Candyman

RNC paid nearly half a million dollars to law firm representing Hope Hicks and others in Russia probes

• Members

RNC paid nearly half a million dollars to law firm representing Hope Hicks and others in Russia probes

The Republican National Committee paid nearly half a million dollars to a law firm that represents former White House communications director Hope Hicks and others in the Russia investigations, according to a new federal filing.

The RNC's $451,780 payment to Trout Cacheris & Janis adds to the mounting legal fees associated with the investigations by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and several congressional committees of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.

Hicks hired Robert Trout, founder of the law firm, as her personal attorney in September, according to news reports. The report of the payments for legal and compliance services, contained in the Federal Election Commission report filed Sunday, is the first public disclosure of RNC payments to the law firm since Hicks hired Trout.

Three lawyers at the firm represent people in addition to Hicks in the investigations by Mueller and the House and Senate intelligence committees, according to the firm's website. Hicks, who was one of President Trump's most trusted and loyal aides, was interviewed by Mueller and the House and Senate intelligence panels in early 2018.

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2018/05/20/rnc-paid-nearly-half-a-million-dollars-to-law-firm-representing-hope-hicks-and-others-in-russia-probes/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.63aa45d8d9bf

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out and what happens to Hope Hicks.  I can't think of a person in Trump's immediate orbit that I don't think isn't involved in conspiring with other governments or helping to cover up.

17 hours ago, Candyman said:

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out and what happens to Hope Hicks.  I can't think of a person in Trump's immediate orbit that I don't think isn't involved in conspiring with other governments or helping to cover up.

Yes, thinking it and proving it are two different things. It is important to note that so far, nothing has came of anything because of the chaos that happens everyday in the Trumposphere. I think that is intentional.

• Members
17 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Yes, thinking it and proving it are two different things. It is important to note that so far, nothing has came of anything because of the chaos that happens everyday in the Trumposphere. I think that is intentional.

I do think the chaos is intentional, but I wouldn't say that nothing has come of anything because there have been indictments, guilty pleas, and cooperating witnesses.