AdamSmith

'This Liberal Sports Radio Host Thinks He Can Take Down Mitch McConnell'

• Members

I don't know if Jones can take down McConnell but someone needs to do so.  The rally cry should be his family connections to China.

Best regards,

RA1

4 minutes ago, RA1 said:

I don't know if Jones can take down McConnell but someone needs to do so.  The rally cry should be his family connections to China.

Best regards,

RA1

Fascinating! Details? What are his wife's [now Sec Commerce of cuss] connections?

I actually met him one time when he came to visit the Duke U. campus while I was ensconced there as a sophomore [so to speak ^_^ ]. He was giving a show in Raleigh, and wanted just to look over the Duke campus's gorgeous Gothic architecture while he was in the area.

He also ate lunch in the student dining hall, and subsequently made to the news media some rather hilarious remarks, which I now forget, about the abominable quality of the roast beef. Something along the classic lines of how bad it was, but what a mercy there was so little of it. :P

A friend of mine got Red to autograph the copy of Dante's Inferno that the friend happened to be carrying at the time.

The symbolism of that surreal moment has, 37 years later, still yet to gel in mine own mind. :blink:

But I'm sure it will, one day. B)

• Members

If one works at an airport, sooner or later, one will see "everyone" from race car owners/drivers to rock stars to astronauts to CEO's.  I have always tried to know who they were but never said anything to them unless they spoke to me first.  Most deserved at least a modicum of privacy while traveling. 

Best regards,

RA1