paulsf

Two Nights in Pattaya. Where to go?

I'm making my second trip to Bangkok and first trip to Pattaya next week. I am only going to have two nights in Pattaya and figure that doesnt leave a lot of time to see much. I was wondering what would be the top couple of places to go in the evening with the intent of finding some company, to bring back to the hotel. (marriott)

thanks

I was wondering what would be the top couple of places to go in the evening with the intent of finding some company

That's a question almost impossible to answer. Everybody has his own ideas of what constitutes the "top places." Nobody can read your mind to know what types of boys you like or which bars would be best for you even if we knew.

My advice, since you're closest to Pattayaland if you're staying at the Marriott, is to check out some of those bars. You're sure to find a boy you like in one of them. The bars do allow you to step in, quickly have a look at the boys, and then leave if you don't spot boys you like. That will save you time if you're in a hurry.

Guest MonkeySee

Gaybutton has a good idea. Stick your head in several of the places in Boyztown and Sunee Plaza. Funny Boys usually has a nice selection of guys and is a comfortable place to have a drink. Maybe take in the show at Wild West Boys. Crazy Dragon in Sunee Plaza is another nice bar, as well as Jimmy, Jimmy, James. I like to have a drink at one of the outside beer bars in Sunee and watch the world go by.

Thanks for the imput guys. My taste run towards twink.

It's sure great to read about the busy beaches as the sun returns in another post. While we dont have all that bad weather here in San Francisco, it was 45 degress this morning. Really looking forward to that beach chair and cocktail :)

Guest MonkeySee
My taste run towards twink.

Yes, I think Sunee Plaza is the place for you. Try Jimmy, Jimmy, James, Sundance, Look, Minou Bar, and K-Boys (might be called good boys, not sure).

Yes, I think Sunee Plaza is the place for you. Try Jimmy, Jimmy, James, Sundance, Look, Minou Bar, and K-Boys (might be called good boys, not sure).

You might also give Euro Boys a try. BTW, K-Boys is now named Nice Boys

All the above bars are go-go bars. Try a few of the host bars.

Come In, Corner, LaCage, Ouds just a name a few.. All are in Sunee

Here is a link to some excellant maps of the Sunee Plaza, Boyztown, Soi Day/Night and Jomtiem..

http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm

john

Guest MonkeySee
You might also give Euro Boys a try. BTW, K-Boys is now named Nice Boys

Yes TOQ, Nice Boys is the old K-Boys. I need a score card to keep track of all the name changes. I have not been to EuroBoys in a while, but I understand it has a nice atmosphere.

Thanks for all the info, the map is a great help. I wish I had more time to spend relaxing and enjoying your little piece of paradise, but I have a little business in Bangkok at the beginning and end of the week. But figured at least a couple of days is better than nothing.

Guest MonkeySee
Thanks for all the info, the map is a great help. I wish I had more time to spend relaxing and enjoying your little piece of paradise, but I have a little business in Bangkok at the beginning and end of the week. But figured at least a couple of days is better than nothing.

Come on back when you can stay longer. The place grows on you. There are many nices guys to show you around, if you need help.

Guest jtrack33

Can anyone advise me about the karaoke/boy bar on the corner of the flyover and the start of the road widening construction area on the road from Pattaya to Jomtien. There rae some pictures of boys on the wall and after 9pm, many boys sitting outside in black pants and white shirts(my favorite uniform). I parked the car and walked back to have a look and some of the boys looked semi welcoming but only one wailer was inside the bar trying to sing...more like an Academy Fantasia audition. Are these boys offable or just sitting there as bait. I would welcome hearing of any experiences from others.

Can anyone advise me about the karaoke/boy bar on the corner of the flyover and the start of the road widening construction area on the road from Pattaya to Jomtien. There rae some pictures of boys on the wall and after 9pm, many boys sitting outside in black pants and white shirts(my favorite uniform). I parked the car and walked back to have a look and some of the boys looked semi welcoming but only one wailer was inside the bar trying to sing...more like an Academy Fantasia audition. Are these boys offable or just sitting there as bait. I would welcome hearing of any experiences from others.

It is not a gay Karaoke bar. It is for ladies. The boys are offable but it is totally up to them if they will go with man or not. Some will but many will not.

Guest GaySacGuy
Thanks for the imput guys. My taste run towards twink.

If you taste is twinks, then Sunee plaza would be the place to look...and the bars in the earlier post give you some places to look...and the names may change again before you arrive.

If you like twinks and are in Bangkok, I would reccommend "Classic Boys". Have found some really nice twinks there.

To follow up on my 2 days in Pattaya. WOW It got off to a great start, when I checked into the Marriott and they upgraded me to a Suite. As has been mentioned, tourism seems to be down and the Marriott was quiet, so I guess I lucked out with the upgrade.

The maps were a great help. I didnt realize how close I was to everything. As soon as I started walking around I was right in the middle of boystown. I explored as much as I could in the afternoon and then headed to find fun in the evening. As others have said here, I think Pattaya has to grow on you. It was a little more hectic and conjested than I thought it would be, but as I found my way around was more comfortable.

I always seem to have the problem when I travel of finding the most fun on the last night. Well this time it went in my favor. I ventured over to Boys Boys Boys. Was sitting outside having a drink and watching the world go by. Some of the boys were going in and out so they could do their cigarette smoking. Well I wasn't there 10 minutes, and this one boy walked past me and you just know that he's the one...I had him come over and we hit it off pretty good. We went out for late dinner and then back to the hotel ect ect ect...He ended up spending the night and we hung out at the pool the next day.

The 2nd night, we decide to pick up an other boy for some fun. I let him do the picking, seeing he would be doing a lot of the work. We went to 3 clubs, but he found the boy he wanted...And I was not dissapointed. Did we have fun??? We just let me say for the first time in all my long life of travels, I needed to have housekeeping in the middle of the night :) (yes, i was a bit embarressed)

I had a great time overall in both Bangkok and Pattaya and I already have reservations made for a return trip in February.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions and help. This will be my 3rd trip back to Thailand in a year, so maybe I will get a chance to say hi to some of you person

Guest MonkeySee

Glad to see thay you had a great time, Paul. Pattaya does seem to grow on you. Although I like the big city life of Bangkok, Pattaya seems to be more managable and easier to master. Were you able to make it to the Sunee bars or did you find enough twinks in boyztown? Thanks for the report.

I did walk around Sunee a couple of times, but earlier in the evening, so not a lot going on at that point. Because of my good luck in meeting a boy almost as soon as I arrived, there wasnt really much need to head to that area. Every thing we needed was in Boystown and I was staying in that area. When I come back in Feb. I will explore Sunee a bit more.

And I do like Bangkok a lot also. I made a couple of friends that kept me busy most of my stay there.

Don't forget Jomtien Complex; there are a few good places there.

I would only go to Jomtien Complex if you want a good restaurant, the Host bars are full of lady boys, there is another very dirty place called Moneies or something, but dont bother its filthy.

Yes I would concentrate on Boystown and Sunee areas, you have such a good choice of guys and Bars there, that are clean and fewer Lady Boys as they Have in JC.

May be nice when the new VENUE HOTEL and Entertainment Complex opens next year.

I would only go to Jomtien Complex if you want a good restaurant, the Host bars are full of lady boys, there is another very dirty place called Moneies or something, but dont bother its filthy.

The only bar I can think of to which you might be referring is Monty's. I don't find it filthy at all and it's a bar I enjoy very much. It's as clean as anywhere else. I also think he puts on the best bar show in town. It's the only bar show I like.

Guest MonkeySee
Yes I would concentrate on Boystown and Sunee areas, you have such a good choice of guys and Bars there, that are clean and fewer Lady Boys as they Have in JC.

With two nights in Pattaya, I would skip Jomtiem for bars because there are just too many other better choices. If you want a gay beach, then Jomtiem would be fine. If you are in the neighborhood, then maybe a walk around and a early drink.