BiBottomBoy

Buy A Senator?

• Members

BBB, you're a genius! B)

And like most truly inspired ideas it's simple, straight forward, right on point.

And to just show you how much I admire you, I'm not buying 50  extra chances for you for Friday's drawing. No Charge! No need to wire me $100,  this one's on me.

To be sure, it's not entirely original:

Related image

But that it's well within American political tradition only makes it better.

• Members
15 hours ago, BiBottomBoy said:

I just realized.

Whoever gets the winning lottery ticket can actually buy their own senator.

Since the GOP is only up by one vote that can be a sweet deal.

They could buy all the Senator's.  Have you ever noticed how cheaply these politicians sell out for?

• Members
1 hour ago, BigK said:

They could buy all the Senator's.  Have you ever noticed how cheaply these politicians sell out for?

BigK, that's not being entirely fair to the professionalism of our pols. Sure, if it's a technical amendment to some obscure sub-section of the tax code that no one w/o a degree in tax accounting could possibly understand in the first place,  just drop a few thou by his office and make sure his legislative aides know when he needs to show up & which way he needs to vote.

But if it's something the rubes back home are likely to a) understand what he did and b) get all riled up about, then the price can get quite high. Even in one of those one party districts, if it's something that's likely to get him "primaried" then you gotta be prepared to stump up some real cash. What if it's something he's long since sold his ass-hole on? To long term allies? Well, money does indeed talk but you're going to have to shout real loud to get his attention.

And changing which party has the majority in the US Senate? Well, again please note that in the Florida senate race the candidates have already spent north of  $150 million on this election. That's just the expenditures they admit to on paper (and doesn't include 'independent'  super-PACs or the various party organizations).

I'm not saying BBB can't buy himself a senator or two, just that it might cost him a healthy chunk of his winnings.

Related image

• Members

Jesus Frog, guys, talk about living in a fantasy---the damn drawing was  on Tuesday  and some  wormy redneck from S. Carolina won it all.  Every fucking dime of it. Probably donate a big chunk of it to "Make America Great Again". 

The  prize is back at $40 million which aint shit once you cash out and pay the fucking taxes.  Hell I could hardly afford a state representative and a couple of mayors with that.

I'm gonna keep my money in my pocket and wait for the payout to get back up to a least $500 million.

______

LOL, the truly crazy shit is that I actually feel genuinely  disappointed  that we didn't get a chance to not buy our tickets. Is that nuts or what? :wacko:

• Members

I see where Powerball's payout is up to $750 million so I'm switching my 50 ticket investment to not buying Powerballs.

Do you want me to not pick up some for you too, BBB?  Same terms as before. :P

ps  Let me know if you have any particular numbers you want on your tickets.

• Members

500 tickets!?  That's like a $1000, BBB.

Sorry but I'll have to ask you to front the cash for a buy that large. You can trust me (see my AS and Lookin references) but I wouldn't have a clue how to find you (you do have this habit of dropping out of sight from time to time). Heck, I don't even speak French.

Image result for suspicious gif

Sure, with 500 chances you're almost a lock to win but still....