BiLatin

Just came back from a week in Havana. WHAT A BLAST!!!

• Members

Yes, at Bimbom you will find any kind of boy you like. I just personally gravitate to mulattos. And no. the boys will be whatever price you can agree on. There is no hung ups on race in Cuba, so masculine European looking boys are not considered better or more expensive or anything like that.

• Members

No, most of the ones I saw and met are straight and don't consider themselves gay and even have a girlfriend or are married. They do it because they need the money. Usually is with the consent of the girlfriend or wife, because they too benefit from these transactions. The economic situation in Cuba is such that everyone understand it is just like a job if you are straight and have sex with male tourists for money.

• Members

"The economic situation in Cuba is such that everyone understand it is just like a job if you are straight and have sex with male tourists for money."

I'm wondering if a top-only guy like me would have a frustrating time there. In your experience, how limited is the interaction of these straight guys? Do they kiss, bottom with condom, perform oral without condom and to completion etc?

• Members

Just back from Havana... in Cancun now.

Been going for about 17 yrs, well known to the Police and the Bartenders, taxi drivers, etc...not sure if that's a good thing or not, lol

I forgot that Jan/Feb can be chilly & windy and many of the guys return to their provinces (someone said that tourism has been expanding outside of Havana and a lot of the guys prefer to look for "work" closer to home)

Anyway, I had an OK time, too many queeny guys this trip for me and guys saying they do this and that (all talk and no action) so I stay away from that kind.

Good report.... 11 days and I was READY to get out of Cuba.....but looking forward to Brasil with Tomcal in March ;-)

That's great to know floridarob. Your feedback is good for everyone because we all have different experiences. too bad your time is Cuba wasn't everything you may have wanted it to be.

• Members

Great reports! You don't really need to pretend to be a local to use the local transport or pay local price, unless those products under quota. I rode many times the 0.4 CUP local bus and the 1 CUP taxi bus. You can also get onto one of the shared old cars to get from Vedado to Central park and pay 10 CUP at the end.

You are right, endlessdream. However, it is true that if you look like a tourist some people and even in official government prices change. For example, a local can buy a ticket to a performance at the Gran Teatro for 30CUP, while the same ticket costs 30CUC to tourists. Just like everywhere else in the world, it helps to blend in. However, my point with my story was that I didn't have to blend in. By virtue of the way I looked and the fact that I speak Spanish, I blended in even without trying to.

• Members

I just wonder whether the first boy was infected with " crab " or not?

hahahaahaha, stragerlee what kind of question is that?!!!! OF COURSE NOT. He was clean. I would have mentioned it in my report and definitely would not have recommended him, if that were the case. What made you think such a strange and peculiar thing?

Guest strangerlee

I did not mean it. It is just the photo of pubic area make me feel like that. I am very appreciated with the report of this Cuba trip. I want to go there in the near future. Thanks a lot.

• Members

Fantastic report! Thanks for sharing!

As a seasoned traveler to Habana (about seven trips to there), I can recommend you do your best before the embargo ends. People is overexcited about the amount of American tourist with big dollars that will request their pingas no matter the price, and that is making some people to increase their rates.

In my case, I have Cuban friends in La Habana that always help me to control pinguero's expectations. I always pay 20-25 CUCs for a service, a little more if I ask for a nightstand. Most of these guys will be more than happy to have you as repeatable customer. Not all are good on bed, but those with the right attitude... man... they will make your trip a dream!

Peter, you can find that type of guys near Bimbon, specially at Las Vegas. However, sometimes I have to go to other "upscale" places to find those European-look gods. There is an implicit classism in Cuban society! In any case, all the places are fantastic to find awesome boys!

• Members

What are the upscale spaces? Do you recall the names? Thanks

Fantastic report! Thanks for sharing!

Peter, you can find that type of guys near Bimbon, specially at Las Vegas. However, sometimes I have to go to other "upscale" places to find those European-look gods. There is an implicit classism in Cuban society! In any case, all the places are fantastic to find awesome boys!

No, most of the ones I saw and met are straight and don't consider themselves gay and even have a girlfriend or are married. They do it because they need the money. Usually is with the consent of the girlfriend or wife, because they too benefit from these transactions. The economic situation in Cuba is such that everyone understand it is just like a job if you are straight and have sex with male tourists for money.

A Brit amigo of mine has traveled to Cuba about five times. When he's sent me his report of all of the fun that he had, he has stated that the men with whom he had fun and played were all married and/or had a woman friend! Apparently, the thoughts about "straight men" having sex with other men in Cuba is similar to that of Brasil.

Thank you for your reply to my post. there are 12 allowed reasons through which Americans can legally travel to the island. See this here: https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/cuba_faqs_new.pdf.

Most of them involve education or journalism or charity. For example, a friend of mine is a high school teacher. He's and American who obtained a license to enhance his "teaching skills". Another went to Cuba to take cans of food and clothes to a local church. I went to Cuba because I'm part Cuban and wanted to "educate" myself about the island. All you have to do is give the address and contact info of a local person, church or other entity. For example, you can sign up for dance classes in Cuba and apply for a license to go there on that pretext. Once you have your visa permit, then I suggest you get a charter company to find the cheapest flights. I price-shopped and was quoted anything from 600 to 225 dollars. If you need help with that, let me know.

On the other hand, you can go through a third country (Mexico, Bahamas, or Jamaica. I've gone through Mexico and Bahamas in the past. the airlines sell the visa on the spot when you buy the ticket.) and the Cuban government won't stamp your passport. they stamp the visa, which is given to you in a small sheet. Actually, even with a legal visa, they didn't stamp my passport. It doesn't show I've been to Cuba.

When going through a third country, I used to stay the night before leaving and the day before coming back to the US in that third country, to justify my stay. Anyway, the Obama administration has stated that they are not going to press charges against Americans traveling to Cuba through third countries.

I have a friend who lives in LA who went to Cuba last December 2015. He went through Mexico. Spent three day at an all-inclusive in Cancun. Flew from Cancun to Havana. Spent a week in Havana. And then came back to LA through Cancun without any issues.

However, you decide to do it. Please do go back to Cuba. I personally going back in April. I loved it and kind of feel nostalgia about my trip and the boys I met. Also, now that I know how the gay system works is gonna be even more fun next time around. I also want to explore the gay scene in other cities in Cuba.

If there is any other questions or anything else that I can help. Please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope you'd write as detailed and as interestingly when you return from your trip to Cuba next month. Your sharing can serve as a precursor to my hoped trip to Havana for the 39th Jazz Festival. Unfortunately, I'll be going with a group but plan NOT to participate in some of the itinerary if it's quite similar to the second one I was on when I went to Habana for a mere 8 days.

Your saga here piques my interest frequently!

• Members

hahahaahaha, stragerlee what kind of question is that?!!!! OF COURSE NOT. He was clean. I would have mentioned it in my report and definitely would not have recommended him, if that were the case. What made you think such a strange and peculiar thing?

Personally, I thought his query was downright "RUDE" and disrespectful to say the least! ...was always taught that "if you don't have something positive to say, don't say anything!" I couldn't see the purpose of the question at all.

I applaud you in the way you responded. Usually I try to handle things with aplomb, but in case of that query-- I don't know.

• Members

Personally, I thought his query was downright "RUDE" and disrespectful to say the least! ...was always taught that "if you don't have something positive to say, don't say anything!" I couldn't see the purpose of the question at all.

I applaud you in the way you responded. Usually I try to handle things with aplomb, but in case of that query-- I don't know.

Thanks Axiom2001, I too (at first) was taken aback, downright offended and thought it was extremely rude of him to not just ask that question but imply that I would be with an unclean partner, and that I would not say something about it. But then, I thought about it better and decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone has had the same upbringing or even the same command of the English language or come from the same culture. Thus, I figured either he's not a native English speaker or comes from a culture or household where that sort of unfiltered, rude questioning is OK.

• Members
On 1/31/2016 at 4:49 PM, axiom2001 said:

BiLatin,

If you are interested in having a gay professional guide while in Salvador [bahia], Brazil, I have one who comes highly recommended.

He's now on http://tripadvisor.com, and his name is Fernando. He's been guiding for a while and apparently is stellar as to what he does. Although I did not use his services when I was there, I communicated with him via email, and when two amigos of mine went last summer, they used him for a few independent tours. Apparently, they had a great time while in Bahia as well as with the expertise of Fernando.