Latbear4blk

tinder misadventures

• Members

Inspired by the sharing of our milk sister @Tartegogo, I downloaded Tinder to my phone. At the beginning, I loved it. The swiping left, right, and up, and the limitation to connect only when there is a match, just got me. Soon I was paying for the Plus version, mainly to be able to scout other locations. I did notice some glitches. The app would sometimes freeze, specially when I would tap in the notifications. But I still loved it. I was making a lot of connections in Salvador and in DC. 

The app let you know there is people who liked you, but in order to know who they are, you have to pay for the Gold version. I was hooked, so I did. I should have been billed about 50 bucks, to make the difference between the 100 of the Plus I had already paid, and the 150 of the Gold version.

Instead, they billed me 150. I contacted the app developers because this was obviously a glitch (or perhaps a designed scam) in their product, but they send me to Apple store. Once I explained the situation, Apple immediately refunded my money. This story was actually longer and more frustrating that it sounds.

God save Apple.

Death to Tinder.

giphy.gif

• Members
2 hours ago, BiBottomBoy said:

Yeah. Why use Tindr when there is Grindr.

When I use Grindr, I have to read the content of every profile to figure out if that person is into people of my age. And most of the time, they haven’t specified it in the text of their profile.  So then I have to contact them to ask if they could be interested in an older guy. This takes a lot of time. 

Tinder only shows me people who have explicitly specified that they are ok with meeting people of my age. 

Grindr filters are one way only (what I like).  Tinder filters are 2-ways (what I like and what they like).

This gives me a smaller group, but every person in the group of people I see on Tinder is into older guys. So at least I am not wasting the time of young guys who are into people of their own age.

On Grindr I get contacted by many guys my age. It is a waste of my time, I am not interested. On tinder they cannot contact me at all, in fact they cannot see me at all, My filter specifies a much younger age. Even among the young ones, those that I didn’t like cannot contact me. The only people who can contact me are people who I “liked”

On Tinder i can also simulate my location, very useful if I am about to travel, but not there yet. 

Also, in Brasil, I had tons and tons of matches, well over 100. Because of my own limitations I only had sex with 2 of them, but It certainly seems a very popular app in Rio with gay guys, much more guys than on Grindr. 

Edited by Tartegogo

• Members
16 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

When I use Grindr, I have to read the content of every profile to figure out if that person is into people of my age. And most of the time, they haven’t specified it in the text of their profile.  So then I have to contact them to ask if they could be interested in an older guy. This takes a lot of time. 

Tinder only shows me people who have explicitly specified that they are ok with meeting people of my age. 

Grindr filters are one way only (what I like).  Tinder filters are 2-ways (what I like and what they like).

This gives me a smaller group, but every person in the group of people I see on Tinder is into older guys. So at least I am not wasting the time of young guys who are into people of their own age.

On Grindr I get contacted by many guys my age. It is a waste of my time, I am not interested. On tinder they cannot contact me at all, in fact they cannot see me at all, My filter specifies a much younger age. Even among the young ones, those that I didn’t like cannot contact me. The only people who can contact me are people who I “liked”

On Tinder i can also simulate my location, very useful if I am about to travel, but not there yet. 

Also, in Brasil, I had tons and tons of matches, well over 100. Because of my own limitations I only had sex with 2 of them, but It certainly seems a very popular app in Rio with gay guys, much more guys than on Grindr. 

You forgot the shipping left, right, and up. It is a great feeling. 

I will keep the free version and wait to be in Salvador to use it.