ihpguy

Buenos Aires Weekend

• Members

I felt totally safe. A city that is a mixture of Madrid and Paris. Much more developed, more educated, certainly more formal.

If I had been to Buenos Aires before Rio de Janeiro, I'd probably be living there right now instead of Rio de Janeiro. I'd spend the 4 coldest months back in the States or somewhere else warmer. I also found the city much more survivable than the crowded and hectic São Paulo.

I had Thiago with me so I had no interest aim exploring the rent scene. But if I ever other's reports, there are some.houses with boys as well as a large on-line presence of working guys. At Flux and Kilometro Zero, the doormen and the clients we spoke to in either Portuguese or Spanish. Taxis were cheap and with our limited time I didn't want to bother with public transit.

Biggest word of advice is before leaving on the plane, fill out and pay for your ten year visa on-line. And either bring lots of Euros or Dollars with you to get the street exchange rate. Or pay asuch as you can before arriving at the better exchange rate and have a way to receive.foreignone while in country.

Unless one wants a beach vacation in Brasil(and I for one love the beach culture on Farme de Amoedo) or loves the rent saunas as opposed to call boys, Buenos Aires was great.