mvan1

Brazil - no more visa for U.S and some other countries

• Members

Of the many topics Bolsonaro had to say during his visit to see Trump, he announced that in 90 days, the U.S. and citizens from certain other countries will no longer need a visa to visit Brazil up to 90 days each visit, or up to 180 each year.

Between now and June 17, 2019, Americans and citizens of certain other countries can get an electronic visa for Brazil via the internet.  Visits to Brazil after that date will not require a visa of any kind.

To read more about this announcement by Bolsonaro, check Google and/or this link:

https://www.eturbonews.com/247761/brazil-announces-visa-free-entry-for-us-canadian-australian-and-japanese-citizens

Edited by mvan1

• Members

My amigo who's in the travel industry in Sao Paulo DOES NOT like this at all, for I presume travel businesses get some funds from non Brasilians via the purchasing of visas.  I didn't comment on his posts that were on my Facebook page regarding this matter.  ...only wrote that my current visa expires in four or five years.  Look like it'll be a part of my passport until it itself expires in 2025--I think!