JAYBLK

Sauna Adán Madrid : A Coke but Zero Smiles

• Members

I'm tempted to use the phrase "fraco" to describe the complete bust that was Tuesday evening at Sauna Adan. But, applying a Brazilian phrase to this joke feels perverse, and not in the good way. What I expected to be a rentboy sauna was, today, the Bucharest Social Club for elderly and listless Romanian rent boys. I walked in with a pocket full of money and a dick full of hunger. I walked out an hour later, having spent 3 on a diet coke and having spoken to 4 of 8 guys lulling about the place. 3 were actually asleep.

Perhaps it was the day of the week or perhaps there is a larger market for big- bellied Eastern European daddies than I had imagined. At any rate, based upon my experience, I would have to suggest that anyone who finds himself in Madrid in search of a sauna experience should take an 100 flight or 75 train to Barcelona!

• Members

I'm tempted to use the phrase "fraco" to describe the complete bust that was Tuesday evening at Sauna Adan. But, applying a Brazilian phrase to this joke feels perverse, and not in the good way. What I expected to be a rentboy sauna was, today, the Bucharest Social Club for elderly and listless Romanian rent boys. I walked in with a pocket full of money and a dick full of hunger. I walked out an hour later, having spent 3 on a diet coke and having spoken to 4 of 8 guys lulling about the place. 3 were actually asleep.

Perhaps it was the day of the week or perhaps there is a larger market for big- bellied Eastern European daddies than I had imagined. At any rate, based upon my experience, I would have to suggest that anyone who finds himself in Madrid in search of a sauna experience should take an 100 flight or 75 train to Barcelona!

I have never liked sauna Adan beginning with my first visit several years ago.

I first went there with friends. The employee at the check in counter was incredibly rude and argumentative. After we entered, we were assigned lockers and all. When we went to change into sauna attire, the bizarre employee came out of his office space and began to shout at us to hurry and change and go into the bar area.

After we explained to the nut that there were several other clients near our assigned lockers who were changing, he still continued to argue with us about hurrying. We thought is best to continue to wait and allow the other clients to finish changing rather than force our way in between them to change. Our decision to continue waiting angered the employee more. He came back out of his office space each minute to resume the shouting about our hurrying to change to sauna attire.

While we were waiting (maybe five minutes), we noticed this same bizarre employee going up to various sauna guys and to other clients demanding that they either move to a different area of the sauna, buy a drink or be expelled from the sauna.

We stayed at the sauna for a while but were not at all comfortable in a place where the in-charge employee behaved so badly to clients and to sauna guys.

At one point, one of the clients in the sauna came up to us and told us to ignore that "loco" employee. However, it is difficult to ignore someone who repeatedly approaches you and is yelling nonsense at you.

On later trips to Madrid, I returned several times to sauna Adan. I was hoping that the atmosphere in the sauna would be different. Although the loco employee was no longer there, each later time I visited sauna Adan, I never felt comfortable nor did my friends feel comfortable. Maybe I am spoiled by the sauna Thermas in Barcelona or the many saunas in Brazil compared to the piece of garbage called sauna Adan.

In short, sauna Adan is the only rent boy sauna in Madrid and you have to "take it or leave it" which is what many people do (leave it).

What a contrast this place is to the wonderful sauna Thermas in Barcelona.

In Madrid, there is an alternative to sauna Adan. The alternative is the hustler bar Black and White that some people report as a problem. I have been there many times and I have never had a problem there.

The only negative thing about Black and White is that is does not get busy until midnight or later.

In summary:

Sauna Adan in Madrid = awful Sauna Thermas in Barcelona = wonderful

• Members

Black and White was a bust too. Didn't even bother the drink my second prepaid drink. At least the Romanians there were younger than at Adan. Still, no dice.

Too bad the place was not busy and exciting.

Just like in the Brazilian saunas, at Black and White, there are good days and there are bad days.

-

• Members

If the Romanians have taken over Madrid too that means they've probably taken over most of Europe. Certainly all you see in Berlin and half of what's in Budapest. Out of thousands I've never seen an attractive one and been pickpocketed by them too often. I suspect it's all gypsies (Roma) as on Chaterbate there are some attractive , even blond, Romanians.

I'm headed to Helsinki, Hamburg, Riga, Tallin and St Petersburg in the next few weeks. Hopefully they haven't taken over all those towns too.

• Members

I was at Aden in March. There times.most of the same cast each time. About half Brasilian and half Romanian. I had two sessions witj a very fun Morocca named Mustafa. I stayed clear of the Romanians. Years ago in Amsterdam with them incading the bars was exeperience enough.There was an aging Turk. Enormously hung.