mvan1

More signs that there will be an increased number of garotos in the saunas

• Members

Even worse here is the inflation in prices. I was in a sports store in Copacabana on Friday. After I had just finished making my selection on a swim cap for the gym's pool, they came along and slapped new price tags on their stock and raised the prices by 25%

• Members

Street vendors are now charging 2,5 to 3 Reais for a 350ml or 500ml bottle of water and 4 Reais for soft drinks. Nearly double what the prices were a couple of years back. It used to be you could get a salgado. filled,fried pastie and a drink for 3.50 or 4Reais, now prices are at 7.50 to 8.50 Reais.

LOL moment. McDonald's has a triple bacon cheese burger for 6.50Reais. It seems like a great deal but each patty is about as thin and maybe a touch larger than a White Castle slider.

Electric, water and cable have all gone up here. By about 30% or more.

Prices in restaurants have gone up as well.

Most clothes are still about the same.

And salaries really have not followed because they only go up by the government's official inflation calculation.

So even if someone is working and making the minimum of about 800Reais gross(not take home) per month, the cost of surviving has escalated.

Few places to hunt out more money quicker than at a rent sauna these days. That or criminal activities.

• Members

In yesterday's news, the interest rate on credit card purchases have gone up to 296%, with compounded interest 1000.00reais porrowed on a credit card in one year will cost the borrower over 3450,00reais. Like Ed Norton said,"..and that's a lot of semoleans."

After 13 straight years of increasing sales for the week before Mother's Day, this year sales fell.

Passenger airport taxes/fees have been raised by ANAC by 9.83%

Crimes committed by minors who have been aprehended here in Rio have increased by 300% over last year.

At the State University of Rio de Janeiro(UERJ) next to the Maracana, the third-party, outsourced cleaning staff have not been in 5 months and have stopped working.

At the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro(UFRJ) at the Urca location, the teachers have called off classes for AT LEAST a week as the campus security details and cleaning staff have stopped working due to no salaries paid.

Garotos de programa might not have not gone up in prices much but tourists should be extremely aware of the possibilities of theft, assaults, etc.

• Members

But I think more and more younger guys will be looking for whatever extra they can make as salaries are definitely not keeping up with the inflation here. Even one programa at 56, 60 0r even 80 Reais less entry and transportation is better than nothing after a lower-paying job that occupies 9 to 12 hours of the day and might net 50 Reais/day?

• Members

But I think more and more younger guys will be looking for whatever extra they can make as salaries are definitely not keeping up with the inflation here. Even one programa at 56, 60 0r even 80 Reais less entry and transportation is better than nothing after a lower-paying job that occupies 9 to 12 hours of the day and might net 50 Reais/day?

This is true.

I personally know several garotos who make only 50 to 75 reais per day after 8 - 10 hours of hard labor.

If the labor involves outdoor construction or other outdoor work, the garotos get no work for that day, if it rains.

And, the garotos do not get paid for the day.

Going back to the idiom, "half a loaf is better than none" applies to garotos and the saunas.

• Members

Idle hands are the devil's workshop. I hate that. However, it does seem to be pretty much a world wide problem obviously to include the US. :(

Best regards,

RA1

Idle hands are the devil's workshop. I hate that. However, it does seem to be pretty much a world wide problem obviously to include the US. :(

Best regards,

RA1

This obviously makes no sense....What the hell? What point are you trying to make here?

Basically those who travel to Brazil for boys continue to be an advantage, even more now that there are more boys who are in need of extra money for necessities and jobs are hard to come by.....

Economics 101...And old but true saying....Boys will sell dick or ass when they have nothing else to sell....Let's enjoy it while it lasts....

• Pussy gon' sell when cotton and corn won't.

• Members

Best regards,

RA1

This obviously makes no sense....What the hell? What point are you trying to make here?

I think that his comment makes sense.

He indirectly commented on earlier posts (made by me and by others) wherein it was discussed that there isn't enough work for the garotos to keep them employed in ordinary jobs, hence the sauna work.

The idiom he quoted also means garotos (or all persons) need to keep busy so that they will not be "idle" and possibly get into trouble.

His point totally coincides with this thread