ihpguy

Rio's Olympic Preparations

• Members

http://time.com/4172821/rio-olympics-financial-crisis/

Two or three weeks ago, there was a report the the UFRJ medical school hospital near Galeao, the second largest hospital for transplants in South America, had stop surgeries except for only the greatest emergencies due to lack of funds, donor organs are not being used to save lives and going to waste. Last week or the week before, two state hospitals were transferred to the metropolitan government as the state had no funds to operate them.

The Museu da Amanha at the Praca Maua was finally opened just over a week ago. Completed at triple the original budget.

http://traveller24.news24.com/Explore/watch-rio-de-janeiro-street-muggings-go-viral-ahead-of-olympic-games-20160111

The video is taken at the corner of the plaza by the Largo do Carioca metro station.

More marauding gangs of kids in arrastaoes on the beach in Copacabana last week.

• Members

Thanks for your update. I am very sorry to read what you have to write. However, pols everywhere have their hands in the public pocket with the US and Brazil no exceptions for sure.

I have been waiting for a very long time for the voters/public to wake up and smell the coffee but my time is running out in the sense of many years to go. :(

We are all abused but also somewhat oblivious. :(

Best regards,

RA1