Badboy81

Badboys Rio Adventures December 2016....And a few observations

• Members

Hi badboy, thanks for the post. I guess there's a mistype.

Rates increased with most boys asking for $150R initially and a few staying with that asking price...most accepting $120R or $120R.

Did you mean R$100 or 120? If yes I must say that prices are still the same of November 2016 when a close friend of me went to 117 and he was asked on average around 150, easily negotiable to 100/120.

16 hours ago, Badboy81 said:

and wondering if many of the boys work there for ease of money, necessity or because it pays better than other service industry jobs .......

Since I have been going there for the past 16 years, its been my observation that for the vast majority of the guys it is the ease of money for 18 - 22 yr.olds to make without a education and far exceeds what they can make in a labor job.  The best example of this is I had a friend building a home in Rio, and we would go to the site to check on the progress each day.  At that time they were digging out the foundation by Hand! there was a Hot 19 yr old guy with big biceps lean body who I thought was really hot.  I asked the foreman to ask the guy If he would be willing to do a programma after work.  I'll skip all the details but he did and 2 days later went to work in the saunas.  turns out he got paid $35R/day for digging with a pick axe for 8 hrs a day in the sun, vs. working for 3 hrs in a air conditioned sauna  for many times that amount of money!   But the vast majority work for only 3 months to a yr. or so before they move on to "regular" employment.   There are the long term sauna boys that have worked there for years(I ran into one that I met on my first trip to Rio in October of 2001) but I would guess that 75% work from 3 mo. too 1 y. 

3 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

Hi badboy, thanks for the post. I guess there's a mistype.

Did you mean R$100 or 120? If yes I must say that prices are still the same of November 2016 when a close friend of me went to 117 and he was asked on average around 150, easily negotiable to 100/120.

All prices were quotes in reals....they are negotiable depending on the garoto....

3 hours ago, Tomcal said:

Since I have been going there for the past 16 years, its been my observation that for the vast majority of the guys it is the ease of money for 18 - 22 yr.olds to make without a education and far exceeds what they can make in a labor job.  The best example of this is I had a friend building a home in Rio, and we would go to the site to check on the progress each day.  At that time they were digging out the foundation by Hand! there was a Hot 19 yr old guy with big biceps lean body who I thought was really hot.  I asked the foreman to ask the guy If he would be willing to do a programma after work.  I'll skip all the details but he did and 2 days later went to work in the saunas.  turns out he got paid $35R/day for digging with a pick axe for 8 hrs a day in the sun, vs. working for 3 hrs in a air conditioned sauna  for many times that amount of money!   But the vast majority work for only 3 months to a yr. or so before they move on to "regular" employment.   There are the long term sauna boys that have worked there for years(I ran into one that I met on my first trip to Rio in October of 2001) but I would guess that 75% work from 3 mo. too 1 y. 

Good observation...I have seen a few that have been working for years and then I have seen some only one or two times in the saunas...

Interesting is the one who are gay that I see outside of the saunas, beaches, bars, Lao..those I clearly know they just realize they make more money in the saunas than they could in many industry jobs...