Guest Astrrro

Bali

Guest Astrrro

Anybody have recent info re the Bali scene? I've been to QBar and Kudos but am looking to expand my horizons. Am especially interest in ladyboys, warias, and fem types. Thnx.

Guest Astrrro

Waria, which is short for wanita pria, is Indonesian for ladyboy/kathoey.

But we all use language differently. Some would call a somewhat effeminate acting boy a ladyboy while others would use that term for a biological male who lives as a woman.

For me it's up to them so if someone born male says sawatdee ka, then they're a ladyboy.

Guest MonkeySee
Anybody have recent info re the Bali scene? I've been to QBar and Kudos but am looking to expand my horizons. Am especially interest in ladyboys, warias, and fem types. Thnx.

Hula Bar was the oldest gay bar in Bali when I was there many years ago. I am not sure if it is still open. They had drag shows and was very popular. Air Asia now has a non-stop from Bangkok to Bali. Maybe more readers will visit and report back?

Guest Astrrro

I heard that Hulu Bar was firebombed a few months ago.

It was the early bar on the circuit with Hulu at 10, then up to Dynapura around midnight and then the beach discos at 2.

Guest MonkeySee
I heard that Hulu Bar was firebombed a few months ago.

I am sorry to hear about the firebombing. I always had a nice time at Hula and have met a few nice guys there. Do you have any more information about who or why?

It was the early bar on the circuit with Hulu at 10, then up to Dynapura around midnight and then the beach discos at 2.

I am not familiar with Dynapura. I guess the beach discos are double 6 and I forget the other one.

Guest Astrrro
I am sorry to hear about the firebombing. I always had a nice time at Hula and have met a few nice guys there. Do you have any more information about who or why?

I am not familiar with Dynapura. I guess the beach discos are double 6 and I forget the other one.

Not sure why Hulu was firebombed. I've heard that it might be anti-gay sentiment but of course it could be a personal dispute or a mafia thingy.

Dynapura is the street in Semnyiak where Q-Bar and other gay bars are located. I was told that Kudos is closed.

The other smaller beach disco near Double 6 is Deja Vu. Mostly girls there but a few warias also. At Double 6, Sunday was and maybe still is rainbow night.

Guest Astrrro

VISA ON ARRIVAL

In accordance with the Regulation of Minister of Law and Human Right of the Republic of Indonesia Number: M.02-IZ.01.10 year of 2007 dated May 28, 2007, citizen from 62 countries and 1 region are eligible for applying Visa on Arrival (VOA).

This visa can be applied directly when you are landed at the certain airports and seaport in Indonesia regardless of the purpose of your visits (Business, Tourist, Social). The Visa on Arrival is not a work visa nor a visitation visa. Therefore, it can not be converted, extended or to obtain immigration permit. The maximum stays permitted for the visa on arrival is 30 days.

The general requirements for visa on arrival are:

* Expiration date of the applicant’s passport must be at least 6 (six) months at the date of entry.

* Round-trip airplane ticket, and fees

The fees for visa on arrival are:

* Visa for stay up to 7 (seven) days = US$ 10,-

* Visa for stay up to 30 (thirty) days = US$ 25,-

For a list of the 62 eligible countries:

Visa On Arrival

Guest MonkeySee

Also found on that same site: http://www.embassyofindonesia.org/consular/nonvisa.htm

Here is more info:

Citizens from 11 countries are given Non-Visa Short Term Visit for purposes of holiday, exhibition, tourism, business, and social-culture and valid for 30 (thirty) days. This Visa could not be converted, extend or to obtain other immigration permit.

Citizens of those 11 countries must always have a return ticket, and be able to provide proof of availability of living expenses equivalent to US$ 1,000.00 (one thousand US dollars) prior to arriving in Indonesia.

Those 11 countries are as follows:

Brunei Darussalam

Chili

Hongkong SAR

Macao SAR

Malaysia

Morocco

Philippines

Peru

Singapore

Thailand

Vietnam

Guest MonkeySee

From the Utopia site:

"Mixwell is the best gay bar in Bali. Great shows and gogo dancers come on every 10 minutes, so you never get bored. They have to half-close the door at midnight under current regulations. Drinks are cheap like everywhere in Bali." -- macpower, Aug 29, 2008

and

"Mixwell bar in Seminyak (just down the street from Q Bar) is busy and fun with great music. It is not a dance bar though. Best thing is that it gets going about 9pm whereas other places start at midnight or so. Great waiters, fun drag shows and go go dancers, too." -- Reetah, Jul 17, 2008

also

"Another hot place to be is the Ocean Beach. A mixed club from the famous Ku De Ta group. The floating dancing floor is a lot of fun, with drunk guys throwing each other in the water. Drinks are more expensive and there is an entrance fee. Great ambiance with lots lots of juicy gay and straight guys jumping around half naked." -- macpower, Aug 29, 2008

By the way, the Utopia site still has the Hula Bar listed. I do not know if this is up-to-date?

Guest bali_exodus
Beware the Waria!

There are four gay bar now in Dhyana Pura street

Q bar (the old one)

Mixwell bar (the busiest bar)

Nirvana (Just opened 4 months)

Bali Jo Bar (just opned this month)

Kudos bar closed already............

Guest bali_exodus
Beware the Waria!

There are four gay bar now in Dhyana Pura street

Q bar (the old one)

Mixwell bar (the busiest bar)

Nirvana (Just opened 4 months)

Bali Jo Bar (just opned this month)

Kudos bar closed already............

Hulucafe is still also there but they change adress : http://hulucafe.com/cafe.php?id=menu.

When i was there last time kudos was still open : http://www.kudosbali.com/ but Kwinbar was already closed.

I also visited http://bonitabali.com/index.html for snack and massage. For informations you can look also http://www.bali-rainbows.com/ and http://www.baligayguide.com/.

For accomodation you can have a look at http://www.balifriendlyhotels.com/

Other massageplaces are http://www.jarimenari.com/ and http://www.9massage.com/Main.htm

Guest DThump

Many years back the original Hulu Cafe then owned by Grant R.I.P. was the starting point in the evening it was always full, they just did drag shows, most of gay Bali was there nitely, after people moved on to Q Bar and Kudos ending the evening at 66.

Guest ryanasia

All of the bars whatever they are called now are a skeleton of what they used to be. I remember Hulu and Q and back then it was sort of fun. These days there is simply no comparison.

Guest ryanasia

VISA ON ARRIVAL

In accordance with the Regulation of Minister of Law and Human Right of the Republic of Indonesia Number: M.02-IZ.01.10 year of 2007 dated May 28, 2007, citizen from 62 countries and 1 region are eligible for applying Visa on Arrival (VOA).

This visa can be applied directly when you are landed at the certain airports and seaport in Indonesia regardless of the purpose of your visits (Business, Tourist, Social). The Visa on Arrival is not a work visa nor a visitation visa. Therefore, it can not be converted, extended or to obtain immigration permit. The maximum stays permitted for the visa on arrival is 30 days.

The general requirements for visa on arrival are:

* Expiration date of the applicant’s passport must be at least 6 (six) months at the date of entry.

* Round-trip airplane ticket, and fees

The fees for visa on arrival are:

* Visa for stay up to 7 (seven) days = US$ 10,-

* Visa for stay up to 30 (thirty) days = US$ 25,-

For a list of the 62 eligible countries:

Visa On Arrival

You do not pay cash for your visa to visit Bali these days. It is included in your ticket. Ignore the visa on arrival desks if you are from a G8 country. You go straight through immigration who are efficient and pleasant. Not sure what the deal is for Thais to visit but for Americans or Brits there are no games or hoops to jump through.