meteorb

one month in Colombia report (Cali, Medellin, Cartagena, Barranquilla, Pereira)

• Members

It's not great.  However the curfew has been lifted as of February 2 for the city.  Unclear how long this wil last.

https://bogota.gov.co/mi-ciudad/gobierno/finaliza-el-toque-de-queda-nocturno-en-bogota-en-febrero-de-2021

Like many places, there appears to be no clear plan in place.   I skipped on the capital this year because of the curfew and other restrictions.  My instinct says that restrictions will slowly decrease once they confirm that the Brazil variation of COVID19 is not in the country. If it is -- then all bets are off.

Stay safe.

• Members
On 5/3/2018 at 8:32 PM, meteorb said:

3. Policemen in their twenties are very cute and very attractive in Colombia. hmmm, is there a way... or not?

Trust me, I have wondered and wondered. Especially the traffic-directing cops. I think that's an assignment for trainees and cadets. Yow!

In general, Colombians are very friendly and one gorgeous guy after another will exchange smiles and long looks with you on the street and on the bus. It might mean nothing, but it's sure more of an opening than you'd get from in most other countries.