zazzu

massage and tipping questions in Shanghai, China

• Members

Hey guys

I'm heading to Shanghai in a few days and I'll probably try a massage while I'm there.  Any suggestions on a decent massage spa - fairly clean, not too difficult to find and has attractive staff? I've already looked on various gay travel sites and I have an idea of a couple of spots to try.  Just curious if anyone here has experience they want to share.  Hoping for something on the more sensual/erotic side.

Anyway, my main question is about tips.  Is it customary to tip for a massage in China, and if so, how much?  I don't want to be cheap nor do I want to over tip. 

Thanks in advance.

I have no experience in going to massage shops. But you can find moneyboys on apps like Jack'd and especially blued, which is the most popular gay app in China. The moneyboys might use $ or other signs (phone number, spa) in their profile description/picture to give you a hint that they are for hire. If you text them they are likely to reply with "mb" or “收费" to clarify that they are looking for customers only. The going rate for short time (快餐) in Shanghai is anywhere between RMB 600 - 1500 (or more for superstars) depending on looks and popularity. There is no extra tip on top of that, but guys might ask for a surcharge or taxi money for outcall. There is also a website with available guys in various Chinese cities: www.jrwp.co Note that the number behind the city name is indicating the rate (e.g. 上海80 = RMB 800, 上海12 = RMB 1'200).

• Members
On 10/13/2018 at 11:39 PM, zazzu said:

Hey guys

I'm heading to Shanghai in a few days and I'll probably try a massage while I'm there.  Any suggestions on a decent massage spa - fairly clean, not too difficult to find and has attractive staff? I've already looked on various gay travel sites and I have an idea of a couple of spots to try.  Just curious if anyone here has experience they want to share.  Hoping for something on the more sensual/erotic side.

Anyway, my main question is about tips.  Is it customary to tip for a massage in China, and if so, how much?  I don't want to be cheap nor do I want to over tip. 

Thanks in advance.

There was a famous massage shop named "ING"in Shanghai with many bodybuilders. But it closed for ever several months ago.

• Members
On 2/6/2019 at 12:50 PM, sasoon807 said:

I have no experience in going to massage shops. But you can find moneyboys on apps like Jack'd and especially blued, which is the most popular gay app in China. The moneyboys might use $ or other signs (phone number, spa) in their profile description/picture to give you a hint that they are for hire. If you text them they are likely to reply with "mb" or “收费" to clarify that they are looking for customers only. The going rate for short time (快餐) in Shanghai is anywhere between RMB 600 - 1500 (or more for superstars) depending on looks and popularity. There is no extra tip on top of that, but guys might ask for a surcharge or taxi money for outcall. There is also a website with available guys in various Chinese cities: www.jrwp.co Note that the number behind the city name is indicating the rate (e.g. 上海80 = RMB 800, 上海12 = RMB 1'200).

pity there is no such site in thailand