TotallyOz

Singapore

Guest lvdkeyes
Going to Singapore for a holiday. What is there that I need to see, do? Where I meet the guys? :)

I can give you the name of someone who knows a lot about SG. Call me.

Guest MonkeySee
Going to Singapore for a holiday. What is there that I need to see, do? Where I meet the guys? :)

Have not been to Singapore in a while, but there is a bar scene (I think close to China town). I have heard you can pick up guys in the shopping area along Orchard Road. As far as sights to see, nothing that is a "must see" comes to mind.

The three favorite items in order how I and my Chiangmai bf enjoyed them were:

1. Spending the day at Sentosa Island (and take the cable car over). You'll have a blast. You'll get a lot of photos on this day.

2. Night safari at the zoo....best in the world.

3. Spending some time just walking around Chinatown (about a 3-4 square block area with lots of little shops and a fun place to pick up a souvenir and just people watch).

We also went to Jurong Bird Park and that was fine. What we didn't do was go shopping in all of the ungodly Pradas, Tiffanys, etc..

We picked one of those boutique hotels from the internet and only stayed one night (the entire room and bathroom were together about 9 feet by 8 feet (if it was that big). Because a buddy of mine had stayed there before, we packed off to Goodwood Place which was more expensive (about $160.00 per night) but the nicest/richest place I've stayed in Southeast Asia. Rooms were huge and extremely nice.

P.S. I just checked a couple of internet sites and the Goodwood Park Hotel will set you back by about $300.00 per night. We were there in November of 2005 and I know we only paid $160.00 per night (and got that rate by just walking up to the desk). We must have been extremely lucky.

So GT

Where is the report on your first night in Singapore????

I am having too much fun right now. :) Will report in later. Suffice to say that the guys here are great, speak perfect English and not asking for money. The hottie I met yesterday was fun. He was young professional 28 years old, spoke 5 languages and works in banking industry, has traveled the world and very middle class. The city is amazing. Clean. Nice people so far.

Guest MonkeySee
I am having too much fun right now. :) Will report in later. Suffice to say that the guys here are great, speak perfect English and not asking for money. The hottie I met yesterday was fun. He was young professional 28 years old, spoke 5 languages and works in banking industry, has traveled the world and very middle class. The city is amazing. Clean. Nice people so far.

Singapore is a fine city. A fine for spitting on the sidewalk. A fine for having chewing gum. A fine for not flushing the toilet. If you are really a bad boy, you might even get a few whacks on the bottom!

GT Stop having so much fun.. I have no one to have breakfast with. I know you have gone over your allowance in the many shopping malls BAD BOY

GT Stop having so much fun.. I have no one to have breakfast with. I know you have gone over your allowance in the many shopping malls BAD BOY

LOL Well, I have gone over just a bit but it is the Christmas holiday and Orchard Street has tons of Christmas decorations to prove it. I was surprised that this city/country was so into Christmas as it is mostly a Buddhist country. The streets were better decorated than Rockefeller Center. :) I guess that put me into the spirit. HO HO HO

LOL Well, I have gone over just a bit but it is the Christmas holiday and Orchard Street has tons of Christmas decorations to prove it. I was surprised that this city/country was so into Christmas as it is mostly a Buddhist country. The streets were better decorated than Rockefeller Center. :) I guess that put me into the spirit. HO HO HO

Can I open my present before Xmas Please Please Please

Guest xiandarkthorne

ROAD!!! ROAD!!! Orchard ROAD, GT! Do you want to be arrested and fined for reducing one of the republic's most famous areas to a lower standard?

Guest MonkeySee
ROAD!!! ROAD!!! Orchard ROAD, GT! Do you want to be arrested and fined for reducing one of the republic's most famous areas to a lower standard?

That offense might be very grave. If judged with malicious intent, I think the punishment is 10 whacks with the cane!!! Do you know anyone in Singapore, Xiandarthorne, that can pull a few strings for GT?

Guest xiandarkthorne
That offense might be very grave. If judged with malicious intent, I think the punishment is 10 whacks with the cane!!! Do you know anyone in Singapore, Xiandarthorne, that can pull a few strings for GT?

I haven't been in SIngapore for years now but I think if I put my mind to it, I could find a few guys to pull GT's string for him :p

I haven't been in SIngapore for years now but I think if I put my mind to it, I could find a few guys to pull GT's string for him :p

If I had only knew BEFORE I went. Perhaps a rain check?

Guest fountainhall

I was talking with a friend the other day about Singapore. I used to visit several times a year, and on my first stay at the Pan Pacific decided to order room service breakfast. The waiter was gorgeous, we exchanged winks, and he was in the room again for a delightful hour before he went off shift. I know that's not permitted in at least the better hotels - maybe that's what made it so enjoyable!

There used to be a rather nice sauna named Rairua, but I know that died a few years ago. I remember also a really nice gay cocktail bar in/near Chinatown "Backstage" - the sort of bar I wish Bangkok had. But I have not been in Singapore for 3 years and I'd love to know the in gay places. I always found it the most cruisy of cities.

Guest xiandarkthorne

I am so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, GB, but all the gay guys I knew in Singapore during the 80s turned into married closet cases and pillars of the establishment! Horrors! Not one of the four people I contacted were prepared to be seen with me in public places where people who could recognize me and knew I was gay, would also see them with me!

It seems that I have been too enthusiastic about putting my pictures all over the internet...I was going to ask how they knew about my pictures at various gay dating sites but then I realized that they were probably members, there, too...but without profile pictures or with someone else's face picture instead of their own on their profiles.

I was disappointed, to say the least, but I guess I can't blame them. I ws out even way back then and they weren't. Now, I'm a writer with little money in the bank and nothing to lose by being out while they have families and high-powered jobs and salaries.

Xian

PS

The greatest irony is that I happen to be the only one who's a grandfather (albeit an illegitimate one).

My thai boyfriend and me stayed 19th -27th december in singapore already for third time and we enjoyed again. Golden Landmark Hotel ( executive floor room ) was nice with many perks for 188 Dollars/night. We have done Sentosa-Island tour, citytour,dinner cruise and nightsafari and the hippotours with free hop on and hop off in 2 days (good for shopping). We enjoyed the free evening tour through the orchard road. Have been visiting Raw-Sauna, absolute-sauna and fabulous bh-sauna. Its good to have utopiacard to get some discounts like free membership or up to 20% from drink prices in bars. We will return next year. All fun has been for free and only in rawsauna are some moneyboys from thailand.

How do I go about getting a Utopia card?

You can become a Utopia Member for a one-time fee of US$48 for lifetime at http://www.utopia-asia.com/member.htm. There is a link to secure form. I got my card after 2 weeks with mail here in germany. On the homepage you also can see which venues in several countries offer discounts. I already used the card very often - mostly in singapore (bars and saunas) but also for booking rooms in thailand (adonis guesthouse in phuket >> 10% discount).

Yes it is for all time. I believe there are not many members because i have small membernumber around 2500. In some saunas or bars they looked astonished and told me they see the card first time but always got my discount ( during 8 days singapore i saved around 150 dollar)

Guest fountainhall
Yes it is for all time.

Mine is #773 and I had completely forgotten about it until this thread started. Must be 10 years at least since I got it! Now I'll start to use it.

I have exactly #2554 and i got it last year. I used it already in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and now also in thailand. Many guesthouses give 10% on roomrate. Next year i booked already the adonisguesthouse deluxe studio with kitchen for 800 baht/night (20 nights save around 2000 baht). Even Twoguys in sunee is giving 10% and sansuk also but only in low season.

Guest lvdkeyes
You can become a Utopia Member for a one-time fee of US$48 for lifetime at http://www.utopia-asia.com/member.htm. There is a link to secure form. I got my card after 2 weeks with mail here in germany. On the homepage you also can see which venues in several countries offer discounts. I already used the card very often - mostly in singapore (bars and saunas) but also for booking rooms in thailand (adonis guesthouse in phuket >> 10% discount).

Thanks for the information.