Guest Hunkster

Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic

• Members

There is almost no comparison. The rent boy scene in the DR is far superior as to both quantity and quality. The scene is usually driven by economic necessity. Since Puerto Ricans are American citizens, as the economy of the island has gone south, anyone who can scrape up $75 for a oneway ticket on Southwest can and has moved to Orlando. One result is that many of the rent boy's in PR speak with distinctly Dominican accents, suggesting that their immigration status may be in question. As to the DR, if you can get beyond the moral implications of their neo-apartheid policies with respect to people who look Haitian, the best source of info is the Monaga blog.

Guest Hunkster

Thanks JAYBLK.

I'm familiar with the rent boy / sauna scene in Brasil.

How do you connect with guys in DR?

Grindr, Gay Romeo? The street?

Thanks buddy.

Thanks JAYBLK.

I'm familiar with the rent boy / sauna scene in Brasil.

How do you connect with guys in DR?

Grindr, Gay Romeo? The street?

Thanks buddy.

As far as how to connect, check out Anthony's blog: http://www.Monaga.net. It has wonderful sources and information that I think would be helpful. There's a club that' s directly across the street from the gay hotel Adams Suites as well as a cinema of which you'll probably be interested.

I have a friend who's been to the cinema; he raved about it. Remember not to take valuables and to have your money hidden as well.

Lastly, in terms of the best times to go as to the weather, do a google check. That's what I did a few days ago, and from my reading it I am seriously thinking about going in December of this year.

I'm thinking of traveling to PR and then to DR.

Any thoughts of best time of year to go?

Which has a better rent boy scene?

thanks guys.

The last time I visited there was a male brothel not far from the Conde area where many of the boys available for rent tend to hang out since that is where the majority of American tourists looking for them are.....

Try A4A...there are tons of boys in DR online and even though it is a third world country/island, you may do well with some of the guys online, depending on how you look...

It also depends on what your standards are...when I first started traveling to DR, I found some very attractive, muscular, fit boys available for pay for play....in the city as well as Boca Chica, a local beach that many boys will be on if the weather is good, etc.

My last trip I had a live in boyfriend and did not see very many attractive boys available....not to say there are not some very attractive middle class Dominican boys who will hang out with you just for a drink or whatever you are doing for your visit....I did not pay the guy that I hung out with at all but it was understood I handled the drinks, clubs entrance fees, etc. and he got us great deals at the beach, clubs, hung out with some upper and middle class Dominicans and had a great time overall..

I have had some great times in DR but my last trip would be my last for a while....it seems that there had been no changes in the ten plus years I have been visiting the island...Although if you are into sexy guys who look mixed with great bodies, you will be fine....

Go during major US holidays as well as any holidays for the country....definitely stay near the Conde and check out Boca Chica....

Learn a little Spanish as well....it will get you a lot further...

Be careful because as it is a very poor country, you will have people trying to get your money all over the place...

Not sure if the male brothel is still open...

• Members

The last time I was there in Santo Domingo, that brothel was still open. It's on the northwest side of Independence Park about a block and a half up. I'm not a fan of the place, because the kinds of guys I like never seem to be there (muscular types). I can do much better on the streets or in the bars and clubs, but I can understand why someone who might not be as proactive as I am or who might like the average boy off the street type would prefer this brothel.

There is also the sauna / bathhouse called Apolo Spa that is non-rentboy although there is usually a masseur there (as to how far you can go, your mileage may vary). The facility is very nice, modern and clean, but again, no hustlers or rentboys. It's in the Colonial Zone just one block south of the Conde, on the same street as the 2 gay nightclubs and the gay hotel Adam Suites which is across from the 2 nightclubs.

Guest Hunkster

Thanks SolaceSoul. I too like masculine, muscular guys. I have no problem being proactive in my pursuits.....so when you say that you do much better on the streets....what are you saying / what is your approach to such? Is the street cruising that prevalent? Lastly, might i ask where your recommendations are for hotel, etc.

Thank you to all who have responded so far. All good stuff.

• Members

Thanks SolaceSoul. I too like masculine, muscular guys. I have no problem being proactive in my pursuits.....so when you say that you do much better on the streets....what are you saying / what is your approach to such? Is the street cruising that prevalent? Lastly, might i ask where your recommendations are for hotel, etc.

I have a thread here which addresses hotels in Santo Domingo that are gay/gay-friendly. There are some great suggestions and guidance. Once I read the advice here regarding gay/gay-friendly hotels in SD, I went to http://www.tripadvisor.comas well as http://www.booking.com to see what others had written about the recommended/not recommended hotels. From all of this, I'll chose.

...have a friend who lives in Brighton, England who travels to the DR regularly. He recommended The Courtyard and stated that he's always had guests. The guests have to leave their identification at the desk which is similar to some of the hotels mentioned amongst the suggested names.

• Members

Asked and answered. Read this thread:

http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25828-gaygay-friendly-hotels-in-santo-domingo-dr/#entry148599

• Members

post-128614-0-99063600-1454791362_thumb.

I never post a photo unless I have the permission of the person in the photo and they know where I am posting. So with that said.

I have been to the DR three times in the 5 months. I have been writing on this blog comparing my type of guy in Havana v. Santo Domingo. Which for me and my type of guy there are many more in the DR than in Cuba. I have been able to assemble a stable of 9 guys so far all of which are just as incredible as the ice sculpted guy in the photo. The pingas and faces match the bodies.

It is much harder to meet guys in the DR especially these type of guys. In Havana you can go Las Vegas or the malecon. In Brazil, you have the saunas but in the DR you have to use connections.

I would recommend to stay in an apartment and not a hotel. This photo was taken in an apartment I rented this last trip. You do not run into any of the same problems as a hotel and it is more discrete for the guys since they do not have turn over their ID to the front desk and you do not have to pay extra room charges.

An example of a cost for a guy like this would be 5,000 to 6,000 DOP for the night. The guy in the photo also drives for me so with airport pick-up and return 5 full days and nights and excusing himself for a few hours when I had another guest the cost was $600.

Guest Hunkster

Thanks for the information and the incredible pic.

Are these guys straight, gay,bi? My frustration with the last few times to Brasil was although the guys were gorgeous - they are straight guys who won't get fucked / suck dick like a straight guy. What's your experience please? You can PM me if you'd like. Thanks buddy.

• Members

There is a semi "competitor" site similar to this site, known as "daddys"

On that forum is a series of posts relative to Dominican Republic.

The person who started the below linked thread on the other site went into specific details about facts and circumstances in connection with meeting working guys in Dominican Republic.

Below is a link to the thread from the other site - the thread contains a wealth of information. I don't think the poster who created the thread on the "daddy" site posts in this forum.

I know a lot about Dominican Republic and how and where to meet working guys. The information in the thread does not conflict with what I know. In fact, the information expands on my knowledge and experiences of and in the Dominican Republic.

During my next trip to Dominican Republic, I intend to check out some of the information presented in the below linked thread from the other site.

Here is a link to the thread:

http://message-forum.net/threads/2015-dominican-republic-santo-domingo-diary.106417/

-