, Amsterdam... Europe looks like paradise with these guys!

Guest methai123
On 4/23/2015 at 3:58 AM, lookin said:

Sadly, my last foray into Amsterdam's nightlife was back in the days of the now defunct Blue Boy/Why Not? clubs.

224899-Why_Not_BarBlue_Boy_Club_Amsterda

If you don't get any better tips, here's a list of bars in the gay area. I'd suggest popping in for a pop and asking one of the locals. I've always found the Dutch to be friendly, multilingual, and helpful.

Best of luck!

Great picture I know at least 2 people in it and I think one of the others may actually be me. Hard to tell but the boy at the bar looking away is probably me. What year was this photo taken if you don't mind? The bartender and the Dutch guy drinking at the bad I know very well and although I can't see very well the other guy in black appears to be a coworker of mine back then from Germany. 

Guest methai123
On 4/28/2015 at 1:07 AM, JackR said:

Boys Club 21 is getting better? I heard it wasn't great and that they don't do shows any more, unless specifically requested. Might be worth a visit

It couldn't have gotten worse. Back in the  day that is where you went if you couldn't make the cut at the Why Not. I went there once or twice when I worked at the Why Not but there were pretty ugly guys and they were aggressive. Not really relevant now but just dredged up some memories of old times. Here is the site for boys 21 and the selection of boys seems just as bad as it ever was.

http://www.boysclub21.nl/index_eng.html

I did visit here last year. I wouldn't recommend. The owner/manager was very nice. But there were no guys there. Then when we left we were charged over EUR 45 for four drinks. I really wish I had been around to see this place in the nineties!

• Members
On August 24, 2016 at 6:44 PM, methai123 said:

Great picture I know at least 2 people in it and I think one of the others may actually be me. Hard to tell but the boy at the bar looking away is probably me. What year was this photo taken if you don't mind?

Sorry for the tardy response, and I can’t say for sure when that picture was taken, but it’s included in a review of the place written in 2002.  I was there a couple of years before that and it looked just the same.  If I recall, I made the professional acquaintance of a cutie from Southern Europe in an adjacent room.  If that was you, wowsa!, and thanks for a lovely time!

Speaking of cuties and old recollections, my first foray into that erstwhile establishment was the downstairs Why Not bar in the late sixties.  In those days, everybody I ran into was giving it away for free though I do recall a young German boy sitting at the bar who would have looked right at home in one of Baldur von Shirach’s weekend encampments.  There were a number of Dutch daddies clustered around him and only a fleeting exchange of gazes suggested that he might be mine for the asking.  siffle.gif  I believe the word ’twink’ was invented specifically for him later on that summer.

In those days, the only thing more appealing to me than German twinks was German electronics and, as luck would have it, the next day I met a Dutch guy with a scooter who offered to take me to the European Electronics Expo in neighboring Amstelveen.  He cooked too, and the next few days were a busy blur.

Speaking of Amstelveen, I had occasion to go there by streetcar some thirty years later, again in search of some oddball electronics, and was fascinated by a guy sitting in the front of the car, rat-haired, wild-eyed and muttering to himself in Dutch.  It was only when I got off at my stop that I realized he was the conductor.  rolleyes.gif

Thanks for indulging the trip down memory lane, and sorry I couldn’t be of more contemporary assistance.  Pretty sure, though, that you’ll have to work at it not to enjoy yourself in Amsterdam.  thumbsup.png