Guest MonkeySee

New Bar Opening Tonight in Sunee Plaza

Guest MonkeySee

Tonight, in Sunee plaza, is a grand opening of a new go-go bar. The location is the old Topman. The bar is called COCKTAIL. The advertisement that they were handing out says, “Do you like COCK or TAIL, we have both. Open daily from 2 pm to 2 am.” The premier is November 27 at 8 pm.

Guest topjohn5
Tonight, in Sunee plaza, is a grand opening of a new go-go bar. The location is the old Topman. The bar is called COCKTAIL. The advertisement that they were handing out says, “Do you like COCK or TAIL, we have both. Open daily from 2 pm to 2 am.” The premier is November 27 at 8 pm.

Ummmmmmmm, I am use to the straight term "tail" being for pussy........Is this what is implied???

This is a MIXED boy/girl gogo bar???

Ummmmmm, that won't work at all...........or, are they somehow suggesting this is a ladyboy and gayboy bar?

What does that exactly mean.......just ass and cock? Someone who is straight would not think this!

I think it means tail as in butt. But am not sure of the cock part ?????

I found it interesting that you thought the way you did but I guess you have a point. I am sure that someone will let us know after tonight.

What I found interesting is that it will open at 2pm. I note that many of the girly bars seem to be open 24 hours.

So finally those of us that usually in bed by 8pm will have a place to go.

Guest MonkeySee
I think it means tail as in butt. But am not sure of the cock part ?????

I think Laurence is right in that tail translates as butt and cock translate as penis.

What I found interesting is that it will open at 2pm. I note that many of the girly bars seem to be open 24 hours.

It seems they have a few tables and chairs set up outside. I suppose it will be like a beer bar outside and go-go bar inside.

I am sure that someone will let us know after tonight.

I attended the grand opening of this gay go-go bar called Cocktail Bar (formerly Topman). I think it has the makings of a very successful go-go bar. The boys were plentiful and a nice mix of masculine and fem. The bar itself is top notch. The place was very crowded but the air conditioning kept the place comfortable. The sound system was good and music selection nice, although it may be too loud for some. There are plenty of seats as the bar is spacious. Drink prices were reasonable, Heineken was 110 baht. A sign advertised inside drink prices starting from 90 baht and outside drink prices starting from 40 baht.

I attended the grand opening of this gay go-go bar called Cocktail Bar (formerly Topman). I think it has the makings of a very successful go-go bar. The boys were plentiful and a nice mix of masculine and fem. The bar itself is top notch.

Do you know if they brought boys from Euro Boys or were the boys new to the sene ?

Guest MonkeySee
Do you know if they brought boys from Euro Boys or were the boys new to the sene ?

I noticed a few familiar faces of boys that I saw the night before from Euro but many, many new faces, as well.

I was told the owner brought in 2 van loads of new faces from Issan to stock his 2 bars. I don't know if this is accurate or legend but heard it from 2 different sources. If only the Sunee Scoop Reporter was there to keep us all informed.

Guest MonkeySee
I was told the owner brought in 2 van loads of new faces from Issan to stock his 2 bars. I don't know if this is accurate or legend but heard it from 2 different sources. If only the Sunee Scoop Reporter was there to keep us all informed.

What ever happened to the "Sunee Scoop Reporter?"

What ever happened to the "Sunee Scoop Reporter?"

I'm sorry, but the answer to that question will not be allowed to be posted. We do not permit personal information about people on this web site. I'm sure what people wish to know about the bar opening will soon be posted. I'll try to go myself within the next few days if no one beats me to it.

Does anyone know?

The mama-san is usually the one to go. They know where to go to find "new recruits." They usually lure the boys by making them think that all they have to do is dance in their underwear and they're likely to find a farang who will "take care" them from here on in. They are assured they'll make a lot of money (by Thai standards) and have a much better life than the rice farm can ever offer. The lure of the city life is also very appealing. Many of the boys are gay in the first place, but the lure of "big money" is very persuasive to boys who are not truly gay. To many, they don't view sex as westerners do. To many, it doesn't matter much whether they are really gay or not. It's no problem at all for them to have male-to-male sex.

It doesn't take much to convince plenty of boys that "this is the life!" Often, several boys who are already friends will go together. That way they get to room with their friends, which is a lot better than going alone.

Of course, most of them end up disillusioned in the end and eventually return to the rice farm, but many of them really do enjoy the life and choose to stay on, whether they "have farang" or not. The average 3000 baht or so they earn per month is far more than they can ever hope for back on the farm. Sometimes the parents encourage it in hopes that the boy will be able to send money to them each month.

Many of the boys view it as a lark and a way to escape from the rice farm life. Many have wanted to give the bar scene life a try. They've heard stories, but didn't have enough money to get to Pattaya, get a room, and give it a try. The recruiter brings them free of charge and accommodations are often provided upstairs in the bar. Many boys don't move into an apartment, usually shared by two to five boys, until they're making enough to be able to afford it.

The allure is especially appealing to the boys who are gay in the first place, and many are.

Guest fountainhall
The mama-san is usually the one to go

Love to volunteer for the job! Wouldn't cost the mama-san anything and I'd make sure the boys get on well with farang :p

I went to the opening of Cocktails last night where there was a good party atmosphere and free buffet. My soft drink cost 100Bt. It has potential with good dance music, plenty of gogo guys and more space than Euroboys, where they transferred from. The main reason why I liked Euros was the energetic dancing in front of you. That was mostly missing last night, maybe due to the original guys being swamped by the new extras, - about 30 guys. If they don't get back to the energy dancing, it'll just be yet another knee-shuffling gogo bar and doomed to boring their customers. I'll visit it again in a week's time to see how it settles. There was a bit of a show by a magician imported from the street for about 20 mins, - interesting to see him pulling things out of the skimpy briefs the guys wear.

I see it as bar with great potential that will be realised only if the management and mamasan keep tight control of the organisation. I wish it well.

This evening I went and had a look. In all honesty I see no significant difference between this bar and any other bar. I counted ten boys on stage, a few of whom I recognized from other bars. Two were dancing. The rest were doing the "one-knee shuffle." The seating and stage was no different than it was when the bar was Top Man. The music volume was blaring and about fifteen minutes of it was all I could take.

I was charged 140 baht for a typical gin & tonic.

There were, however, no pushy mama-sans.

I really had hoped a new bar would bring something truly innovative to Sunee Plaza. In my opinion, the bar is typical of the type you find in Sunee Plaza.

How does this process of 'going off to Issan' and coming back with a vanload of boys actually work?

Does anyone know?

I am sure there are only very few people who would be able to answer that question both properly and accurately for you Steve. As to whether or not I personally am one of those people, I of course could not possibly comment. whistling.gif

Cheers,

George.

Hi GB, rather strange that you were charged 140 Baht for a G&T, considering there were two boys standing outside the entrance to the bar with boards, advertising the fact that all drinks were 90 Baht inside the bar and only 40 Baht, at the tables outside.

Cheers,

George.

Guest jtrack33

If the sales rep catches you outside and then takes you inside, then it should only be Bht130....Bht40 + Bht90 :D But then I jest.

The signs are bait and there can be many reasons to justify the extra. Last week, I walked past Euroboys and the sign said Bht90 inside and Bht40 outside. The boy holding the sign, tried to drag me in promising me the drink price inside was only Bht100....and at the same time still holding the sign. When I looked again at the sign for small print, the boy just smiled. What a nice boy...pity he has to work for such a crappy outfit.

Hi GB, rather strange that you were charged 140 Baht for a G&T, considering there were two boys standing outside the entrance to the bar with boards, advertising the fact that all drinks were 90 Baht inside the bar and only 40 Baht, at the tables outside.

That's why this evening was the first and last time I'll be in that particular bar.

Guest MonkeySee
If only the Sunee Scoop Reporter was there to keep us all informed.

I have a feeling that the Sunee Scoop Reporter shall return. Do you think the masses want to hear what he has to say?

As far as the drink prices go, the sign I saw the boys holding said inside drinks starting at 90 baht and outside drinks startingt at 40 baht. I am not sure if that was a grand opening promotion or an everyday thing. Like I said, I was charged 110 baht for a Heineken which I thought was cheap for a go-go bar in the area.

I was in Cocktail bar for about 90 seconds. That is not long enough to gain a valid impression, but from what I could see in that brief period the lads were nice looking, the venue was well lighted, and well decorated.

I wish I had been able to stay longer, but I was blasted out by the level of the music. That evening I visited every go-go bar in the Plaza; none was nearly as loud Cocktail.

Over the years, there have been numerous posts regarding the music in bars being too loud; not once has there been a complaint that the volume was not high enough. It is difficult to understand why a manager would expect music at such a level to attract customers.

I shall look in at Cocktail again, as I think it could be a valuable addition to the plaza.

Hopefully GB or someone who is in Sunee will mention the posts about the music to the owner.

It won't be me, for several reasons. First, I don't intend to go back to that bar. Second, people have complained to bar owners many times in the past about volume levels and many other complaints, and most of those complaints fall on deaf ears. Well, of course their ears are deaf. Mine would be too if I was subjected to music that loud night after night. While I wish the bar well, I don't like unnecessarily high music volume and I've got better things to do than to go back to have an argument with the owner. It would definitely be a shouting match. That would be the only way I could be heard.

I deal with those kinds of problems by simply going to other bars where I'm a lot more comfortable.

I really didn't want to go to that bar in the first place. The only reason I went was because people seemed to want a report about it. Ok, I've given my report. I don't go to the bars very often anyway, so when I do it will be a bar I enjoy. I don't enjoy music volume so loud that it probably vastly surpasses the volume of the band that recorded the music. While many may greatly enjoy high music volume, when I go out to the bars I'll go elsewhere.

It would definitely be a shouting match. That would be the only way I could be heard.

Not rocket science is it?

Gogo bars have mainly mature customers, the majority of whom do not like music at a level where conversation is not possible.

One can still have a decent atmosphere with music at a moderate volume.