BiBottomBoy

Looks Like Franken Is Done

No hearing and no due process. He wasn't allowed to defend himself. It is not fair.  Sorry. I disagree. And, I will NEVER support Kirsten Gellibrand again for anything.  I sent money to her before. Never again. And, on top that that if she is the nominee, I'm out of political commentary forever. I am very disappointed in this selective process.

Guest Larstrup
27 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

I don't think so.

I've spent the last year here, and especially There (not to glorify myself, but rather that Document), trying to remind how the Constitution is infinitely more durable than the slight flings and arrows we may attempt to toss toward it.

That was, and is, remember, its whole point.

One could argue that our constitutional process in Congress has been in a state of chaos for sometime. Hence John McCain’s call for a return to regular order.

Chaos does not mean demise.  And while the constitution has served us well throughout our history it is merely a living document enforced by mortal and moral men.

There is no question in my mind that this president*  would love nothing more than to  dismantle it to enrich himself with more power.  We see this on a nearly daily basis with him stretching  and over-stepping the bounds of his power and reach. 

I too, Believe and trust in our Constitution. However that does not mean that we will not be subjected to levels of chaos that we have not seen in a very long time.

I have not read all the allegations against Franken but from what I have seen, it is not to the level of sex.  Moore has sexual relations with multiple underage girls and all documented over many years with conversations from these women. Can we at least see the same type of evidence against Franken?  Or, is it just OK to say something and some not use their name and others with no corroboration.

I do not agree with anyone being sexually assaulted but I guess I don't consider a slap on the ass a sexual assault or he put his hand around my waist an assault or harassment. 

Just wait. Many of these women, if not all, will be discredited and the fucking democrats will have jumped the gun yet again trying to take the high moral road. They are fools. All of them (I'm one). But, if we can't get the party to grow some balls and fight, we will never win anything. 

Guest Larstrup
7 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

No hearing and no due process. He wasn't allowed to defend himself. It is not fair.  Sorry. I disagree. And, I will NEVER support Kirsten Gellibrand again for anything.  I sent money to her before. Never again. And, on top that that if she is the nominee, I'm out of political commentary forever. I am very disappointed in this selective process.

We are in a watershed moment in this nation regarding sexual assault, abuse and harassment. There are no rules to cover such an onslaught of members being accused. There are only backroom deals that have gone on probably for decades at the taxpayers expense. 

Gellibrand is bypassing the lack of rules and the definition of those rules,  and simply setting standards of behavior.

While I believe that each offense should carry its own unique punishment, that’s not what is going to take place in our current moment in time. It’s going to be a standard and if you fail you’re out. 

I trust the American people more than I trust and have faith in the people of Alabama.  And when we revisit these issues in years to come, I believe there will be clear cut Definitions of behavior and rules that define them. Unfortunately we are not currently at that moment in time.

These behaviors and lack of action toward them by the GOP is going to punish them in 2018 Like they have never been punished before; and we will be a better and stronger nation because of it.

1 minute ago, Larstrup said:

These behaviors and lack of action toward them by the GOP is going to punish them in 2018 Like they have never been punished before; and we will be a better and stronger nation because of it.

Don't kid yourself.  They will not be punished. They will will keep winning because the democrats don't know how to fight. 

However, I agree with everything else you said. So much of this is undefined and we will have a reckoning of what defines each term and then people can be punished for them. 

Also, BBB, Moore fucked little girls. That is a big difference than touching a women's boob in a photo shoot!

Guest Larstrup
12 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

because the democrats don't know how to fight. 

I agree with this. The GOP has played dirty for decades and the Dems have never learned how to fight back and counter their filth. We have got to find a way to more effectively fight these people and while Pelosi isn't going anywhere, I don't think she and Shummer will be effective combatants to the GOPS depths of depravity.

We need a new strategy and A NEW MESSAGE!