Gaybutton

All Bars in Pattaya will Close Friday, December 5 - in honor of His Majesty, the King's Birthday

The title of this thread explains it. Friday, December 5 is His Majesty, the King's birthday. In Pattaya the bars will be closed. I imagine all bars throughout Thailand will do the same, out of respect.

The White Night restaurant will also be closed.

It will be only for the one night. On Saturday everything will be open.

I bet if you drive down 2nd Road and take a peek at all the girl bars on the left side of the street that you will find that they will all be open.. Of course the bars we like cant get away with that.

amazing

john

Many bars will be open tonight. I understand there is no enforced closures.

Which ones are those? I personally went around to at least a dozen bars last night and every one of them told me they, and all the bars, will be closed, which is why I put up this notice.

If your information is different, then I guess people will just have to go out and see for themselves.

Many bars will be open tonight. I understand there is no enforced closures.

Confusion in this post and the one from GB is that some bars owners might have said they did not receive an official closing notice. When I was eating at Googie's this am 2 owners of straight bars had said they not received the officil closing order BUT they will be closed

As there seems to be a difference of opinion here, let me say that when I dropped someone home in Sunee this evening at around 7 pm, I did not see one single bar there that was open.

Cheers,

George.

Guest lvdkeyes

I just arrived home via Pattaya Soi 7 to Beach road and all the bars there were jumping. Loads of girls and farangs and beer bottles in evidence. It looked as if Walking Street was busy also, but I didn't go down Walking Street.

Guest joseph44

Has dinner at the Soi near Dongtang Beach (opposite the police station at the back of Bamboo Bar). Pretty lively over there and plenty of acohol.

Guest gayaffairs
Has dinner at the Soi near Dongtang Beach (opposite the police station at the back of Bamboo Bar). Pretty lively over there and plenty of acohol.

The Pattayaland sois were 50% open, including:

Wild West, Oscars, Copa Showbar, Toy Boys