BiBottomBoy

What's The Deal With Gay Republicans?

• Members

RH and Tartegogo-

I agree with much of what you guys write.  I am quite willing to rail against all pols, not just dems or repubs. If their lips are moving, they are lying.  The mounting deficits and national debt is beyond disturbing.  Both or all sides are to blame.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
1 hour ago, RA1 said:

If their lips are moving, they are lying.

I saw many Beto O'Rourke speeches. His lips moved a lot, but I didn't hear any lies. He even admitted late in the game that calling Ted Cruz "Lying Ted" was not his proudest moment. Very impressive man. Never, ever thought I'd consider voting for a Texan. I would consider Beto.

Some would argue that lying, in one form or another, is necessary in the business of politics to succeed. One needs to WIN an election to make a difference.

Some would also argue that lying is necessary in business, period. I have certainly learned that lesson the hard way. Personally, I hate liars, but I know now that lying has levels. There are moments when you simply can't tell a customer the whole truth, simply because they don't want to hear the whole truth, and telling the whole truth might put a bullet in your foot.

Much negotiation of ideas in life is a calculated gamble. You can't always be sure of the outcome, regardless of the amount of homework you've done. A little harmless lying can build confidence, and often, you need confidence to cross the finish line. I've grown up to know that not all lying is intended to do harm. Intent matters.

• Members
4 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

We just cannot read people's thoughts and you just get into an endless exchange of anecdotal examples of how the guy is or is not whatever label you are discussing.

Words matter. When judging a public speaker, you not only have words to judge, you have other visual things. Smart voters dig deeper. They tend to study everything before judging someone. I don't need to see the inside of someone's heart to determine whether he/she is a racist or a homophobe. Words matter. Behavior matters.

4 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

I can imagine one where I would support someone who opposes gay marriage but is for 12 weeks of paid maternity leave, for instance.

I supported Obama when he was officially against gay marriage. I did so because I knew how he truly felt. The same is true for Hillary. Politics is complicated. You can't always express how you truly feel because the moment is not ready.

On the other hand, if I know that a politician is a homophobe or anti-gay, or talks and walks like one, he/she does not receive one penny from me. No vote. I don't give a shit what the other ideas are.

I know several struggling artists who developed serious illness in the past ten years. The ACA's Medicaid program has saved their lives thanks to Medicaid expansion in NYC, given to us by Nancy Pelosi, Barrack Obama, and our state leaders. When I think of all the red state officials who denied Medicaid expansion in their states, and I think of all the low-income people whose lives suffered, perhaps died, it sickens me to my core. IMMORAL. The Republican agenda is always about money: theirs, and nobody else matters.

Both sides are not to blame.

• Members
6 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

I saw many Beto O'Rourke speeches. His lips moved a lot, but I didn't hear any lies. He even admitted late in the game that calling Ted Cruz "Lying Ted" was not his proudest moment. Very impressive man. Never, ever thought I'd consider voting for a Texan. I would consider Beto.

Some would argue that lying, in one form or another, is necessary in the business of politics to succeed. One needs to WIN an election to make a difference.

Some would also argue that lying is necessary in business, period. I have certainly learned that lesson the hard way. Personally, I hate liars, but I know now that lying has levels. There are moments when you simply can't tell a customer the whole truth, simply because they don't want to hear the whole truth, and telling the whole truth might put a bullet in your foot.

Much negotiation of ideas in life is a calculated gamble. You can't always be sure of the outcome, regardless of the amount of homework you've done. A little harmless lying can build confidence, and often, you need confidence to cross the finish line. I've grown up to know that not all lying is intended to do harm. Intent matters.

We all lie but I am not running for office.  Most of my lies are to promote social intercourse.  Nice tie.  Have you lost weight?  I completely agree that INTENT matters.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
1 hour ago, RA1 said:

We all lie but I am not running for office.  Most of my lies are to promote social intercourse.  Nice tie.  Have you lost weight?  I completely agree that INTENT matters.

RA1

Just for clarity, should I read that last statement as factual in nature or an effort to promote social intercourse with RockHard?  :flowers:

• Members
13 hours ago, MsGuy said:

factual in nature or an effort to promote social intercourse with RockHard?

Perhaps both?

I've always had a tie fetish. My collection is known to be striking and beautiful. When I wear a tie, inevitably, someone always compliments it. I'm also a fan of Charvet shirts.

As for weight, I always seem to be on a diet. Or at least conscience of what I eat. I dread the middle age bulge that so many friends are sporting now. I'm fighting hard to maintain my 37-38-inch waistline. My weight hasn't fluctuated much in the last ten years, but repeat clients often ask if I've lost weight. I tell them no, it's gravity. Which is probably the truth.