whall

Venezuela pay scene

• Members
35 minutes ago, whall said:

Anyone know what they scene is like here? Been here recently?

whall, you're really brave!  I consider myself an adventurous American and wouldn't dream of vacationing in Venezuela right now.  I know the guys are hot, horny and hungry, I also know that the American media likes to exaggerate external dangers to keep the complacent trapped in their industrialized bubble.  However, I know several colleagues from Venezuela who have repeatedly poured ice cold water on any suggestion I make regarding visiting their country.  I have never had a colleague speak so disparagingly about the conditions in their native country.  In fact nearly all my foreign friends always talk up their countries or at least the "developed" parts that are safe for tourist.  Even the Cuban expats in Miami say how wonderful Cuba is despite the lack of a proper market economy and being a playground for the Castro family.  Venezuela has gotten nothing but negative reviews.  Still, if you do go please let us know what the scene is like.  I know that the guys are gorgeous but, my backpacking and "roughing it" days are probably behind me.  I'm not sure that you can successfully do this kind of trip without a local fixer.  Please let us know what transpires!  

• Members

You wanna go there to have fun or you're going mainly for work?

I have been there a few times. My last visit was in August 2016 for work, and in Caracas i was able to feel the danger. Some friends i have there are telling me that the situation is now even worse due to political turmoil which is feeding criminality even more.

Do not go there if your Spanish is not good. 

• Members
14 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

You wanna go there to have fun or you're going mainly for work?

I have been there a few times. My last visit was in August 2016 for work, and in Caracas i was able to feel the danger. Some friends i have there are telling me that the situation is now even worse due to political turmoil which is feeding criminality even more.

likeohmygod, if whall is going there for work he can't avoid it.  However, if he's going for the rough trade, maybe he just likes it really rough ;)  All joking aside, the cute guys of Caracas are not worth the potential risk you will be putting yourself into.  I picked up a taste for Venezuelan guys while living in Miami and would love to go and experience them in their natural habitat.  Unfortunately, my tourist Spanish will instantly give away the fact that I'm just visiting and I don't know any local fixers to make sure that I understand the lay of the land.  Unless you have a serious reason for going I would not hazard this holiday in hell.  

likeohmygod, did you get a chance to sample the local produce?

• Members

Yeah, that's why i was asking if he was going for leisure. If it's just for fun, then my suggestion is to strongly avoid Venezuela. A lot of hot boys and huge things between their legs :D...but as you said, it's not worth it...too dangerous, and i'm not talking about getting robbed; that would be the best thing it could happen if something wrong is going to happen.

If you're forced to go there (work for example)...abstain from seeking boys unless you can speak a good Spanish and/or you have a sort of personal guide.

To answer your question @Darkseraphim: yes i did sample the "Made in Venezuela". I can say that the quality of what you can get, is at least the same of what you can get in Brazil or in Colombia (at least for my standards). Grindr is also full of hot guys (even if something is changing, probably a sort of migration to other apps), but i've never tried to meet someone from there. I've been strongly descouraged to do that, because of the risks of getting fucked up, in the bad way.

I have a great friend from Caracas who traveled with me, and that introduced me to his friends, and the friends of their friends. That is how i have been able to safely enjoy the place...and the "local produce" :D.

Of course I'm not saying that going to Caracas will automatically result in robbery, injuries and death. There are safe places, but cruising for sex, as a tourist, could be extremely dangerous compared to Brazil, depending on where you go and who you might find.

• Members
12 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

I have a great friend from Caracas who traveled with me, and that introduced me to his friends, and the friends of their friends. That is how i have been able to safely enjoy the place...and the "local produce" :D.

Of course I'm not saying that going to Caracas will automatically result in robbery, injuries and death. There are safe places, but cruising for sex, as a tourist, could be extremely dangerous compared to Brazil, depending on where you go and who you might find.

@likeohmygod : I agree with you 100%!  You went with a friend who could ac as a local fixer and apparently you were able to leverage their social network and contacts to have a pleasurable stay.  However, most guys on this board are not so blessed.  I really love Venezuelan guys but, for me the risk is currently unacceptable.  I've taken long meandering walks on the streets of Baltimore, Memphis, Chicago, Philadelphia, Mexico City, Medellin, Bogota, Santo Domingo and many other "dangerous" cities.  I will hazard that the members of this forum have a heightened "perceived risk tolerance" compared to the average citizen of the industrialized economies.  However, Venezuela gives even people like me pause.  If you have to go for work you may have no choice but, please make sure that you can get a trusted local fixer to guide you and that what you are being offered is extraordinary.  There are lots of gorgeous Colombian and Brazilian guys who are comparable with the universally acknowledged beauties of South America.  I take the media reports with a grain of salt but, all my contacts tell me only bad things regarding Venezuela right now.  @whall : If you must go please make sure that it is worth it, that you will have a trusted local to guide you and that you write a good sitrep for this board ;)  If the media and all my contacts have been blowing smoke and Venezuela is actually some gorgeous guy paradise I want to know! 

Guest bobbalino

A small cluster of Venezuelans peppers our Rio scene, for example, Angel (shown) and Ramon and friends.

Today I read in Rio Times that Mercosur founding nations are likely to expel Venezuela from its trade arrangements.

It is rare but important that BT-related questions generate discussion here about political realities and safeguards.

IMG_0393.JPG

• Members

@bobbalino : I messed with a Venezuelan guy in Bogota last year and I had several regulars in Miami.  To a small extent I have benefited from the government facilitated diaspora. Though the misery experienced by the Venezuelans without connections who couldn't get a passport to leave the country is terrible and I would not wish that on anybody. 

• Members

Well the diaspora is far from being facilitated by government...they're out of plastic for passports. I've been told that the government is actually able to provide around 250k passports, while the requests are now over 2.3 million.

Yesterday there was a huge shooting during a demostration happening in the motorway, against Maduro.

• Members

@likeohmygod : I agree that the Venezuelan government does not have the resources to provide it's citizens passports, they barely have the funds to continue printing money.  On a side note the Venezuelan government may not have enough plastic to meet the current passport demand for citizens trying to flee their country but, it seems to be able to sell passports to questionable characters with ties to terrorism:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/08/world/venezuela-passports-investigation/

When I say that the current crooks in charge of Venezuela facilitated the diaspora I mean that, just as the Castros facilitated the Cuban diaspora, their policies have deliberately immiserated the average citizen and forced most of the upper middle class to flee the country.  Most of the middle class waited until it was too late and are now trapped in Venezuela desperately trying just to get food.  The diaspora is a direct result of insane government  polices, so in a sense they facilitated the exodus of the gorgeous guys I throughly enjoyed in Miami and Colombia.  Gorgeous Venezuelans can now be found all over Latin America, most of whom would have preferred to remain in their country; once one of the wealthiest in all of Latin America.  God, I would love to travel to Caracas and beyond once a modicum of stability has returned and experience a few wild rides in that beautiful country.  C'est la vie :/   

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on Venezuela - travel experiences, gay scene, etc. Based on my research it is apparently safer than it was a decade ago, despite being a high risk country to visit. Based on the TripAdvisor forums, it sounds like people travel there safely and have a good time as long as they are street smart and do not take unnecessary risks (for example, walking around at night).